Most unexploited tech?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
    Your kidding right?! We own on the ground, its in space we have issues. Not now we got the unending stuff but go back a couple of seasons and in space we sucked. On the ground, we absolutely own. roughly 300 soldiers took down the entirety of the Goauld...when we deploy sufficent manpower there amount of damage we can do is huge. Take stronghold, they were able to take out a pretty sizable force of baal's soldiers. Against the replicators nobody was as effective as we were, nobody, even the ancients and the asgard couldnt do better against them. In all of stargates history it has been our ground troops which have been the supreme backbone of the tauri position in the galaxy. IF we committed our full service military. With SGC level equipment, we would have the largest and most effective ground force in the galaxy without fail. At no point have we been outgunned as it were. Our weapons have been proved to be better than jaffa and goauld (the warrior) the only reason we ever fail to take down whole armies is because there are usually only 4 people involved. When we use back up, the odds of us winning are very much increased go back to S2 when we stormed hathors place...

Our ground forces are our most exploited and biggest asset.
    You’re dead on, our ground forces are our biggest assets. They are only at a disadvantage when up against a bigger force or one with greater tech. I think the only reason why our space forces seem to have difficulty is lack of experience and tech. I mean we have amazingly well trained ground troops but our space fleet is still taking baby steps when you think about it. We have only had a credible space fleet for like 5 years or less but we have hundreds of years of ground war experience. With a few more years under our belt we will be kicking a$$ is space and on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Ackeb View Post
      You’re dead on, our ground forces are our biggest assets. They are only at a disadvantage when up against a bigger force or one with greater tech. I think the only reason why our space forces seem to have difficulty is lack of experience and tech. I mean we have amazingly well trained ground troops but our space fleet is still taking baby steps when you think about it. We have only had a credible space fleet for like 5 years or less but we have hundreds of years of ground war experience. With a few more years under our belt we will be kicking a$$ is space and on the ground.
      Damb right, that's why I previously mentioned the matter convertor tech.
      It used to be that there was only a limited amount of cash to spend, but matter convertors practically take cost out of the equation.

Comment

I think nearly every technology is unexploited. For example. Look at a Hatak, the free jaffa have a few knocking around, and you might well ask what we would want with a few of these when our 304s are superior and the Hatak is no longer very effective against things like Asgard ships, Ori ships, and now even Tauri ships.

However, if we offered to help out the free jaffa in some way, and thus borrow half a dozen Hataks (bearing in mind how useless they can be we should really be able to do this). Now once we have them, (upgrading them if necessary) fly them over to the pegasus galaxy and you have a team of ships that could quite easily destroy a number of Wraith Hive ships. Why? Simple, Hive ships dont have shields, Hataks do.

Likewise the puddle jumpers should do a good job of destroying Hataks.

The thing is because the shows rarely cross over and never in this way, the characters seem unable to think of it.

Comment

Thats why i was looking forward to Carter being in SGA, because she has all the knowledge of the tech used against the goauld and could really have helped put the wraith in thier place, but she was dumbed down in to managerial roles and her knowledge was wasted.
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

Yes I agree with you there. Every time there was anything scientific going on I was waiting for her to jump up and have an idea McKay could be jealous of but it just never really happened.

Along the same lines it would have been nice for someone to use a Zat on a Wraith, even if not done often, or even if Sam only mentioned it in passing, but instead we have to wait for Tealc to fight them in the SGC and then there are only three shots fired.

Comment

the zat
              period.
              And the meek shall inherit the earth...............but only after the last soldier wills it to them

Comment

Originally posted by Johannus View Post
                I think nearly every technology is unexploited. For example. Look at a Hatak, the free jaffa have a few knocking around, and you might well ask what we would want with a few of these when our 304s are superior and the Hatak is no longer very effective against things like Asgard ships, Ori ships, and now even Tauri ships.

However, if we offered to help out the free jaffa in some way, and thus borrow half a dozen Hataks (bearing in mind how useless they can be we should really be able to do this). Now once we have them, (upgrading them if necessary) fly them over to the pegasus galaxy and you have a team of ships that could quite easily destroy a number of Wraith Hive ships. Why? Simple, Hive ships dont have shields, Hataks do.

