Modeling Challenge Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
    as to challenge it a tiny bit more interesting but not much, but daddy finger told me to stop argue so i shall, even know i am right.
    Good boy.

I've started on my destroyer. It's a weird design but I'm salvaging parts from my fighter carrer. Namely the engines and the castle bit.

Comment

I would post what I've done so far but It's on my sisters laptop. I'll try transfer it as soon as possible. Is it okay for me to do more then 1 design because I have a few ideas.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
        I would post what I've done so far but It's on my sisters laptop. I'll try transfer it as soon as possible. Is it okay for me to do more then 1 design because I have a few ideas.
        I'm pretty sure that there can only be one submission per person. You can design a few and pick the one that you like the most though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
          Congrats to you Merlin. If it would let me i'd green you
          Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
          I tried to green you two for winning but I can't apparently, but congrats.
          Thanks.

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
          Why not render each design later today post them in a montage and we'll vote for the best lookoing design? May help you decide.

sigpic

Comment

Here's an early shot of my Destroyer.
            (Wide image)
            Spoiler:

Currently around 1312 feet long and 557 feet wide, i'm adding a small hanger in the nose that'll hold two ST 920's from Challenge five. I'm considering having a crew of 50 or 60, a number of missiles and i'm going to be putting a larger rail-cannon on this instead of the normal rail-gun.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

how large are destroyers allowed to be. (in space)

for naval destroyers are usually around a 100 meters.

www.darkarmada.nl
              www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

here's a little something i whiped up, can anyone tell me if it fits the rules? it about 90 meters long, 18 high (without the wings) and 77 meters wide.

Spoiler:
                sigpic

Spoiler:
                Originally posted by IMDB
                Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
                  here's a little something i whiped up, can anyone tell me if it fits the rules? it about 90 meters long, 18 high (without the wings) and 77 meters wide.

Spoiler:
                  well welcome aboard. I guest those weapons can destroy stuff then yeah it fits the rules. nice mesh. what program are you using. Through the weapons season unstargate, we never seen them that large portion compared to the ship itself.

Comment

Originally posted by locutes View Post
                    how large are destroyers allowed to be. (in space)

for naval destroyers are usually around a 100 meters.
                    Mine is 400 meters long. too big?

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                      well welcome aboard. I guest those weapons can destroy stuff then yeah it fits the rules. nice mesh. what program are you using. Through the weapons season unstargate, we never seen them that large portion compared to the ship itself.
                      i'm using sketchup, and if a small ship wants to destroy big stuff, it needs big guns
                      sigpic

Spoiler:
                      Originally posted by IMDB
                      Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                      Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                        Mine is 400 meters long. too big?
                        Mine's about that, I’m creating my destroyer to look like my recent frigate design as after research both classes are very similar. The 304 is about 600-650m long, and I think the 304 is more of a heavy cruiser or will be as new ships are rolled out.

The role of the destroyer is to protect larger ships i.e. the carriers previously created. In navy terms they are described as fast, manoeuvrable, medium to light armour and well armed! So I personally think 350-500m is alright in comparison with the fighter carriers.

sigpic

Comment

It depends on the race to. Mine will probably round 600 to 800 meters. Wraith cruisers are 1000+ meters and so the size makes sense.

Comment

my ship is now about 460m long

www.darkarmada.nl
                            www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Mine's still the dimensions i mentioned at the top of the page, but I've scrapped the ST-920 hanger and replaced it with a hanger for a small secondary ship.

Spoiler:

Comment

Mines Is tiny lol heres what I have so far.

Spoiler:

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Working...
                                X