if they had the technology??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
    ok answer this question how exactly do you think the asgard get their food? do they look like farmers to you? what carter actually said was " with some slight modifications to the asgard beaming technology we have a matter converter that can manufacture anything we need, food water oxygen." that means that their beaming technology wasnt origionally setup to do that but she could have figured it out by watching thor make stuff or by looking through the core and finding it. i seriously doubt that the asgards didint have technology like this.
    No that doesn't mean that at all. It means that beaming technology can be modified into a matter converter. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm not saying they don't have the know-how, they probably did, I'm just being stubborn because there was no proof they had it before (minus "New Order" which I'll watch when I get a free hour). And if everything was installed on the Odyssey for Earth, then why did Sam have to modify it at all? Shouldn't it have already been there?
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
      No that doesn't mean that at all. It means that beaming technology can be modified into a matter converter. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm not saying they don't have the know-how, they probably did, I'm just being stubborn because there was no proof they had it before (minus "New Order" which I'll watch when I get a free hour). And if everything was installed on the Odyssey for Earth, then why did Sam have to modify it at all? Shouldn't it have already been there?

maybe its one of those either use the shield or the cloak things. they cant both be used concurently. so if you want to beam someone then you have to change it back. i mean she only said a slight modification. and if you remember the last time they used the beaming tech they beamed the crew off. for all we know thor showed it to carter then changed it back to beam off.
      STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

maybe its one of those either use the shield or the cloak things. they cant both be used concurently. so if you want to beam someone then you have to change it back. i mean she only said a slight modification. and if you remember the last time they used the beaming tech they beamed the crew off. for all we know thor showed it to carter then changed it back to beam off.
        And for all we know (which is what we actually know from the episode), he didn't.
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Ancients were space hippies who ran fled the ori rather than fight, same thing for the wraith. Good thing for us we enjoy killing our enemies.

Comment

it was a slight mod. and you honestly dont think the asgard came up with it themselves?
            like said, new order does show it.

Comment

BTW concerning the TDF in stargate atlantis, it was in the open. It seemed to me that 1 hour was equal to 1month but I am not really sure.

So 1 sunny day represented 1 sunny complete year (24/7 without any night). Shouldn't the interior of the field be closer to the Sahara than to Canadian forests? and don't forget the usual psychological and biological problem due to the constant exposure to the light.

If someone use the TDF, he should think about how to solve that matter.
              La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
              L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                Ancients were space hippies who ran fled the ori rather than fight, same thing for the wraith. Good thing for us we enjoy killing our enemies.
                The Ancients may have been 'Space Hippies' but they certainly couldn't be considered cowards. They didn't want to fight there brothers over there idealogical differences when they presented with a smarter more peaceful option, Especially that from what we can gather and from what we know they were fewer in number to the ORI and not as aggresive.

You also can't say the same thing about the Wraith they fought against them for 100 years when the Wraith were at there peak I seriosly doubt even with the Asgard beams that we could hold on that long and probably not even for a year if there clone facilities were working, The only reason they lost was because they are not militarialisitic and haven't got the tactical way of thinking that we do, Yet it was still an impressive feat holding on in a war for that long even with superior technology.
                if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

Originally posted by a6346 View Post
                  The Ancients may have been 'Space Hippies' but they certainly couldn't be considered cowards. They didn't want to fight there brothers over there idealogical differences when they presented with a smarter more peaceful option, Especially that from what we can gather and from what we know they were fewer in number to the ORI and not as aggresive.

You also can't say the same thing about the Wraith they fought against them for 100 years when the Wraith were at there peak I seriosly doubt even with the Asgard beams that we could hold on that long and probably not even for a year if there clone facilities were working, The only reason they lost was because they are not militarialisitic and haven't got the tactical way of thinking that we do, Yet it was still an impressive feat holding on in a war for that long even with superior technology.

The Lanteans could have literally liquified every living being in the galaxy except themselves if they had wanted to. Like they did in the MW. With Wraith having organiz technology this would have been a easy win, nothing would have been left of their enemies. Frankly id rather be dead than being a human living under wraith cullings for 10,000 years. Watching ur parents or CHILDREN eaten in a most horrible way by aliens. Screw that.

