Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
    thats the winner man, finger. thats soo AWESOME
    Let's not rush to conclusions though lol, you guys are making some nice looking ships.

And RJB's is detailed beyond belief, and he has experience with awesome scenes haha.

It will be a close competition. From what I understand the description and story behind the model holds just as much weight as the model itself, doesn't it?

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
    I thoguht that texturing would spoil it but now :O
    I will still be doing some tweaking to it. The texturing could still use some work, and I need to figure out how to add colour details like stripes.

The vertical surfaces are smeared, and it's hard to differentiate the details from the hull now.

I am picky lol, but it's still rough. I just wanted to post an update.

Originally posted by Semmer View Post
    Mmm.. put some details on the center of the rear frame, the empty spot between the engines. Something to make it look not so empty.

Btw, looking damn good!
    I'm not done modelling, just wanted to test my texturing.

I played around making a planet that looked half decent, but then I had one hell of a time trying to move around two objects in Layout. I need to learn the tricks of setting up scenes now.

Gah! Too much learning!
    Last edited by Finger13; 21 December 2008, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Hoping to finish the top center area today and maybe the engines.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
      Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

Originally posted by rjb View Post
        hoping to finish the top center area today and maybe the engines.

hot looking ship!

sigpic

Comment

With the standard of modelling I think the specs/history are going to be the deciding factor.
          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

update on my bomber project, i think this thread is also on the homeland security most viewed! lol

Fallen behind, been rather busy with christmas stuff. Those wedges on the bottom will one day become drop doors for bombs and MIRV missiles.

Last edited by Merlin1701; 09 February 2009, 08:36 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
              With the standard of modelling I think the specs/history are going to be the deciding factor.
              At this moment in time if the deadline was today i would vote for RJB. I think it looks great and there was an early post that displayed the ship face on...looked like a future tauri ship. As soon as you see it you know its an ancient vessel.

sigpic

Comment

Am i on the deciding team this time? I hope so its going to be awesome to judge
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

Would we get extra points for an interior

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

I'm planning on adding an interior to the bomber AFTER the challange is up, not sure if i can get it done in time as it is... let alone adding an interior...

That being said,even though it's almost done, i'm tempted to pull out Looking at RJB's and Finger's bombers i don't think i've got a chance here.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by eps200 View Post
                      Would we get extra points for an interior
                      I'll be doing one for my ships bridge but that's because you can see it from the outside.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle

Comment

Ive done the boarding ramp so im thinking f doing the cargo bay for a looking up the ramp shot and like you the bridge

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                          That being said,even though it's almost done, i'm tempted to pull out Looking at RJB's and Finger's bombers i don't think i've got a chance here.
                          Your forgetting what contests like this are about. It's not so much winning but making some amazing ships. I find it great to see what each person comes up with when they all have the same starting theme.

Another small update from me.

Comment

Originally posted by RJB View Post
                            Your forgetting what contests like this are about. It's not so much winning but making some amazing ships. I find it great to see what each person comes up with when they all have the same starting theme.
                            guess i've just gotta work harder at ignoring that nagging voice in the back of my head eh?

as a result here's a couple of renders at an attempt to texture the bomber

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                              guess i've just gotta work harder at ignoring that nagging voice in the back of my head eh?
                              I'll be here to make sure you do.
                              Also like you I don't like doing fancy texturing so I just got good a detail work so I don't have to.

I like the single turret on the back, much better than with the two.

Comment

Sorry about my leave of absence but I've been sidetracked by my favorite sport (hockey). I'm back know and everything is going along nicely I see.
                                sigpic
                                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Working...
                                X