No announcement yet.

Modeling Challenge Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

on the minus side, i'd say its too much like a deadalus. on the plus side you can name it a "battlecruiser" or "dreadnough" and people will believe you.

on the darker side, you limit the firing range of the turrets too much, and there are heavily exposed pipelines. maybe add some protection over it?

on the brighter side, the greebling is not chaotic and it feels real and not overdone

Comment

so what thekillman is saying is its grey! lol

sigpic

Comment

if you add a 't' i might green you lol

Yeah, still needs a lot of work, i decided to add in the turrets to show their basic postition on the ship. I'll add some armour to the pipes as well, thanks killman.
        Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
        sigpic

Comment

Don't put too much armour on it 442. Exposed pipes are not that bad, depends what they are made from.

The real negative point was that it is seen as a battle cruiser when it is supposed to be a destroyer, shrink it down a little, I think you said that it was 600m long...thats about the same size of a 304.

sigpic

Comment

ok, but you've got admit its the best ship i've done. even if it is grey(t).
            sigpic

Comment

sure!

(please note my use of a smiley, very rare!)

remember to shrink it down though, 600m is to big for a destroyer IMO...out of intrest how big is everyone else's destroyer?

sigpic

Comment

what does IMO stand for. I'm no good with abriviations! and thankyou for the smiley
                sigpic

Comment

In My Opinion

Comment

oh, its so obvious! how could i not get that! its like FTW. (For The Win)
                    sigpic

Comment

Well if you think about it armor doesn't matter over piping. If the shield fails, the ship is pretty much screwed anyways. Unnecessary armor might raise the production cost of the ship, and that money could of been used for other things like research into stronger shielding technology. Which could give the offensive weapons more time to inflict damage to the enemy.
                      On the other hand it would be unwise to engineer a ship with its vital conduits on the exterior of the ship. For example your body doesn't have its main arteries on right beneath the skin (the carotid arteries are the one exception but the point it good engineering and main conduits on the exterior hull would be a serious risk in combat)
                      sigpic
                      ----DeviantArt----

Comment

I really like it, but it's gonna be a ***** to texture. some renders would be nice though. gives a much smoother look to it, makes it look more realistic in the pics.
                        Last edited by Skydiver; 20 June 2009, 07:01 PM.
                        sigpic

Spoiler:
                        Originally posted by IMDB
                        Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                        Hehe

Comment

Tis going to be a<snip> to texture. But, oh well.
                          Last edited by Skydiver; 20 June 2009, 07:01 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

It wont be that bad to texture if he starts adding colour now that can be swapped for textures later on.

sigpic

Comment

That's what I do, I set the base as a color and then change it to a texture image at the end
                              sigpic
                              ----DeviantArt----

Comment

guess what, while i was in double maths:

Spoiler:

But its still grey-ish.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X