At the very least they could have simply left the replicators to do their jobs. Maybe add in a 'dont kill human worlds' clause to the 'dont kill ancients' law.

Theyre a great race and did alot of spiffy things, but they were still cowards. They should wiped out the wraith before going home to MW.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                    The Lanteans could have literally liquified every living being in the galaxy except themselves if they had wanted to. Like they did in the MW. With Wraith having organiz technology this would have been a easy win, nothing would have been left of their enemies. Frankly id rather be dead than being a human living under wraith cullings for 10,000 years. Watching ur parents or CHILDREN eaten in a most horrible way by aliens. Screw that.

At the very least they could have simply left the replicators to do their jobs. Maybe add in a 'dont kill human worlds' clause to the 'dont kill ancients' law.

Theyre a great race and did alot of spiffy things, but they were still cowards. They should wiped out the wraith before going home to MW.

they tried. when they left atlantis for earth there were proboly only maybe a couple hundred left. it would be like trying to win the alamo. it was impossible. all they could do was return home with the hope that one day their kind may once return. they werent military experts they were scientists they did the best they could do.
                    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

we know they had some form of matter conversion technology, b/c merlin used it to make the sangral. they could have used some of that tech
                      To make something, you need to make it OUT of something. A matter converter needs something to convert, a ZPM factory needs something to make ZPMs out of.
                      If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

if the aincents had the technology to create a time dialation field(epiphany, atlantis) then why didint they time dialate a ship building facility and build an armada to destroy the wraith.

or better yet time dialate a reaserch facility and put a few volenteeres inside to try and create some type of advanced wepon that could anialate the wraith once and for all. i mean sure they had drones but the aincents were a smart bunch and i have no doubt that if they put their mind to it they could make something even better.
                        put a few volenteers in a time dilation bubble??
                        theres no logic in that , if you make time go faster in there they will die quicker, so ergo, no more volenteers, and if you slow time down then that wouldnt help......
                        "FOR DISTANT WORLDS WE PLEDGE TO RESPECT"

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                          Narius: Journal Entry 1

The morale dude says we all ought to keep journals, says it relieves stress, i told him that that pouring hot sauce into Raya's soup at dinner does this better (up untill she bet the crap out 'o me).

But he still said I had to.

It's really not fair I didn't get to be captain, I bet janus starts his journals with "Captain's Starlog, Stardate XXX"... Aww finaly, I can stop wrighting, dinners' readdy. Hope it wasn't Carzon cooking again, last time the matter convered overloaded when we tried to use the bathroom.
                          man, i laughed my ass off when i saw this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Daniel Jackson View Post
                            put a few volenteers in a time dilation bubble??
                            theres no logic in that , if you make time go faster in there they will die quicker, so ergo, no more volenteers, and if you slow time down then that wouldnt help......
                            the theory was that you put some volenteeres into a reasearch facility and they develop technology to win the war. their in the time dialation field so that they would develope the technology in i blink of an eye. then they deactivate it and use the amazing technology developed over maybe 10 or 20 years and win the war. you never know after fighting a war for so long some people might be wiling to live awhile inside a time bubble while still helping the war effort. i mean they wouldnt loose those years of their lives just spend them helping their people.
                            STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

the theory was that you put some volenteeres into a reasearch facility and they develop technology to win the war. their in the time dialation field so that they would develope the technology in i blink of an eye. then they deactivate it and use the amazing technology developed over maybe 10 or 20 years and win the war. you never know after fighting a war for so long some people might be wiling to live awhile inside a time bubble while still helping the war effort. i mean they wouldnt loose those years of their lives just spend them helping their people.
                              oh, you sure theyd do it in 10 or 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Daniel Jackson View Post
                                oh, you sure theyd do it in 10 or 20 years.
                                Who knows? The point is, you keep throwing in more scientists so that in the span of a few years in reality, they've had 100+ years to construct amazing new weapons. The Wraith wouldn't have been able to keep up with all the new weapons and ships.

Comment

Working...
                                X