if they had the technology??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
    Who knows? The point is, you keep throwing in more scientists so that in the span of a few years in reality, they've had 100+ years to construct amazing new weapons. The Wraith wouldn't have been able to keep up with all the new weapons and ships.
    Over 100+ years, your little time-bubble colony will begin to wonder why exactly they must sweat for you. Over that time, they will get bored out of their skulls and start looking for non-work related stuff to entertain themselves with. For a start, everyone will sleep with everyone out of sheer nothing-else-to-do-for-fun-ness (it's not like they have TV, computer games, fiction literature or theater). Then they will raise three-four generations of kids who will be even more bored than the parents. Someone will invent the first Ancient Playstation simply to keep the little buggers from playing with the lab equipment (the first game will probably be a first-person Wraith shooter). Then someone will open the first Ancient McDonalds to give some variety to their diet (I imagine hamburgers will be like nectar and ambrosia to a bunch of geeks living off computer-generated food that tastes of machine oil because the matter converter had a leak again). By the time when the time dilation field is scheduled to be lifted, a bunch of overweight, attention deficit-suffering lazy bums will greet the rest of the Ancients with banners saying "no research without representation", a big statue with a spiky crown on its head and a weird striped flag.

There is also a possibility that a Wraith cruiser shows up and causes a delay of a couple of days in lifting the time dilation field. In which case the colony will get a few more millions of years to degenerate into Wraith-eating cavemen.
    If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

i dont think it would be alot of fun, would it? just make a replicator, and tell him to devise a way to kill all wraith

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
        i dont think it would be alot of fun, would it? just make a replicator, and tell him to devise a way to kill all wraith
        And then you can start devising a way to destroy that Replicator.
        If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
          they tried. when they left atlantis for earth there were proboly only maybe a couple hundred left. it would be like trying to win the alamo. it was impossible. all they could do was return home with the hope that one day their kind may once return. they werent military experts they were scientists they did the best they could do.
          Overload the ZPMs and blow up Atlantis and the whole Wraith fleet (and maybe half the solar system). If I was them, I would even have left some dormant Aurora on solar systems close to Lantia and hit them from the back.

While the Wraith are trying to rebuild their society, put a bounty on their head. 100 guys like Ronon on their tail and it's over.

You want to do it rougher? Lure the Wraith in a solar system and blow up the sun. Carter did it, for God's sake! Wether the natives be killed by the Wraith or the Supernova, they will still be dead so no hard feeling.

At some point, the Wraith will stop coming in large group and prefer guerilla-like strategy. The Ancient had problem with them being too numerous, problem solved. Now they are on par.
          La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
          L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

Originally posted by lord groovy View Post
            Overload the ZPMs and blow up Atlantis and the whole Wraith fleet (and maybe half the solar system). If I was them, I would even have left some dormant Aurora on solar systems close to Lantia and hit them from the back.

While the Wraith are trying to rebuild their society, put a bounty on their head. 100 guys like Ronon on their tail and it's over.

You want to do it rougher? Lure the Wraith in a solar system and blow up the sun. Carter did it, for God's sake! Wether the natives be killed by the Wraith or the Supernova, they will still be dead so no hard feeling.

At some point, the Wraith will stop coming in large group and prefer guerilla-like strategy. The Ancient had problem with them being too numerous, problem solved. Now they are on par.

i dont think you understand just how resiliant the wraith are. i mean all of the wraith werent sieging atlantis and if even any number of them survived they could clone a new army and grow a bunch of more ships.
            STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

sounds like a good idea in theory, but it would probably be much different in practice.
              Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X