stargate power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No.

What about that episode where Teal'c is stuck in the gate's buffer and Carter hooks up the Russian's DHD to their gate, carter and siler just wrap electrical wiring around the gate, showing that it has something to do with DIRECT contact to transfer power from the DHD to the Gate, nothing to do with "ionising the air". pfftsha.

Since we were doing the wiring it looked spartan but i guess the Ancient's did it UNDER the ground, like s09119 said.

K_ot_W
    ....I'm gonna go eat some cake. =)

Comment

my idea wasnt stupid. and why didnt we see any wiring then?

Comment

Like I and s09119 said, because it was UNDER the ground.

and yeah, it kinda was, because you would never be able to back that up. Unless you can throw a transcript at me?

K_ot_W

Comment

Originally posted by Knight_ofthe_Word View Post
          Like I and s09119 said, because it was UNDER the ground.

and yeah, it kinda was, because you would never be able to back that up. Unless you can throw a transcript at me?

K_ot_W
          ...actually, I was joking when I suggested that, to be honest...
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

well thats relatively awkward, but still, rethink it.

what else could there be?

Knight

Comment

Magnets

Also.. Spacegates have three extra boxes attached to them.. probebly powersource in one of them

Comment

off the grind spoiler
                Spoiler:
                look no wiring
                supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

no wiring at all. and my solution would work, and be invisible. so total uber logic

Comment

supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

OMG.

"Ionising the air"?

how is that more logical that underground wiring?
                      i have to laugh how i give you all this evidence which you totally ignore and then throw stuff like that in!

@supersoldier,

what does that picture show? =S

Knight

Comment

ehhm. maybe no underground wiring?

oh and i change my idea. use radiation only to power the gate. and no, it wouldnt kill you.

and we never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever saw a DHD wired through a gate, under normal circumstances. and BTW, the red DHD crystal was interfaced with the gate.

Comment

You STILL have not actually given me evidence except "there was none" well congratulations! you've succeeded in nothing. Throw a FACT at me and then maybe i'll take your idea seriously.

The episode where Teal'c is stuck in the buffer and Carter connects the DHD IS normal circumstances when it comes to DHD wiring (or connection) the only difference is that she takes out the control crystal. In that circumstance she wires the gate with cables around the bottom, who's to say this isn't the same on all gates? Just that it is UNDER the ground and connected to the gate under the steps which they all seem to sit on.

Knight

Comment

eehm. baal beams up gates and DHD's. right? in that eppy, have you ever seen one DHD connect to a gate phisically?

Comment

that picture is where the DHD was located. As you can clearly see their is no underground wiring.
                              supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

Hey guys I'm gonna throw some ideas into the mix.

1. Maybe the gate and DHD are linked by an induction process that requires no actual contact just a relatively close proximity. Kind of like an electric toothbrush charger or the inside of a good kettle.

2. How about the way that Cassy opens the gate at the end of 1969? It opens without a cawoosh the same way that Thor had done one time.

3. I think the power in the DHD's is finite because the DHD found in antarctica was depleted. (Led them to believe that it was one of the first gates.)

Thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                                X