Likewise the puddle jumpers should do a good job of destroying Hataks.

The thing is because the shows rarely cross over and never in this way, the characters seem unable to think of it.
                Nice thinking, we could make their shields and hyperdrive engines SO much better like you said.
                With their standard shields they could probably only take a few shots from Wraith weapons, but with Asgard they'd be about as strong as 304's.
                I think that Goauld weapons could cause quite a bit of damage on Wraith ships.

Very nice idea

Comment

Inertial dampeners.

Interplanetary missiles
                  Reletivistic weapons
                  Ultra cheap orbital starflight (new york to tokyon in two hours)
                  Earthquake protection
                  Ultra high skyscrapers
                  Powered exosheletons
                  etc.

Comment

Super Solider armour, I mean, we have a few sets of it kicking around, why not figure out how to make more? Immune to pretty much any Energy weapon, and bullet/RPG proof.

Naquadah-Nukes. They are almost NEVER used. I mean a half dozen of them beamed onto the hull of a Hive should take it down easily.

Alkesh type ships. You know, Hyperspace capable, cloakable, and throw some missile tubes on one. Just sneak up on a enemy, and let a few nukes rip. They'd never see it coming. Make the best 305 ever.

Naquadah/Potassium. Rail gun shells made out of that would be easily be 50+ mega tonnes of explosive force. Now think 32 rail guns firing about 30 of those a minute

Naquadria: Make MarkIX's with that instead of Naquadah. That should prove interesting

Ori Satalite weapon: There's the one floating in space fully functional, but inactive.

Subspace energy gathering thing: They said it could gather more power than a ZPM given some time. I'm sure a few of those could power Atlantis's shields for a while (mind you, they haven't had a chance to make any yet, but they should =p)

Comment

Originally posted by Itzan View Post
                      Super Solider armour, I mean, we have a few sets of it kicking around, why not figure out how to make more? Immune to pretty much any Energy weapon, and bullet/RPG proof.

Naquadah-Nukes. They are almost NEVER used. I mean a half dozen of them beamed onto the hull of a Hive should take it down easily.

Alkesh type ships. You know, Hyperspace capable, cloakable, and throw some missile tubes on one. Just sneak up on a enemy, and let a few nukes rip. They'd never see it coming. Make the best 305 ever.

Naquadah/Potassium. Rail gun shells made out of that would be easily be 50+ mega tonnes of explosive force. Now think 32 rail guns firing about 30 of those a minute

Naquadria: Make MarkIX's with that instead of Naquadah. That should prove interesting

Ori Satalite weapon: There's the one floating in space fully functional, but inactive.

Subspace energy gathering thing: They said it could gather more power than a ZPM given some time. I'm sure a few of those could power Atlantis's shields for a while (mind you, they haven't had a chance to make any yet, but they should =p)

one: we dont know how far from the surface of the hull the dampning field extends

two: the mark IX does use naquadria
                      And the meek shall inherit the earth...............but only after the last soldier wills it to them

Comment

Originally posted by Itzan View Post

Super Soldier Armour was immune to radiation, wasn't it? So maybe some Sodan cloak...?

Alkesh Ships : add the beaming transporter. You would be able to destroy any ship without having to de-cloak. They will never knew what hit them....

Subspace Energy gathering device : make it overload and you have a planet-killer bomb. MWAHAHA
                        La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
                        L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

Here is some unexploited tech that isn't fancy or high powered or even alien.

A damn silencer on the weapons for the teams when they are on a wraith hive ship. You know every time they get on a hive ship they will eventually have to fire and give themselves away.

Comment

how about frangable rounds or even hollow pionts?
                            i mean how much energy does it really take to take down a wraith?

while a blood splatter may look cool any energy that a bullet has when it exits a target is asted energy. when fighting a wraith that means more rounds need to go down range.

Comment

How about those devices that detect cloaked people. Put one or two in the gate room to see if anyone tries to sneak in.

Personal cloaks are a tech that our enemies haven't exploited.

Comment

Well Nirrti did, and most didnt because they didnt have personal ones. The gould until season 3-4 (dont remember) didnt even have it on most of their ships.

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

Working...
                                X