X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jaffa ship

Comment

Hand held weapons.

may be specifically Jaffa free nation hand held weapons.

Comment

I like the idea of a hand held weapon.. but why limit it to the Jaffa? They have no real reason to give up using staff weapons and zats.

Comment

Even though I'm not a builder, I do aprpeciate the models. If I can vote, I vote for:
          Jaffa ship
          no means no, and so does pepper spray
          Sig by The Carpenter
          sigpic

Comment

I limited it to jaffa because it will make it easier for the judges and it limits the possibilities so future challenges could take hold of those possibilities. Like an ancient warship or a wraith warship.
            sigpic
            ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Sorry for the double post but I had an epiphany.
              It will also help people establish a style to model for certain races. For this current challenge Alx is doing an ancient ground base and has established his own style to model it. If I start to limit the challenges to races then, for example Alx, could possibly come up with a new style for the jaffa. Which would let us delve into expanding that style. Once we are able to have our members establish different styles we can then have harder, enjoyable and more challenging challenges.
              sigpic
              ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Bob im onboard with that! limiting the style to a race adds alittle more of a challange and as you said it would really make for an intresting watch when several ppl have diffrent takes on the same design!

and my vote for the next challenge is Jaffa warship!

Oh i have an update for you fine folks too!

click thumb to view the epic mega pic

Comment

Limiting each challenge to a particular race.. ok I'll go along with that.. not so sure about the 'one person coming up with a style and everyone else expanding on it' bit.. We have seen enough of Jaffa/Goa'uld tech to be able to come up with designs for unseen tech without going in a completely new direction. Limiting a challenge to one member's vision of one race's tech would kill creativity.

Comment

very nice Alx... like the runway on the nose... Have to say i get a Sim-city vibe from the trees.... Nice

Got an update of my own....

started on the cargo crane in the main hanger, along with a seperate control room for said crane. I've also added a second 'module' to the living quarters, adding (probably) a mess and a rec room..... and i've partitioned off the F-303 standby pads on the main landing pad, along with blocking up the nose around the F-303 lift.

I've also finished a small support Tug for the F-303s (along with a trailer for moving Stricken F-303s) that's based off my Jackel design, but with a longer wheelbase and wider wheels.

Be warned... the images below are MA-HOOO-SIVE

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                      Limiting each challenge to a particular race.. ok I'll go along with that.. not so sure about the 'one person coming up with a style and everyone else expanding on it' bit.. We have seen enough of Jaffa/Goa'uld tech to be able to come up with designs for unseen tech without going in a completely new direction. Limiting a challenge to one member's vision of one race's tech would kill creativity.
                      he only used me as an example i dont think he meant 1 person should come up with the style and the others should follow but simply limiting the challange to a race. youve misinterpreted.

and thanks Drlee looking not bad yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
                        he only used me as an example i dont think he meant 1 person should come up with the style and the others should follow but simply limiting the challange to a race. youve misinterpreted.
                        ...But that's what it says.. Member X comes up with a style, then other members expand on that style...

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                        Sorry for the double post but I had an epiphany.
                        It will also help people establish a style to model for certain races. For this current challenge Alx is doing an ancient ground base and has established his own style to model it. If I start to limit the challenges to races then, for example Alx, could possibly come up with a new style for the jaffa. Which would let us delve into expanding that style. Once we are able to have our members establish different styles we can then have harder, enjoyable and more challenging challenges.

Comment

lets just wait for bob he'll clear it up

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
                            and thanks Drlee looking not bad yourself!
                            Thanks.... getting to the fiddly details atm.... hope i can get the time on the 3D compy to finish this

Comment

fingers crossed for you to get more com time then m8! i think once you detail some more it'll look great! keep in mind the deadline is fas aproaching tho!

Comment

Yea... only saving grace is that the compy owner is going away a few days before, so i can hopefully set up some late night sessions...which will be useful

Comment

Working...
                                X