Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That makes sense:
    Guy1: NOO!!! The Wraith are after Me!

Guy2: Shouldn't we run our guns don't deal much damage...
    Look the Wraith is nearly upon us!

Guy3: [pulls out zat and shoots Wraith three times] What Wraith?
    You see my point?
    Originally posted by Craig Charles
    "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

Comment

thanks, like i said i wasn't to sure. but what someone said did jog something i heard, they did wanna keep zats out to keep atlantis to itself.

still unless the wraith who got shot disintegrated it wouldnt have the same affect on goauld jaffa and ppl. 1shot stun 2nd shot kill 3rd shot disintegrate.

Comment

The 3rd shot disintegrates thing has been retconned, we'll never see this feature again.

And as for the coming through the gate cold thing;

Originally posted by Red Sky
        DANIEL
        (getting up and taking off his hat)
        Okay, What was that?

O'NEILL
        Carter?

CARTER
        (sighs)
        I don't know, sir. Margin of error in calculating planetary shift used to cause the rough ride, but we fixed it.
        Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
          I don't think they brought any Zats with them to Atlantis, just because the producers wanted to keep the shows separate; even if Zats would have been a huge advantage. They did use a Taser once or twice I think, on Caldwell; which I thought was a poor excuse for a Zat...
          They used tasers in Suspicion when they were catching steve.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by padr49904 View Post
            They used tasers in Suspicion when they were catching steve.
            Taesers and Zats aren't quite the same

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
              Taesers and Zats aren't quite the same
              I was basing my comment on the post about they have used tasers once or twice. Maybe you need to read all of the post and not just part of it.
              sigpic

Comment

I didn't think they used teazers on Steve, Didn't they use it on a grunt but it didn't work properly and he blew himself up. Im pretty sure Teyla captured Steve by beating the living crap outa him with sticks.

Zats are to teasers what Lightsabres are to cricket bats.
                if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

Am I the only one thinking about Midway? Teal'c did serious damage with his zat, without even breaking a sweat.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                    The 3rd shot disintegrates thing has been retconned, we'll never see this feature again.

And as for the coming through the gate cold thing;

Originally Posted by Red Sky
                    DANIEL
                    (getting up and taking off his hat)
                    Okay, What was that?

O'NEILL
                    Carter?

CARTER
                    (sighs)
                    I don't know, sir. Margin of error in calculating planetary shift used to cause the rough ride, but we fixed it.
                    See thats cool thats facts i can deal with to handle my own errors. where did u get that quote from?

Comment

Originally posted by x303 View Post
                      See thats cool thats facts i can deal with to handle my own errors. where did u get that quote from?
                      Transcript from season 5's "Red Sky" which I got from solutions, it has all the SG1 transcripts (something GW lacks).

Comment

alright i know this is a dead thread but i was watching an old episode (Season 1 finale)

and we know the gate has near instantaneous travel. 0.3 as we found out when alternate SG1s started turning up in our universe.

however here

O'NEILL
                        All right, MALP's on its way.

CARTER
                        Should reach its destination in 3…2…1.

you could put that down to our dialling computer but i doubt that controls how fast things travel through a wormhole or how the gate transfers matter. i kno they came out cold once coz the dialling computer didnt correctly calculate the distance.

also they blew up a gate with regular C4 because the gate was built of naquadah. but we know it needs a heavy blow from a gate buster bomb or being thrown into the sun to be detroyed!

CARTER
                        The naquadah in the 'gate will magnify the explosion.

Comment

As far as the C4 on the gate is concerned, if you watch SG-1 all the way through, the gates get tougher with every season - except I think this is sort of on purpose. In the film (not entirely canon, I know, but stay with me) I believe it was said the Stargate would be dismantled once they got back to Earth.

It wasn't, hence Children of the Gods and the whole SG-1 series. I'm betting it proved literally too hard to dismantled, so they settled for storage.

I think it's been sort of retconned - something as old as a Stargate staying functional for thousands, sometimes millions of years means it either has a self-repair function, a protective shield, or it's just damned tough. I think it helps to highlight how naive the SGC were at the beginning, and how much they've developed by the end of the series.
                          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

yeah see this was my point, in season 1 and to some of the later seasons of any show like stargate u've got to let some things go after many other season have passed coz it takes time for the show to set and have that base and foundation of story world. i get annoyed when people start speculatng and bringing up a minor irrelevant fact up from way back and then claim stargate/the episode was rubbish coz of it.

if they mess up on big things like a wormhole being a 2 way street that wud b a big mess up.

i just wanted to highlight this fact in hoped to chill some people out coz they go a bit beyond regular discussion and starts hating. they act like its a religion.

Comment

stargates are tough because of some kind of tampered supernaquahdah. most likely processed to handle massive amounts of energy, thats why [some] nukes barely damage stargates. pegasus gates only seem to have nessecary amounts of naquahdah, making them less tough

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                                stargates are tough because of some kind of tampered supernaquahdah. most likely processed to handle massive amounts of energy, thats why [some] nukes barely damage stargates. pegasus gates only seem to have nessecary amounts of naquahdah, making them less tough
                                is that speculation on the difference between pegasus and MW gates?

i think theres only 1 "nuke" we've created so far that can bust a gate.

Comment

Working...
                                X