Modeling Challenge Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
    well, since my ship is a bit boxier, and the turrets are so big, they need detail. here's an updated pic:
    Spoiler:

looks really good, great hull work. I may have extended the neck of the ship maybe adding side connected fins from the head. I have fallen behind a little, meals out and the like...bbq today.

finger, I got the boxset. I have watched the mini-series in which they are attacked, 33 and Water.

Starting to get a vibe for it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
      [/SPOILERS]

looks really good, great hull work. I may have extended the neck of the ship maybe adding side connected fins from the head. I have fallen behind a little, meals out and the like...bbq today.

finger, I got the boxset. I have watched the mini-series in which they are attacked, 33 and Water.

Starting to get a vibe for it.
      Be patient, there are many slow parts that build to a huge climax. In fact most of the plot builds to one or two key points per season, and all have repercussions at the end of the series so pay close attention .

The amazing space battles don't really come until the 2nd, 3rd and 4th seasons and are spaced pretty far apart. But the entire series is amazing, I hope that you enjoy it. Keep me updated on what you think haha. You're lucky to be viewing this from the start. I cheated and had already watched Season 3's Exodus Part II which is basically the second or third largest climax in the series, beaten only by the battle in the series finale and the Battle of the Ionian Nebula at the end of Season 3/start of Season 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
        Looking good, I like it.

looks really good, great hull work.
        thank you very much! i like how it's turning out too, but i'm kinda stuck at the rear... well, i have all day to figure out what to do with it
        sigpic

Spoiler:
        Originally posted by IMDB
        Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
        Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
          thank you very much! i like how it's turning out too, but i'm kinda stuck at the rear... well, i have all day to figure out what to do with it
          I'm having trouble with the rear of mine as well. I got bored of the way that I had it and opted for an engine pod type design. Now I can't decide how to configure my engines . A more Tau'ri style, or a BSG style.

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
            I'm having trouble with the rear of mine as well. I got bored of the way that I had it and opted for an engine pod type design. Now I can't decide how to configure my engines . A more Tau'ri style, or a BSG style.
            ...or a blend?

Why not try a mock up of both types?

sigpic

Comment

...or a blend?

Why not try a mock up of both types?
              I did that last time and it was okay. I have an idea to blend these two, assuming that it works.

I'll post pictures after I do that and then I really need to sleep, it's 5:30 in the morning haha.

Comment

added 4 200mm Coil Guns that will be the real muscle of the ship.

Spoiler:

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

you should also mount guns on the bottom of the ship. And don't forget such guns can be shot off, they stand rather high above the hull

but I like it

www.darkarmada.nl
                  www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

well, the firepower of mine isn't that bad either. the head and back cannons are .88 (meters), and the wing cannons are .62. but since they are energy weapons, power matters more than size.

sigpic

Spoiler:
                    Originally posted by IMDB
                    Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                    Hehe

Comment

Here's where I'm calling it quits for the night.

Spoiler:

Night! lol. Or should I say morning.

Comment

That looks AWESOME!

www.darkarmada.nl
                        www.runescape.com

Comment

Originally posted by locutes View Post
                          That looks AWESOME!
                          Thanks, but I fear that it's straying into a certain Universe that isn't Stargate though lol.

Comment

*is burned alive by the awesomeness*

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

www.darkarmada.nl
                              www.runescape.com

Comment

Originally posted by locutes View Post
                                Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Interesting design, what race is this going to represent? One that we haven't seen?

Comment

Working...
                                X