No announcement yet.

SGC power generation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont fancy to go quote hunting. but the asgard's strongest alloy was naquahdah/trinium/carbon. and they used it for the oneill

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      i dont fancy to go quote hunting. but the asgard's strongest alloy was naquahdah/trinium/carbon. and they used it for the oneill
      I do believe you are correct, however, it was a mixture of those elements to create the alloy, hence it wasn't actually Naquadah used in the hull, Naquadah was merely a component of the final product used to make the O'neill. Good point thekillman.
      Meh.

Comment

goauld ships i mean.

besides, conduits, hyperdrive parts, shield parts, buffers and capacitors, the powergrid, the generator, and perhaps the blast doors would be made for naquahdah[or some alloys]

asgard do have naquahdah in their hull
        oh yeah ok, a race of super intelligent aliens places a highly volatile element on the OUTSIDE of their ship? The idea of making an Alloy of those three elements is to change the overall properties of them all, thats the cause of an alloy. In this case, trinium and carbon would, obviously, eliminate the volatility of naquadah, making the "strongest alloy".

hmmm. you see, most, if not ALL, those things you listed are internally located within the ship.

Blast doors; inside
        Conduits; inside mostly, some would be located near the shield emmiters and teleport relays
        Shield Parts; internal (hence the massive crystal stations, only the shield emmiters are outside the ship AND the shield generator (before you say it) is INSIDE ships, particularly Goa'uld ones, hence the MASSIVE structure Bra'tac and SG-1 throw a grenade into at the end of the first season or the start of the second on Apophis' ship))
        Powergrid; internal, again except for small parts.
        Buffers; internal in engines etc
        Generator; internal
        Blast Doors; Internal except for bay doors

=)

K_ot_W
        ....I'm gonna go eat some cake. =)

Comment

naquahdah has superconductive capabilities. thus perfect for such stuff. and i forgot to add trinium and naquahdah for railguns.

look, it needs to be in contact to continue the fissioning. wheras the energies of the fission will cause it to be isolated from the rest. thus no super explosion.
          and as far as we know, the conduits arent made of tubes fillled with blue jello

Comment

naquahdah has superconductive capabilities. thus perfect for such stuff. and i forgot to add trinium and naquahdah for railguns.

look, it needs to be in contact to continue the fissioning. wheras the energies of the fission will cause it to be isolated from the rest. thus no super explosion.
            and as far as we know, the conduits arent made of tubes fillled with blue jello
            ahh yes, but as far as YOU know, the conduits aren't made up of naquadah either. What would be the sense of using a material which has the POTENTIAL to cause such damage on the outside of the ship, when something else may be used to achieve the same results.

K_ot_W
            ....I'm gonna go eat some cake. =)

Comment

but that would require a process to turn it to weapons grade naquahdah. as far as we know, it can only explode when a naquahdah nuke is set off.

Comment

Originally posted by Automission View Post
                You know what always confused me? Naquahdah is a form of power and highly explosive. Yet they make ships out of it. Now surely any weapon fire on such a ship would of made it explode.
                I know there is some logic to it, but to me, its like making a fire truck out of gunpowder.
                So... according to your logic, if i shoot a gate with a staff its going to explode???
                asgard ships hulls are made of naquadah, trinium and another alloy i dont remember.
                The naquadah isnt weapons grade, you have to remember that there is many kinds of naquadah, weapons grade, unrefined, liquid.
                The naquadah in ships hulls isnt weapons grade.
                "FOR DISTANT WORLDS WE PLEDGE TO RESPECT"

Comment

Cheyenne mountain gets power from the Colorado springs power grid, but it also has backup generators. As for the sgc they probably are the same.
                  supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X