Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too long..

Comment

to clarify previous statement my partner is pregnant. think we should sort out a challenge, something out of the box....trek style ship.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
        to clarify previous statement my partner is pregnant.
        So no medical miracle? I wasted my good glitter..

think we should sort out a challenge, something out of the box....trek style ship.
        Well, that's out of, but still pressed up against the side of the box...

If we do a Trek style ship it would have to be something from one of the less well known races.. I'm thinking something with sails...

Comment

Apparently lsa is gone....guess challenges won't be moving after all
          sigpic
          THERE IS NO MORE POWER!!

Comment

challenges tried to move, and did for a while but IMO each months challenges were entered by the same people so as these entrants got busy doing different things the challenges dried up.

The challenges IMO are to encourage people to produce 3D models and help each other by providing ideas for the design and tips for building.

sigpic

Comment

shall I test the water and see who is interested in a challenge?
              How about a halo universe inspired project, with the premise that halo 4 is being released in November. After the Covenant war ended Earth's UNSC had to rebuild so let the entrant design new spartan armour, new weapon, new ground or air craft or even space craft.

What do people think of this idea....if people like this challenge I will bulk out the idea.

...in other news the baby is now here.

sigpic

Comment

shall I test the water and see who is interested in a challenge?
                How about a halo universe inspired project, with the premise that halo 4 is being released in November. After the Covenant war ended Earth's UNSC had to rebuild so let the entrant design new spartan armour, new weapon, new ground or air craft or even space craft.

What do people think of this idea....if people like this challenge I will bulk out the idea.

...in other news the baby is now here.
                Congrates on the baby! And I'm up for this! I'm a halo nut myself, {I've got friends who play Dead Space and Mass Effect, and I'm all 'huh ??' about both games} give me a controller and Halo is on, I'M PLAYING TOO!!! In this case I can now model in Lego!!

just, tell me what to model.....

EDIT:

Some examples of what I can make in Lego Digital Designer
                http://fav.me/d5azi03
                http://fav.me/d5be9yx
                http://fav.me/d50nqdi
                http://fav.me/d4yk17d
                Last edited by Princess Awinita; 16 August 2012, 01:52 AM.

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

thank you!
                  I'm also a Halo lover, in fact my partner gave birth in one of my t-shirts....a halo reach one!

I tried that Lego creator software and got angry they didn't have the parts I wanted I find Sketchup a lot easier to use. I was thinking that I would make the challenge open to anything halo-verse ship, suit, gun, station etc
                  I will make up some guidelines if more people are interested and if they want to change the focus to single subject matter.

sigpic

Comment

I'm interested... but I don't know the Halo-verse..

Comment

I could go through and post pics and info for you regarding ships/ vehicles /armor etc

however this is easier....loads of info, images and specs for loads of halo-verse stuff.
                      http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

sigpic

Comment

thank you!
                        I'm also a Halo lover, in fact my partner gave birth in one of my t-shirts....a halo reach one!

I tried that Lego creator software and got angry they didn't have the parts I wanted I find Sketchup a lot easier to use. I was thinking that I would make the challenge open to anything halo-verse ship, suit, gun, station etc
                        I will make up some guidelines if more people are interested and if they want to change the focus to single subject matter.
                        Well, since January and some new updates, Lego Digital Designer has gone through some updates, many in fact, so as long as you try out Lego Digital Designer EXTENDED, you get a smegload of new pieces, but the more pieces you put into a model, the slower the program will run. Personally aming houses and cars, campers and SUVs and pickup trucks and who knows what else in lego is actually fun once you get the hang of it.

I like the idea of branching off of Stargate into Halo and other scifi universes. {why am I sensing soon a Warhammer type of challenge ??}

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Why are we talking about a halo modelling challenge in an SG topic thread, shouldn't it be elsewhere?
                          sigpic "Check out or post Models, toys and blueprints " or: "latest Stargate PC Games "

Comment

Originally posted by Stubba2 View Post
                            Why are we talking about a halo modelling challenge in an SG topic thread, shouldn't it be elsewhere?
                            It was never said for JUST stargate models to be made here, If there is a challegene one wants to present, like Merlin does, then we honor it.

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                              It was never said for JUST stargate models to be made here, If there is a challegene one wants to present, like Merlin does, then we honor it.
                              It is an Sg thread It should be in an off topic thread or fandom
                              sigpic "Check out or post Models, toys and blueprints " or: "latest Stargate PC Games "

Comment

Originally posted by Stubba2 View Post
                                It is an Sg thread It should be in an off topic thread or fandom
                                stubba- this thread is older than the length of your membership at gateworld, it is here for people to get involved in 3d modelling, we don't want multiple threads to get lost in. This is the thread we do challenges on, if we wanted to do a challenge to design a marvel-verse vehicle, babylon5 style carrier or even a star trek phaser we would do it here.

If we decided to design halo-verse ships out of a challenge i would post it on sci-fi meshes and/or OSDT, and that thread is here too. remember Gateworld is about having fun and getting to know other people that share the same interests, I don't think it matters what the challenge is as long as people want to do it and help each other out if they can.

We can't do stargate all the time otherwise we would get bored. The thread is here to help others, can you model? (don't know you and haven't seen you create anything), if you don't we are happy to help, give advice.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X