Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
    And you forgot about this one.
    I did forget about it, true, but it also does not fully meat the challenge requirements of a single structure.

Several parts are disconnected making them separate structure.

I may just send it to the judges an bend the rule on that one just so we get some results from the challenge.

I am extending the closing date until Saturday/Sunday so anyone more than welcome to do a quick entry.
    Last edited by knowles2; 18 February 2009, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Dont forget mine (no matter how bad it is)
      Attached Files
      Check Out:http://gateworldfleets.wikia.com/wiki/Gateworld_Fleets

Teal'c: Undomesticated Equines Couldn't Tear Me Away.

Comment

Nyrde

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=978

boberth2o

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=974

Finger13
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=914

lord groovy

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=934

The above are all the entries I could find.
        Last edited by knowles2; 18 February 2009, 02:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrde View Post
          Dont forget mine (no matter how bad it is)
          how come you placed the gate sideways?
          sigpic

Spoiler:
          Originally posted by IMDB
          Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
          Hehe

Comment

Hello, I just joined the forum. It was because of this thread. I think all of you are incredibly talented and I hope to participate in any future challenges.

Comment

Originally posted by MkF_Smity View Post
              Hello, I just joined the forum. It was because of this thread. I think all of you are incredibly talented and I hope to participate in any future challenges.
              welcome to the Gateworld forums and more importantly to our little home, The Modeling Challenge Thread.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MkF_Smity View Post
                Hi, I shall look forward to your entries.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                  Hi, I shall look forward to your entries.
                  When does the next round start, what will it be, and who is directing it?

sigpic

Comment

I do not know.

Comment

I believe that s09119 wanted to do it. But I haven't heard from him for this, so I'll post something by tomorrow for the challenge.
                      sigpic
                      ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                        I believe that s09119 wanted to do it. But I haven't heard from him for this, so I'll post something by tomorrow for the challenge.
                        Huh? I was just throwing out an idea, feel free to do whatever you want.
                        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

WTF what a good ships have been produced here!!!

(im new here too)

Why don't you start making your own fan series or create some cool battle scenes with those models, you've got the skills!

I would most certainly like to see that Ancient Bomber in action against a Hive or even a Daedalus. It could be cool!

(that could be a challenge, a hard one but still...)

www.darkarmada.nl
                          www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

well, there are various "fleets" that often use ships produced by the modellers of this forum. AUVF is new, but the 3.0 has many ships that were originally produced without purpose.

the ship in my sig is mine (although just a merge of an alkesh and hatak), and its in the AUVF

Comment

that is however not what i meant, if i was unclear im sorry.
                              what i meant was: make a fan series like Hiddenfrontier, just to name one. or atleast do a cgi part, like a space battle.

www.darkarmada.nl
                              www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

The idea is good. How ever to truly do something like that would need to do many different shots which would require many different models most of them not ships. In fact unless you plan to take this thing way into the future, their would only require a few ship models, perhaps a 304, 301s and a couple enemies ships.

Stargate was rarely about ships until the later seasons. Most of the modelling would need to go in to planet environment, characters modelling and special effects, buildings, hand held weapons, other devices. Modelling is just the beginning voice recording, and sequencing it with animation. Animation and rigging of the characters, texturing all the models. Compositing these altogether. Then here the big thing rendering all this out and editing this together, adding sound together. All before you would have to write a script, storyboard it all.

So many people have tried to do this, few have succeeded.

Fan series would be to big a project for the first project a small may be a five to ten minutes video would be more achievable. Once many of the assets are created, scaling it up to a large film or series and once we have all figure out how to do it would be easier.

It would be fun to do through.

Comment

Working...
                                X