SGC power generation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
    naquahdah is essential in goauld based technology: rings for instance. and i can see it being used in the powergrid
    I'm sorry, what?

does the SGC have rings?
    what other goa'uld devices do we have that require an external naquadah power source???

K_ot_W
    ....I'm gonna go eat some cake. =)

Comment

no it hasnt. ships do have rings

Comment

Originally posted by striker7770 View Post
        but i thought in the episode with reese, the robot replicator girl. didn't general hammond and carter try to overload the generator to blow up the base
        No that was just the bases self destruct. ordinarilly they'd activate it from the control room but with the replicators swarming over the base they had to do it manually.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Knight_ofthe_Word View Post
          mmm you're right, trinium is used to make up the hull of the ship bit i also believe naquadah is used for power generation and the hyperdrive (well our old one anyway, before we got the asgard hyperdrives)

K_ot_W

actually naquadria was used for the hyperdrive. as for power generation its possible. we know they have them onboard b/c in ethon carter messes with one. it could be their powersource. but we dont know for sure.
          STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

@stargater1990:

ahh true that =)

good work

K_ot_W

Comment

You know what always confused me? Naquahdah is a form of power and highly explosive. Yet they make ships out of it. Now surely any weapon fire on such a ship would of made it explode.
              I know there is some logic to it, but to me, its like making a fire truck out of gunpowder.

Comment

Time to upgrade the sgc

Comment

Originally posted by Automission View Post
                  You know what always confused me? Naquahdah is a form of power and highly explosive. Yet they make ships out of it. Now surely any weapon fire on such a ship would of made it explode.
                  I know there is some logic to it, but to me, its like making a fire truck out of gunpowder.
                  My guess is they use depleted Naquadah

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                  Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

As already said in this Thread, by ME

Naquadah/naquadria is used for the hyperdrive and power generation, NOT to "build" the ship.

TRINIUM is used, an alloy found on a planet by SG-1 in an earlier season, the planet with the spirit guardians of the bird and wolf =)

K_ot_W

Comment

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
                      My guess is they use depleted Naquadah
                      Joke, right?
                      Meh.

Comment

well, they would use high quality naquahdah for weaponsgrade, and the rest for the ship itself.

Comment

well, they would use high quality naquahdah for weaponsgrade, and the rest for the ship itself.
                          yeah, then they will blow up the moment shields fail... as Knight_of the_Word said, Trinium is used for the ships hull. I do agree that Naquadah may be used in various components throughout the ship, but the hull is definetly not made from any form of Naquadah
                          Meh.

Comment

For the third time by me and the fourth time overall (thanks Jack_Bauer) the ship's hull is not made from any sort of naquadah! It's Trinium...

K_ot_W

Comment

goauld ships i mean.

besides, conduits, hyperdrive parts, shield parts, buffers and capacitors, the powergrid, the generator, and perhaps the blast doors would be made for naquahdah[or some alloys]

asgard do have naquahdah in their hull

Comment

Originally posted by Knight_ofthe_Word View Post
                                For the third time by me and the fourth time overall (thanks Jack_Bauer) the ship's hull is not made from any sort of naquadah! It's Trinium...

K_ot_W
                                Now, now, noone like a brown nose LOL

asgard do have naquahdah in their hull
                                Perhaps some evidence would sway Knight_ofthe_Word, he seems pretty determined....
                                Meh.

Comment

Working...
                                X