No announcement yet.

Modeling Challenge Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RJB and Finger very nice models. I think the judges going be fighting over whole get first place. For new comer I think it going to be Finger but then again RJB model is more detail.

But luckily I do not have to decide.

Comment

Challenge 4

The Stargate activates and a camera doom in on the event horizon, a SG team comes through it, the gate shuts down and the camera rotates 180 degrees and you see a single unnatural structure or object or anything you want.
      This structure can be anything you want it to be, an arch way, to monolith to a pyramid, a diamond, a temple, a floating alien whale but it must be alien and original.

It must not be:

- Recognizable from any aliens we have encountered before. Originality
      people.
      - city, base, village , or ship.

What it must be:

- It must be a single object/structure, no cities, no bases, no towns.
      - Alien origin
      - It purpose must not be immediately obvious to the viewer.

Optional extras:

Creating environment (hill, trees, sky, moon, anything but it must be part of landscape/setting for the structure.) This can be done in either 2d or 3d.

Helpful Stuff

Terragen
      A program specifically design to create landscapes and entire planets. And the best thing about it is that their free version.

Link
      http://www.planetside.co.uk/terragen/

Tutorials

http://www.basinski-net.de/tutorials/tutorials.htm

http://www.matthias-blum.de/Terragen...tArtifact.html

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/tutor...&section_id=39

You have got to the 15 of February 12 am GMT to get you entries in or until I get online and post a post with all entries in aka I will not be checking exact times that you post final render, as long is up by the time I check.

I think the rules are clear any questions please ask, and have fun and get modeling.

Comment

not so sure about this one.... i'll still have a go though.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
          ditto, but I like the helpful bits added by knowles.

sigpic

Comment

The judges will surely have hard time. Let the best one win.

The next challenge, however, is really, really interresting. Our originalities will be tested to the limit.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
              Yeah go and have a go, you never know you might come up with a really good idea.

Originally posted by Semmer View Post
              The next challenge, however, is really, really interresting. Our originalities will be tested to the limit.
              That why I came up with the challenge to get people producing completly original ideas. And the show spends most of the episodes planet side, so I thought we needed a more planet orritated challenge and protentially non military one to.

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
              ditto, but I like the helpful bits added by knowles.
              Thanks, I will be adding more stuff as I come across it during the contest. As I wanted to learn Terragen myself for quite some time.
              Last edited by knowles2; 15 January 2009, 12:01 PM.

Comment

I know its past the deadline but i found the exact dimensions for my bomber i saved them in a notpad document

Height 9m 7.2 with gear up
                lengh 47m
                width 23m

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Finger13 your ship is amazing!! Some of those pictures are stuning!

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Just to let you guys know the challenge officially ends at midnight on the 15th of January. As in I mean today, Thursday, the 15th of January, Midnight EST. This is the last day of the challenge, yesterday was not.
                    sigpic
                    ----DeviantArt----

Comment

The next one is VERY VERY tricky. Its too broad and too confining at the same time.

Its gonna be nice to see what other people will come up with.
                      Visit my Website

Comment

through the ancient art of pen and paper i have doodled an idea for this.... but it's gonna be a while before i can get started properly on anything substancial...

ny word on when the results for the bomber might appear?

Comment

No picture showing up for me dr lee

Comment

IN my last post? Good...

cuz i didn't post one i was just saying that i've started an idea for the next challange on paper rather than in Max as i've only got this weekend to work with Max before i'm away for a full week.....i'm attending Pegasus 4 at the end of this week

Comment

My mistake misread post.

Enjoy you time at Pegasus 4.

Comment

Here it is, the Third Challenge, Below is the rubric, my original post, and the members entered in the contest. Please send these back ASAP so I can have the final scores tabulated in a timely fashion.

The Members Entered

eps200
                                Merlin1701
                                Finger13
                                Dr.Lee
                                RJB
                                Semmer

The Third Challenge

The Third Challenge is going to be a Military Bomber. It is an all purpose bomber that is capable of space travel as well as operation in an atmosphere. There are no requirements as for the size, weight, or power of this vessel but no FanWank. This requires you to model a ship, and present detailed specs of that ship upon the deadline. As usual the base rule is only using the Stargate technology that is currently in the show. I must be in on the deadline date no late entries (killman). The deadline is going to be on January 5th 2009 Midnight EST. If you have questions please ask them.

The Third Challenge Rubric

They will be graded on a scale like so:
                                1 - Not Acceptable, Not Present
                                2 - Acceptable, Partially present
                                3 - Excellent, present

The set up is below:

-Member Name
                                -Ship Name
                                -Ship Specs
                                -Ship Use
                                -Real Life Stargate Tech (no technology advanced beyond the show currently)
                                -Presentation
                                -Originality
                                -Style
                                -Other (you can specify a feature that they did well on or didn't at all)

Total = __________

Please send me back your decisions and reviews, total your numbers please
                                Yours truly,
                                sigpic
                                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Working...
                                X