No announcement yet.

Modeling Challenge Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why would turrets not be capable of firing beams and bolts, it is capable in the Trek universe

www.darkarmada.nl
    www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

that what i thought, but since it's not something that's been seen in the show, it might not be allowed.
      sigpic

Spoiler:
      Originally posted by IMDB
      Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
      Hehe

Comment

personally i only use 1 beam and the rest a LOT of pulses.

www.darkarmada.nl
        www.runescape.com

Comment

a bolt is just a pulse of a beam, if you get what i mean. so yes, technically you should be able to switch.

i dont think you should follow the "stargate tech" rule too closely and favor more original/practical applications over litteral following of the rules.

Comment

This is GATEWORLD a forum for STARGATE.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

still, if we can't be a bit inventive, what's the point of the challenge? I'll go with the mode-swich.
              sigpic

Spoiler:
              Originally posted by IMDB
              Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
              Hehe

Comment

plasma beam/pulse.

plasma=ionised superheated gas.

ionised=charged.

charged= electric and magnetic fields exert force on them.

this means that the manifestation of the plasma, beam or pulse, solely depends on the accellerator cannon. with other words, do you fire a continuous beam of plasma or do you fire short pulses. has NOTHING do do with "stargate" or not. the fact that the goauld make poor ship cannons (missing stuff like massive ori motherships) is BS, humans can harness magnetic fields to the point where we can use it for monitors (remember those big old screens. they use electrons fired at small colored tubes, the electrons were spread over it and even could aim at the individual tubes on the scale of micrometers to make colors, all through magnetic fields. plasma weapons should work on a literal pinpoint accuracy, an APBW should be able to hit a persons ass on the 10 level at the 3rd door, with such an accuracy that the person next to it wouldnt be hit (only incinerated by the intense energy, totally different story).

infact, it could be so advanced that a cannon becomes moot, all you have is literally a bowl (like the asgard ones) and an array of magnets on the top and you can fire in a massive range, extremely fast targeting targets, firing and killing, and even redirecting when still firing.

you could say "this is different plasma," BS plasma is still charged, thus lorentz force still applies. otherwise railguns wont work either.

the goauld staff weapons could be made to work similarly, auto targeting and hitting a persons nose if needed, perfectly on spot.

i prefer to see a more original ship that a classical ship. why not use different types of gravity in the ship, i mean, why not have the hangars use active gravity alteration to allow a smoot ride for fighters? they dont have to land perfectly, they just fly in, gravity slowly activates and they land smoothly. VTOL becomes easy, just as STOL.

why not, instead of the APBW's, use a gamma ray bomb to effectively kill all life in a large radius. positronium can do that. only exists for 200 Ns, but then again it could be made on-spot in the bomb.

or why not use a polonium dust bomb? remember Chernobyl? 50 gram/kilogram (dont remember exactly) was responsible for all that. i believe 50 kg. which is basically nothing. or why not be smart and use Knq (naquahdah-potassium detonation) to detonate a fusion bomb, making a nuke thats so clean that you wont have First Strike-like scenes where the radiation floods the surface. instead radiation is extremely mild making human life easily possible without horrible mutations. 80% of a fusion nuke's radiation comes from the fission component, you need a fission nuke to make a fusion nuke. stargate adds a third stage of naquahdah making insane dozens of gigaton bombs. which would fck up a planet to insane proportions. the clean nukes could flatten america and still allow normal life.

thats my point. not nessecarily startek. Particle beams could be possible, some form of RKV (but not tom's insane ones), maybe even a laser to cut up the remains of the alien spacecraft (seeing the fact that a 304 doesnt shield radiation when close to a sun, a neutron bomb would do aswell and leaves the ship intact)

use fighters with jumperdrives, or in case of this destroyer, why not mount a few really big guns on it built INTO the ship, and not just some fancy turrets?

