No announcement yet.

new vehicles you'd like to see.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or a ship with a giant Zat on the front. It would take out all ships in 3 shots.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
    Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
      Or a ship with a giant Zat on the front. It would take out all ships in 3 shots.
      Brilliant

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

Originally posted by Zalenka View Post
        Quickly, we've got to suggest new ideas!

A 305 that goes through the gate isn't a new idea but it may be a start.

Crazy Tom's idea of a space crane is outside the box and just what's needed.
        *facepalm* Even my suporters misunderstand me, I'm doomed.

Seriouslym that mini army I posted, it can do anything. I drew up teh scenarious you'll enounter in teh SG verse and went from there.

Friendly Orbit + Friendly Gate
        Friendly Orbit + Hostile Gate
        Hostile Orbit + Friendly Gate
        Hostile Orbit + Hostile Gate
        Neutral Obit +Friendly Gate
        Neutral Orbit + Hostiel Gate

Making an orbit "frinedly" means you having a ship up there. I like to make a separate comand vechicle in case the GCV get's overwhelmed.

Comment

After Iron Man came out, there were lots of articles about how the military (US military, at least, I don't know if anyone else is trying for it) has been trying to develop a powered exoskeleton. In one of the articles I read, a team had designed a functioning exosuit that used a reliable feedback system to allow a man to lift hundreds of pounds over his head without difficulty. The problem was that he had no mobile source of power.

With naquada reactors, trinium, and all the advanced technologies they've acquired, it wouldn't be SOOO outlandish to get some MI style mechs, which could circumvent the difficulty of getting heavy weapons through the limited diameter of the gate.

Comment

The US and Japan are developing it. One is for commercial use one is for military use.
            Visit my Website

Comment

they should mass produce the X699 on the f 302s
              sigpic

Comment

What those fighters really need is a weapon not so much ammo based to compliment the missiles. Why not steal some of those Wraith Dart cannons? Or those mounted staff weapons on goa'uld fighters.

The problem with the F-303 F-304's is their ammo based nature. Puddle jumpers and planetary defenses (Atlantis' chair) suffer from this to a lesser extent.

How about the R-100? Basically, its larger then the fighters. But it serves as a remote reload facility for the fighters and bombers. It would be designed to stay a relative distance away from the main battle, be shielded, and have some sort of defensive capacity against fighter raids, but basically serves to rearm, and even some minor repair to fighters in the field.
                This would remove reliance on the fighters to have a mother ship nearby to reload from, a vessel that to line up to, in the middle of battle, to receive and rearm those fighters, would be virtual suicide to a pilot. So a more maneuverable resupply ship would be a bit more desirable. Perhaps leaving it unarmed would make it less of a target, though more vulnerable. A ship such as that would likely require a lot of automation though...
                sigpic
                AG's youngest.

Comment

How about something similar to the Dreadnought in Warhammer 40K ? (but with railguns instead of flamethrowers)
                  http://www.danscottart.com/Images/Dreadnought.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Tellaris View Post
                    What those fighters really need is a weapon not so much ammo based to compliment the missiles. Why not steal some of those Wraith Dart cannons? Or those mounted staff weapons on goa'uld fighters.

The problem with the F-303 F-304's is their ammo based nature. Puddle jumpers and planetary defenses (Atlantis' chair) suffer from this to a lesser extent.

How about the R-100? Basically, its larger then the fighters. But it serves as a remote reload facility for the fighters and bombers. It would be designed to stay a relative distance away from the main battle, be shielded, and have some sort of defensive capacity against fighter raids, but basically serves to rearm, and even some minor repair to fighters in the field.
                    This would remove reliance on the fighters to have a mother ship nearby to reload from, a vessel that to line up to, in the middle of battle, to receive and rearm those fighters, would be virtual suicide to a pilot. So a more maneuverable resupply ship would be a bit more desirable. Perhaps leaving it unarmed would make it less of a target, though more vulnerable. A ship such as that would likely require a lot of automation though...
                    Well our fighters don't resupply in the middle of a battle because it's suicide. I don't think a resupply ship for the middle of a battle is a good idea tbh. Too much of a target, and if it's far enough away to be nearly immune to fighter attacks then it will take ages for our own fighters to get to it.

Due to the fact that our fighters are crazy manoeuvrable, and the pilot is immune to G-effects, I don't see why they couldn't re-supply with the mother ship in the battle. There is no reason why our fighters couldn't go from 15k to 0 is 2 seconds... is there?

Originally posted by Andru10 View Post
                    How about something similar to the Dreadnought in Warhammer 40K ? (but with railguns instead of flamethrowers)
                    http://www.danscottart.com/Images/Dreadnought.jpg
                    I'd keep the flame-throwers... toasty wraith.
                    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by titan_hq View Post
                      Due to the fact that our fighters are crazy manoeuvrable, and the pilot is immune to G-effects, I don't see why they couldn't re-supply with the mother ship in the battle. There is no reason why our fighters couldn't go from 15k to 0 is 2 seconds... is there?
                      Its probably kinda difficult to land on the mothership as i'd think it isnt standing still but rather dodging enemy fire too. Bu i do agree that a resuply ship would be to easy and valnureble a target.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

I also don't think a resupply ship is a good idea. Can't a 304 just beam ammo into the fighters ?

Comment

Originally posted by Andru10 View Post
                          I also don't think a resupply ship is a good idea. Can't a 304 just beam ammo into the fighters ?
                          urm...because... that's not a bad idea actually. For what I'm thinking it would require a bit of modification, but it could work.

sigpic

Comment

With asgard sensors, possibly, althoguh the accuracy required would be...significant

Comment

Originally posted by Character View Post
                              With asgard sensors, possibly, althoguh the accuracy required would be...significant
                              I was thinking something along the lines of, fit all fighters with a small 'transporter'. All the mother ship has to do is send the matter stream (via subspace?) to the fighter, then the fighter can re-materialise it. lowering the amount of accuracy needed.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by titan_hq View Post
                                I was thinking something along the lines of, fit all fighters with a small 'transporter'. All the mother ship has to do is send the matter stream (via subspace?) to the fighter, then the fighter can re-materialise it. lowering the amount of accuracy needed.
                                Isn't that basically a mini-Stargate ?

Comment

Working...
                                X