Multiple City Ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lord groovy View Post
    be wiped out by less advanced, "michael jackson"-like, life sucking, freak alien...
    im assuming your talking about the wraith.
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Excalibar View Post
      it would make sence that the ancients would build more then 1 atlantis class ship. i meen wats the point of being the most advanced race ever and not build more then 1 atlantis.
      The Ancients weren't conquerors, they prefered to study and learn. After they seeded life in Pegasus they probably observed how various civilizations evolved on various planets. They could do this by placing satellites in orbit around those planets (like in "The game") or send a Puddle Jumper through the gate. I believe the city from "The Tower" was built after they discovered the Wraith, possibly as an Alpha site (which was eventually discovered by the Wraith so the Ancients had to return to Earth). Or they could have built it for demographic reasons (Atlantis was becoming to crowded). Other than that I don't see why they would build more city-ships.

Comment

Originally posted by Andru10 View Post
        The Ancients weren't conquerors, they prefered to study and learn. After they seeded life in Pegasus they probably observed how various civilizations evolved on various planets. They could do this by placing satellites in orbit around those planets (like in "The game") or send a Puddle Jumper through the gate. I believe the city from "The Tower" was built after they discovered the Wraith, possibly as an Alpha site (which was eventually discovered by the Wraith so the Ancients had to return to Earth). Or they could have built it for demographic reasons (Atlantis was becoming to crowded). Other than that I don't see why they would build more city-ships.
        in all of that i only agree with. the ancients did want tto study and learn. but as for other things a huge reason for building more city-ships could be to fight the wraith.

Spoiler:

Comment

It would be harder to build more AFTER hostilities had started, becaus eof how many resources going into the fighting. SOmething the size of Atlantis would be a big drain on a society at war
          sigpic
          385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
            It would be harder to build more AFTER hostilities had started, becaus eof how many resources going into the fighting. SOmething the size of Atlantis would be a big drain on a society at war
            thats a good point but it doesnt alter my argument.

Spoiler:

Comment

Hehe. True. It is a great reason to make more. But having a reason to and doing so are two totally different things. Think how many warships you could make in its place
              sigpic
              385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

in all of that i only agree with. the ancients did want tto study and learn. but as for other things a huge reason for building more city-ships could be to fight the wraith.
                building more Atlantis city ships would of little use in a war. They're powerful and all but it'd be easier to build a load of ships that it's easier to take off and get into fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Zalenka View Post
                  building more Atlantis city ships would of little use in a war. They're powerful and all but it'd be easier to build a load of ships that it's easier to take off and get into fights.
                  Just like just a said a moment ago
                  sigpic
                  385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Just like just a said a moment ago
                    sorry

Comment

sorry
                      Nah, no need for that. Was just saying man.
                      sigpic
                      385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

building loads of ships is god if you are looking for superior numbers but if you want a tone of fire power i'd take the city ships.

(P.S. i'd rather have both a massive fleet AND a few city ships at my disposel.)

Spoiler:

Comment

building loads of ships is god if you are looking for superior numbers but if you want a tone of fire power i'd take the city ships.

(P.S. i'd rather have both a massive fleet AND a few city ships at my disposel.)
                          True, but in terms of the Ancient ships, they were awesome, and lots of them would be more advantageous. City ships are less manouverable, and require far more power to be effective. Plus the fatc that it isn't a purely military installation. The Aurora class, on the other hand.......

Obvo u'd need say 4-5 city ships as docks and safe harbours for your fleet, where they can rearm, repair and refuel
                          sigpic
                          385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

in terms of the Ancient ships, they were awesome, and lots of them would be more advantageous. City ships are less manouverable, and require far more power to be effective. Plus the fatc that it isn't a purely military installation. The Aurora class, on the other hand.......

Obvo u'd need say 4-5 city ships as docks and safe harbours for your fleet, where they can rearm, repair and refuel
                            True about the Auroras been better as attack ships. Built for war. Atlantis has three drone chambers. We could say each chamber is equal to one Aurora, (estimating)/guessing) If that were the case it'd be obviously easier to build 3 Auroras than one city ship.

In terms of city ships been docks, could the ancient outposts not serve this purpose? Each has a supply of drones and a ZPM.

Comment

True about the Auroras been better as attack ships. Built for war. Atlantis has three drone chambers. We could say each chamber is equal to one Aurora, (estimating)/guessing) If that were the case it'd be obviously easier to build 3 Auroras than one city ship.

In terms of city ships been docks, could the ancient outposts not serve this purpose? Each has a supply of drones and a ZPM.
                              That's true, actually. I was thinking about places to store that other commodity u need....crew. RandR. Ships don't fly themselves...........ish.

Oh, totally unrelated to anything, but I went to buy ark of truth on dvd, cos ma laptop didn't give me any joy watching it, and it was gona be 20quid. 20quid? I got series 10 for 25 ages ago!!!!!!!!!!!

I could buy a city ship for 20quid!
                              sigpic
                              385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

I could buy a city ship for 20quid!
                                Imagine how many Auroras that'd be. LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X