No announcement yet.

Modeling Challenge Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yuk, after rereading my history on the Dtch Fighter, I think i need to change it a bit...

www.darkarmada.nl
    www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Here is my first model.... that I'm showing you. This is the casing with the internal computer and the CRL cartridge.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MkF_Smity View Post
        Here is my first model.... that I'm showing you. This is the casing with the internal computer and the CRL cartridge.
        Nice, I guesting you are working in autocad.

Comment

nice
          Spoiler:
          Originally posted by daredevil-k's signature using the quote
          god damn daniel what you done this time!!nice gunahh crap it's an alien.... oh wait it's just jonasyeah it's sam to save our buttsahh crap light sabers!!!she's drunk but how....?hahahaha weaklinghe's way to happyshe's very angry... run!!!ahh what... oh it's just a replicator.. crap!!this is obviously creepyrun like the butt-head you are!!creepycool and smooth hammondmckay you just blew up half a solar systemten hut don't get in teal'cs way to many guns sam's got a gou'aldmckay's always like this

Comment

I am working in autocad..... However I can do it in 3dMax as well. its just easier during the planning phase. when I've finished plannign and making sure that stuff fits I will remodel in in 3d max.

Because this is so compact I am doing a lot of planning. there will be multiple components all inter connected:

1 Crystal CPU - connetcted via fiber optics to the network connections and sensor nodes within the device.
            2 CRL Cartridge - out flow to the radiator
            connection to sensor node.
            3 Mixing chamber for magnetic particles/ neutral accelerator foam.
            4 Foam Storage Tank
            5 Magnetic Particle Tank
            6 Main Battery
            7 Flow Coils
            8 Inducer
            9 Control Panel / Heat PAD on top Arm (See Casing Jpeg from above)
            and the arms on the outside.

There will be more part.

Comment

I am working in autocad..... However I can do it in 3dMax as well. its just easier during the planning phase. when I've finished plannign and making sure that stuff fits I will remodel in in 3d max.

Because this is so compact I am doing a lot of planning. there will be multiple components all inter connected:

1 Crystal CPU - connetcted via fiber optics to the network connections and sensor nodes within the device.
              2 CRL Cartridge - out flow to the radiator
              connection to sensor node.
              3 Mixing chamber for magnetic particles/ neutral accelerator foam.
              4 Foam Storage Tank
              5 Magnetic Particle Tank
              6 Main Battery
              7 Flow Coils
              8 Inducer
              9 Control Panel / Heat PAD on top Arm (See Casing Jpeg from above)
              and the arms on the outside.

There will be more part.
              Ultra cool

Comment

Thanks, I was wondering Does anyone Know if there is a way to reference in another 3dmax element into a 3dmax file..... like in autocad you can draw floor plans in seperate files and then Xref them into one main file..... saving a lot of headache.

Edit: Actually I know where the Xref Manager is I just dont know how to work it. How do I actually xref the objects --> is it merge or import. and can I create materials in one file and different materials in another and xref both in without getting any errors/ unexpected problems with conflicting materials?

Thanks to whoever can help me with this.
                Last edited by MkF_Smity; 01 March 2009, 09:23 AM. Reason: lack of information

Comment

Thanks, I was wondering Does anyone Know if there is a way to reference in another 3dmax element into a 3dmax file..... like in autocad you can draw floor plans in seperate files and then Xref them into one main file..... saving a lot of headache.

Edit: Actually I know where the Xref Manager is I just dont know how to work it. How do I actually xref the objects --> is it merge or import. and can I create materials in one file and different materials in another and xref both in without getting any errors/ unexpected problems with conflicting materials?

Thanks to whoever can help me with this.
                  I would love to help but my knowledge or Xref, and Auto cad and 3d max are precisely zero

Comment

An early design for my British vessel.
                    The design has a strong look of an Earth vessel but with little Asgard touch, elements such as the wings.

My idea is based around the discovery of an old Asgard vessel found during a UK mining venture. The main problem with any nation building their own vessels is the lack of materials; if a large vessel crashed a salvage operation could be undertaken.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                      The design has a strong look of an Earth vessel but with little Asgard touch, elements such as the wings.

My idea is based around the discovery of an old Asgard vessel found during a UK mining venture. The main problem with any nation building their own vessels is the lack of materials; if a large vessel crashed a salvage operation could be undertaken.

Not really a fan of the enormous slant up front... looks rather out-of-place.
                      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Love the union Jack, not to sure about the design or the fact the we went to the Americans for components, some of the greatest minds on the planet I am certain us British I could reverse engineer it by ourselves and have it completely British built.

Comment

what is the current competition?
                          Visit my Website

Comment

Right i gave up on my old design and started using an idea that i had not to long ago.

Spoiler:

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                              Not really a fan of the enormous slant up front... looks rather out-of-place.
                              The massive slant is to give the vessel a sleek profile, its not that "enormous", but i will look at ways to compensate or alter.

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                              Love the union Jack, not to sure about the design or the fact the we went to the Americans for components, some of the greatest minds on the planet I am certain us British I could reverse engineer it by ourselves and have it completely British built.
                              Well the idea behind the design is that the Asgard took on a role of caretaker of the MW after the Lanteans left and built an observation station in earths orbit.

Ignoring the Goa’uld threat, the station and its docked vessel were attacked by the Goa’uld. As the vessel and docked station hurled into earths atmosphere the ships deceleration drive kicked in making the ship and station catapult away from one another.

The reason I wrote that the US gave the UK internal systems is that they will be equal to the 304’s which are new tech and unified systems are a much better step forward in joint operations.

What don’t you like about the design chap?

sigpic

Comment

The massive slant is to give the vessel a sleek profile, its not that "enormous", but i will look at ways to compensate or alter.

Well the idea behind the design is that the Asgard took on a role of caretaker of the MW after the Lanteans left and built an observation station in earths orbit.

Ignoring the Goa’uld threat, the station and its docked vessel were attacked by the Goa’uld. As the vessel and docked station hurled into earths atmosphere the ships deceleration drive kicked in making the ship and station catapult away from one another.

The reason I wrote that the US gave the UK internal systems is that they will be equal to the 304’s which are new tech and unified systems are a much better step forward in joint operations.

What don’t you like about the design chap?
                                Wedge face face front and the fact it look to much like US inspired design even through it was designed independently.

Perhaps if you widen the back portions of the wedge substantially it would improve the looks and it different.

Comment

Working...
                                X