• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lord groovy View Post
    Thanks a lot!

Here goes my edited version :

Spoiler:
    Amazing view on P11-525 : multiple structures link all over the planet forming a ring. Like paper lanterns on Chinese New Year's Eve.

Who made such things?
    Why is there nothing else on the planet?
    What's their purpose?
    Are they a weapon, some kind of immense decoration or a tribute to long forgotten alien god?
    Are they even dangerous?

SG teams tried to analyze them but some kind of energy field surround each structure. They are completely out of reach...

Dr. McKay has found so far only one solution to find their secret. He thought about using the only equipment known to be able to go harmlessly through any forcefield : a Kull warrior armor.

Will it work?

Way better?
    I just thought I tell you that a back story is not required for this challenge.

Killman, thanks for the planet namer.

Comment

I don't mean to get off topic, but I'm looking for some help. I'm in the process of building a new computer case and I would like to make a replica of the Asgard starship "The Daniel Jackson" and the "Star Gate". I need detailed prints or picture so I can develop a 3D model that can be cut from aluminum. If anyone knows were I can go to research this? Your help is appreciated.

Comment

And latest WIP before going in Terragen.

Spoiler:

Enjoy! and Comment!
        La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
        L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

Originally posted by lord groovy View Post
          And latest WIP before going in Terragen.

Spoiler:

Enjoy! and Comment!
          Looks extremely cool, nice modelling, nice textures to and would love it to be in a episode of SGU or a SGA/SG1 film.

Through with those floating cubes and independent round platforms I am thinking the single structure rule is being stretch a little or it probably damn right broke but it far too cool model of a concept to reject it because of that reason. may be a few wires or perhaps tractor beams to hold them in place or something.
          Plus I love the idea of these things covering an entire planet. It will be very cool to see it in terragen.

I will be publishing a table of where the points will be awarded tomorrow. Which if people want me to the next challenge I will post it right at the beginning when the challenge is issue. I think for the next challenge it should be either a modelling alien species or some sought of personal weapon design.
          Last edited by knowles2; 02 February 2009, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Hey how do i apply my google sketch up images to my terragen creations tutorials or explanations please??
            Check Out:http://gateworldfleets.wikia.com/wiki/Gateworld_Fleets

Teal'c: Undomesticated Equines Couldn't Tear Me Away.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrde View Post
              Hey how do i apply my google sketch up images to my terragen creations tutorials or explanations please??
              I do not think their an easy way to do it in google sketch, I know some of the more complicated way to do it in other programs like importing normals maps I believe.
              In google the simplest way may be to download a free rendering program, http://sketchup.google.com/download/plugins.html
              which their are many above, here ones that provide a free 30 day trial version.

http://www.renderplus.com/pdf/download.htm
              render out the image in a png with transparency on, not sure if the above program allows for that, it should do. Then render out the scene you created in terragen, I did place few tutorials for this program with in the challenge post which can be found in my signature. To render a image in terragen go to view-Render control-Render image.
              Then use something like Adobe Photoshop or Gimp to combine the two images together.

If you have lightwave 3d then you can go Landscape and export the terrain into that program. Which would then enable you to render the scene with you structure directly place in it. I do not use lightwave so have not tried this myself.

Just post here if you need any more help. I am still learning terragen myself, the programme is not as simple as it looks. Google sketchup I only know the real basics of it. Through it being use in a surprising number of professional game studios now, because of its capabilities to create objects with relatively few polygons.

Comment

Well guys ten days to go, so how is everyone models going.

Comment

How many people have entered in this one?

Comment

There hasn't been much activity . I know I dropped out because I got sidetracked with something else.

Maybe everyone is just busy. It's a good challenge theme.

Comment

I've just not had the time to properly sit down and create something... Factor in a computer throwing hissy fits and a bad case of Modellers block...

You get the idea.

Maybe next time.....

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Or you could just slap something together in the next five days, at the rate entries are flooding in it would probably stand a good chance of winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
                          There hasn't been much activity . I know I dropped out because I got sidetracked with something else.

Maybe everyone is just busy. It's a good challenge theme.
                          Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                          I've just not had the time to properly sit down and create something... Factor in a computer throwing hissy fits and a bad case of Modellers block...

You get the idea.

Maybe next time.....
                          It’s been very quiet here, too quiet. It must have been a busy period for everyone. Get over the expenses of Christmas and then birthdays flood the calendar and the dreaded Valentines Day! Work has been busy too.

I had some ideas for this round, but each idea didn't comply with the rules of single structure, technology not seen before, and no ships.

Anyway...what’s the next round going to be and who is taking the reigns?
                          Didn’t s09119 want to create/ manage the next round?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post

I was thinking the next one should be design and model your own version of the ship destiny from universe.

Just to see if anyone get close to actual design before it is release.
                            Last edited by knowles2; 12 February 2009, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                              I've been following his "continuing stargate" fiction so my guess is he wants either a design for the 305 in his story or somthing to do with the Der'kal (the bad guys in his storyline)

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

I think that I'm going to have to talk to s09119 to see if he still wants to manage the Fifth Challenge.
                                sigpic
                                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Working...
                                X