Modeling Challenge Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
    Going to do some landing gears tonight and hopefully finish them, Tomorrow will probably figure out how to rig them for animation. Anyone knows how to make extracted polygons have their own movable pivot point in cinema 4d.
    If you were doing it in Maya I could help you, but I dont know c4d too well.

Why the program switch?
    Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
      If you were doing it in Maya I could help you, but I dont know c4d too well.

Why the program switch?
      The university course I am taking this year is being taught using Cinema 4d it was either cinema 4d or blender, the class spent twenty minutes with each, and well no one voted for blender.

Comment

Okay so I revised my weapons systems. I swapped what had been the missile pods and threw them onto the bottom half of the side. Then I went and found pictures of actual vertical launch systems used by US Navy and threw those where the originals had been. I extruded the missile bays from the neck as well to make some more room for the missiles stored inside. As of right now, it looks like it'll have 56 missile tubes for our conventional nuclear tipped missiles, 28 on each side. The bottom missile tubes will probably house heavier missiles, most likely nuclear tipped as well, but designed for either planetary bombardment or for capital ships. More of a cruise missile type, able to pack a bigger punch than the standard missiles.

Spoiler:

And here are a few low quality renders to show different angles:

Spoiler:
        Last edited by Finger13; 13 December 2008, 12:28 PM.

Comment

The ship is looking great Finger13

Out of interest what are you doing the modeling in?

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
          Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

Lightwave
            sigpic
            ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by RJB View Post
              The ship is looking great Finger13

Out of interest what are you doing the modeling in?
              Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
              Lightwave
              Thanks RJB.

And yep, Lightwave.

Comment

great ship finger. awesome

now have you saved the nose as a different thing? cause i still like to see it as a kind of jumper

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post

now have you saved the nose as a different thing? cause i still like to see it as a kind of jumper
                  I think thekillman is right! I really liked the smaller version it had a look of a real heavy fighter/ bomber...puddle jumper meets batmobile!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
                    Okay so I revised my weapons systems. I swapped what had been the missile pods and threw them onto the bottom half of the side. Then I went and found pictures of actual vertical launch systems used by US Navy and threw those where the originals had been. I extruded the missile bays from the neck as well to make some more room for the missiles stored inside. As of right now, it looks like it'll have 56 missile tubes for our conventional nuclear tipped missiles, 28 on each side. The bottom missile tubes will probably house heavier missiles, most likely nuclear tipped as well, but designed for either planetary bombardment or for capital ships. More of a cruise missile type, able to pack a bigger punch than the standard missiles.

Spoiler:

And here are a few low quality renders to show different angles:

Spoiler:
                    Absolutely fantastic! What kind of engines does it have? Remember engine detailing. Where's the bridge?

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post

Yeah I made sure that I saved it separately for that very reason. I want to make a larger carrier/battlecruiser variant of this before the Jumper version though.

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                      I think thekillman is right! I really liked the smaller version it had a look of a real heavy fighter/ bomber...puddle jumper meets batmobile!
                      I couldn't incorporate enough weapons onto the smaller one though. Having one, maybe 2 small bomb bays wouldn't really make it the kind of bomber that I wanted.

Still, I will work on it in due time.

Originally posted by Semmer View Post
                      Absolutely fantastic! What kind of engines does it have? Remember engine detailing. Where's the bridge?
                      I don't know what I'll be doing for the engines. I am going to start on them today though, so I should have an idea after I start tossing around some ideas.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, it makes me want to finish this quicker

Comment

Hey RJB, I was in modeler and I must of hit something and the entire left menu disappeared, I have no clue how do get it back up, could you help me?
                        sigpic
                        ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                          Hey RJB, I was in modeler and I must of hit something and the entire left menu disappeared, I have no clue how do get it back up, could you help me?
                          Hit 'D', then go to the 'Interface' tab. Then there are options for your toolbar. If you hit "Hide Toolbar" it disappears. To get it back, just deselect that. You can also choose where you want the toolbar to appear, left of right.

That should help you.

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
                            Hit 'D', then go to the 'Interface' tab. Then there are options for your toolbar. If you hit "Hide Toolbar" it disappears. To get it back, just deselect that. You can also choose where you want the toolbar to appear, left of right.

That should help you.
                            Thanks that worked
                            sigpic
                            ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Started on the back center area.

If things go well I'll just have the wings to do for next week.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
                              Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

Nice!
                                sigpic
                                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Working...
                                X