• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golf cart for travel around atlantis
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by titan_hq View Post
      I was thinking something along the lines of, fit all fighters with a small 'transporter'. All the mother ship has to do is send the matter stream (via subspace?) to the fighter, then the fighter can re-materialise it. lowering the amount of accuracy needed.
      Isnt that more or less the same? i mean, you still have to aim that matter stream to a moving target.

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

Originally posted by Character View Post
        Isnt that more or less the same? i mean, you still have to aim that matter stream to a moving target.
        I imagine it's easier if you have a locator beacon on the moving target.

Comment

Originally posted by Character View Post
          No it's completely different' by beaming weapon directly onto the fighters hard points you have to line them up to within 0.1mm, while your moving at .5C and they moving at 15,000kph+ in random directions. My way you only have to send the matter stream to the fighter, via subspace. at many times the speed to light, it would be nearly instant. then the fighter only has to re-materialise it onto itself which is easy in comparison.
          Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

Well i stil think its the same, as the beaming stream isnt a seaking missile, it doesnt matter much if your shooting at a person a km away normaly, or if hes wearindg a bright light. BUT, now that you mention it, the beaming matter stream does move nearly instanteniously, so i suppose this could work well. Just maybe more suited for a carrier as a regular warship probably wouldnt want to spare the significant power needed for such beaming, while in battle.

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

Originally posted by Tellaris View Post
              What those fighters really need is a weapon not so much ammo based to compliment the missiles. Why not steal some of those Wraith Dart cannons? Or those mounted staff weapons on goa'uld fighters.

The problem with the F-303 F-304's is their ammo based nature. Puddle jumpers and planetary defenses (Atlantis' chair) suffer from this to a lesser extent.

How about the R-100? Basically, its larger then the fighters. But it serves as a remote reload facility for the fighters and bombers. It would be designed to stay a relative distance away from the main battle, be shielded, and have some sort of defensive capacity against fighter raids, but basically serves to rearm, and even some minor repair to fighters in the field.
              This would remove reliance on the fighters to have a mother ship nearby to reload from, a vessel that to line up to, in the middle of battle, to receive and rearm those fighters, would be virtual suicide to a pilot. So a more maneuverable resupply ship would be a bit more desirable. Perhaps leaving it unarmed would make it less of a target, though more vulnerable. A ship such as that would likely require a lot of automation though...

thats not really a problem because we have the asgard beam wepons, and im sure we have tones of ammo for the railguns, afterall the wepons are the most inportant thing on a battlecruiser.

and as for this r-100, if it is shielded, how are the fighter supposed to get past the shield to rearm? and if you lower the shield to let them in it would then be vulnerable to attack. and this r-100 is exactly the same thing our 304s are,exept the 304s are better.

a more simple solution to our fighters need to rearm is to give them the x699 like that other guy seggested, then as long as their fuel dosent run out, they could fight indefinately. but a solution to the fuel problem is to put a matter converter on the ship, which could replinish the supply of fuel when it gets low. it might even be able to replinish their supply of missils.

or we could always use the asgard beaming technology, after all we can beam things out through the shield, but not in. so we just have the 304 beam fuel into the 302s tank and missils into their launchers.
              STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

prototype jumper that can travel through incoming worm holes and do it all cloaked along with its usual abilities. would give a great advantage and the possibilities for scouting and surprise attacks. it would make things more interesting or have that option made to a new enemy.
                Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Maybe equip the 302s with phantom vessel tech and pulse wave tech (the Ties that bind). Also we could mount 3 dart weapons on the nose of the ship making it a very effective fighter. We wouldn't have to use the missiles against fighters and can use it to attack the capital ship. Phantom vessels are ideal to scare the enemy and pulse weapons can disable darts.

Also a question: If a pulse wave would work on darts, would it disable their canopy forcefield?

Comment

ewll this is a vehicle thread, not a OSDT.

Me?
                    -simple buggy. add some sensors, ceramic polymer, and a plasma bazooka.

- artillery buggy. 2 seater, back compartiment has a Gaussgun. add ceramic polymer, sensors

-AA buggy. like artillery buggy. has a railgun instead of gaussgun, and fires fragmentation bullets, so its a rail-shotgun.

Comment

Railgun on a buggy, you got to be kidding me. If we use the 304 and Atlantis railguns on a buggy it would give a giant recoil. It wouldn't work on certain terrains.

Comment

ofcourse not those ridiculously large ones.

Comment

How about ships similar to, but not exactly the same as, those from Star Wars II or Starship troopers?

They were very militaristic. I was thinking specifically about the troop carriers from both and the portable guns from Star Wars. I'd love to see them all flying through the gate. obviously they'd neecd a new gate room.

Comment

imagine the visual effects of how gruesome it would be if we used the rail guns on enemy troops!
                            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
                              imagine the visual effects of how gruesome it would be if we used the rail guns on enemy troops!
                              Somehow seeing a Wraith explode as it gets hit by a rail-gun shell has always seemed faintly amusing to me. lol.
                              Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

Some small aerial vehicle with a grende launcher.

Attack wraith from above.

Comment

Working...
                                X