Comment

bob has the final say, but I agree with killman. All your doing is using a technology from stargate in a fresh way.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    plasma beam/pulse.

plasma=ionised superheated gas.

ionised=charged.

charged= electric and magnetic fields exert force on them.

this means that the manifestation of the plasma, beam or pulse, solely depends on the accellerator cannon. with other words, do you fire a continuous beam of plasma or do you fire short pulses. has NOTHING do do with "stargate" or not. the fact that the goauld make poor ship cannons (missing stuff like massive ori motherships) is BS, humans can harness magnetic fields to the point where we can use it for monitors (remember those big old screens. they use electrons fired at small colored tubes, the electrons were spread over it and even could aim at the individual tubes on the scale of micrometers to make colors, all through magnetic fields. plasma weapons should work on a literal pinpoint accuracy, an APBW should be able to hit a persons ass on the 10 level at the 3rd door, with such an accuracy that the person next to it wouldnt be hit (only incinerated by the intense energy, totally different story).

infact, it could be so advanced that a cannon becomes moot, all you have is literally a bowl (like the asgard ones) and an array of magnets on the top and you can fire in a massive range, extremely fast targeting targets, firing and killing, and even redirecting when still firing.

you could say "this is different plasma," BS plasma is still charged, thus lorentz force still applies. otherwise railguns wont work either.

the goauld staff weapons could be made to work similarly, auto targeting and hitting a persons nose if needed, perfectly on spot.

i prefer to see a more original ship that a classical ship. why not use different types of gravity in the ship, i mean, why not have the hangars use active gravity alteration to allow a smoot ride for fighters? they dont have to land perfectly, they just fly in, gravity slowly activates and they land smoothly. VTOL becomes easy, just as STOL.

why not, instead of the APBW's, use a gamma ray bomb to effectively kill all life in a large radius. positronium can do that. only exists for 200 Ns, but then again it could be made on-spot in the bomb.

or why not use a polonium dust bomb? remember Chernobyl? 50 gram/kilogram (dont remember exactly) was responsible for all that. i believe 50 kg. which is basically nothing. or why not be smart and use Knq (naquahdah-potassium detonation) to detonate a fusion bomb, making a nuke thats so clean that you wont have First Strike-like scenes where the radiation floods the surface. instead radiation is extremely mild making human life easily possible without horrible mutations. 80% of a fusion nuke's radiation comes from the fission component, you need a fission nuke to make a fusion nuke. stargate adds a third stage of naquahdah making insane dozens of gigaton bombs. which would fck up a planet to insane proportions. the clean nukes could flatten america and still allow normal life.

thats my point. not nessecarily startek. Particle beams could be possible, some form of RKV (but not tom's insane ones), maybe even a laser to cut up the remains of the alien spacecraft (seeing the fact that a 304 doesnt shield radiation when close to a sun, a neutron bomb would do aswell and leaves the ship intact)

use fighters with jumperdrives, or in case of this destroyer, why not mount a few really big guns on it built INTO the ship, and not just some fancy turrets?
                    Those bombs you speak of could be mounted in warheads (of rockets/ missiles), so you need a way to deploy them fast, use a Glider engine for propulsion and Naquadriah for detonation and power generation. A bit like torpedoes from the trek universe, they could use gps/laser guids to find their target and then detonate on impact.

Simple and effective weapons.

www.darkarmada.nl
                    www.runescape.com

Comment

except not torpedoes, missiles.

Comment

have done a bit of a ship size image with my fighter carrier, the unfinished destroyer and my unfinished frigate.

I added a 304 at 600m long from the warehouse to show a bit of scale.

sigpic

Comment

great against clouds of darts aswell, gamma radiation cuts straight through them and kills the pilot, and also creates massive mutations within the wraith genome, and within hives and darts themselves

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                            great against clouds of darts aswell, gamma radiation cuts straight through them and kills the pilot, and also creates massive mutations within the wraith genome, and within hives and darts themselves
                            You'd think the Ancients would have tried that.

Comment

Read the first post please
                              sigpic
                              ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Umm... while i'm staying in this challenge.... i might not be posting anything for a few days.

A close friend of my brother lost his 3 year old daughter yesterday morning and it's hit my bro frakking hard.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Working...
                                X