No announcement yet.

Modeling Challenge Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GRRRRRR cant freaking get any good engines....

www.darkarmada.nl
    www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

I've smoothed up my ship a bit

Spoiler:

www.darkarmada.nl
      www.runescape.com

Comment

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW I HATE SKETCHUP!!!!!

it did not freaking safe when I told it to!!! now I lost my progress...

www.darkarmada.nl
        www.runescape.com

Comment

Originally posted by locutes View Post
          AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW I HATE SKETCHUP!!!!!

it did not freaking safe when I told it to!!! now I lost my progress... :
          it's rather annoying when that happens... but i'm more annoyed when it crashes and i have to restart from the last autosave...

EDIT: got to work on the paneling, have done most of the left wing... what do you guys think?

Last edited by tjoflojt; 09 May 2009, 09:09 AM.
          sigpic

Spoiler:
          Originally posted by IMDB
          Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
          Hehe

Comment

the problem is it did not auto safe, so I was set back a full day...

www.darkarmada.nl
            www.runescape.com

Comment

i would probably bash my computer and sue google for it if that happened
              sigpic

Spoiler:
              Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
              Hehe

Comment

I might set up a thread specifically design to design new alien species soon as I start building the 3d model of it.
                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=19022
                One of my old threads, really old but feel free to hijack and revamp it Got a couple of great gems in there actually.

As far as im aware were doing destroyers right? hmm i can give that a crack, though destroyers have been done to death, i think i have 3 or 4 myself that i havent used..
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

lolz

www.darkarmada.nl
                  www.runescape.com

Comment

Well, i've done the whole left side now, let me know what you think.

and btw, since Podium isn't professional software, the pic might be a bit unclear.
                    sigpic

Spoiler:
                    Hehe

Comment

looks good. I've got a LOT of catching up to do if you are getting it done so well...

my ship is not

www.darkarmada.nl
                      www.runescape.com

Comment

well, there are still some things i'm gonna change or redo, but i'm actually really pleased with how it's turning out. a tip is to do the turrets as separate models and then import them. makes it easier to fiddle with details, you just reload them when it's done.
                        sigpic

Spoiler:
                        Hehe

Comment

Onley one turret left to do, so almost done, on them I don't want any fancy panelling, I like to keep them as smooth as possible.

www.darkarmada.nl
                          www.runescape.com

Comment

well, since my ship is a bit boxier, and the turrets are so big, they need detail. here's an updated pic:

sigpic

Spoiler:
                            Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
                              I absolutely love BSG and no offense to Stargate, but their ships are so much more pleasing to the eye lol. You look at the Pegasus or Galactica and you know an ass-kicking is on its way. That and the fact that BSG actually got their space battles right. I like my Stargate, but can't help but style my ships after BSG haha. I'm trying to incorporate Tau'ri influences though.

My ship is based off of an Original BSG ship called the Tiger, though I plan to deviate heavily from its design. I took the shape of the nose and the wings.

You won't be disappointed by the box set. The finale is the most amazing 2 hours of TV you'll watch lol.

And the Battle of the Resurrection Ship *drools*. Sci-fi perfection.
                              I modle most of my ships from ships from the Gundam Universe because they are more practicle looking and look like real warships. Plus i use alot of the same technology minus the giant robots. Like only one class of ship in most of my stories can actully fly in atmospher where as others cant. and to launch a ship into space they have to use either a mass driver or Huge rocket booster. And their ships can go faster then light which is actully a plus for me because the whole thing is more realistic.
                              Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Originally posted by FN-P90 View Post
                                I modle most of my ships from ships from the Gundam Universe because they are more practicle looking and look like real warships. Plus i use alot of the same technology minus the giant robots. Like only one class of ship in most of my stories can actully fly in atmospher where as others cant. and to launch a ship into space they have to use either a mass driver or Huge rocket booster. And their ships can go faster then light which is actully a plus for me because the whole thing is more realistic.
                                I'd still take a Battlestar over a Gundam any day. Haha, never could get into Gundam. Battlestars are tried, tested and true. Throw a couple of nukes into their armour and they'll keep on steaming.

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
                                well, since my ship is a bit boxier, and the turrets are so big, they need detail. here's an updated pic:

Looking good, I like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X