Apollo has four F-302 bays??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
    I don't believe he was being a jackass, I believe its you who has been miss informed...if you even want to call it that.

For 1.)
    umm...no

for 2.)
    Read my previous post. The smaller bays are too small to fit a 302 in them.

For 3.)

These?
    Spoiler:

You might have the neck part mixed up with the Prometheus.

Do you even watch the show? lol
    besides, that mag is full of BS

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
    Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by bar View Post
      When the Prometheus was first seen on the show, it was said in an interview to be about the same length as a contemporary aircraft carrier(Which would have made sense with the fact that is was built by modern military, albeit with some alien tech "duct-taped" onto it... )
      And remember how lousy the Prometheus was when it was first seen? Hardly anything worked right until the Asgard helped out.
      Based on the size of 302s, here is my own scale comparison:

Spoiler:

holy crap how did you build that its... its... beautiful but i do think the prommie is even smaller look at the bridges the promies is way bigger ot could hold like 40 people while the deadalus seems to only hold 10
      i dont know a bad comparison of my own
      SUCK IT P90

hes shooting bunnies so cute give him a G36 and he'll be shooting bears

Comment

Originally posted by LTCOLHOMER View Post
        holy crap how did you build that its... its... beautiful but i do think the prommie is even smaller look at the bridges the promies is way bigger ot could hold like 40 people while the deadalus seems to only hold 10
        i dont know a bad comparison of my own
        I think bar has the scale dead on, and I am astounded at the detail of the prommie. Are they resin?

Maybe the Daedelus is just a more efficient design. Instead of wasting precious space on having wide open corridors and bridges, the Daedelus has more room for impotant stuff such as weapons, shields and fighters. Also it has a large bomb bay which the prommie seemed to lack.
        aka paddytehpyro

Comment

Originally posted by pyrodude View Post
          I think bar has the scale dead on, and I am astounded at the detail of the prommie. Are they resin?

Maybe the Daedelus is just a more efficient design. Instead of wasting precious space on having wide open corridors and bridges, the Daedelus has more room for impotant stuff such as weapons, shields and fighters. Also it has a large bomb bay which the prommie seemed to lack.
          now that you say that i agree and the detail is phenomenal how did you do it is it a kit or something
          SUCK IT P90

Comment

they have a wide array of plotholes stored there

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys. I don't want to thread jack.
              Few people even realise just how big Daedalus/Odyssey/Apollo, etc are supposed to be...
              Those ships are huge, and when you think in Star Trek terms, they are capable of so very much more(Speed-wise and weaponry wise...)
              The Daedalus(Which i mastered), is a kit you can buy(It's out of stock right now, but more are on their way), and the Prometheus is being cast as we speak.
              I am also working on some of my own designs based on Asgard/Tau'Ri hybrid design cues.
              I don't want to derail the thread though.
              If anyone wants to see those ones, i can post them inside spoiler boxes.
              Bar.
              e-mail(And msn messenger): [email protected]

Gravity can bind my feet, but it can never bind my imagination...

Comment

Few people even realise just how big Daedalus/Odyssey/Apollo, etc are supposed to be...
                Those ships are huge, and when you think in Star Trek terms, they are capable of so very much more(Speed-wise and weaponry wise...)
                The Daedalus(Which i mastered), is a kit you can buy(It's out of stock right now, but more are on their way), and the Prometheus is being cast as we speak.
                I am also working on some of my own designs based on Asgard/Tau'Ri hybrid design cues.
                Bar.
                damn nice but if you look at the deadalus compared to the pimped enterprise the hull plates i always thought were human size but when you compare them to the enterprise those hull plates are massive. and i do believe the enterprise is a weee bigger cuz well the deadalus looks like a block of solid war material and enterprise so sleek and awsome. send ling to where to buy and does it really come in just those peices cuz if it does thats awsome sry continue with subject of thread
                SUCK IT P90

Comment

damn nice but if you look at the deadalus compared to the pimped enterprise the hull plates i always thought were human size but when you compare them to the enterprise those hull plates are massive. and i do believe the enterprise is a weee bigger cuz well the deadalus looks like a block of solid war material and enterprise so sleek and awsome. send ling to where to buy and does it really come in just those peices cuz if it does thats awsome sry continue with subject of thread
                  That's the size of the Daedalus compared to the Ent-E...
                  Seriously. The Daedalus is 580 metres long. And the Ent-E is approximately 650 metres long.
                  And as for the apprent discontinuity of the hull panelling, the ablative hull panels are not single panels, but huge groups of smaller panels to protect sensitive areas when the shields go down.
                  The link to order a copy is in the link i sent above. If you follow it, you will see a "Pre-order" tab on the page with the parts.

And if you guys want to see the AWESOME build a friend of mine did with his copy, follow this link...
                  http://www.raytheonmodels.com/wipsalx304.html
                  Bar.

Comment

That's the size of the Daedalus compared to the Ent-E...
                    Seriously. The Daedalus is 580 metres long. And the Ent-E is approximately 650 metres long.
                    And as for the apprent discontinuity of the hull panelling, the ablative hull panels are not single panels, but huge groups of smaller panels to protect sensitive areas when the shields go down.
                    The link to order a copy is in the link i sent above. If you follow it, you will see a "Pre-order" tab on the page with the parts.
                    Bar.
                    only 650 dang well thanks bar much aprreciated i might be able to actually finish a model other than lego pfff...

i cant see any of the pics on the awsome build thing page
                    SUCK IT P90

Comment

only 650 dang well thanks bar much aprreciated i might be able to actually finish a model other than lego pfff...

i cant see any of the pics on the awsome build thing page
                      His final gallery is here, but the previous link works for me...

Comment

How large are the 'secondary' fighter bays? They look barely large enough for a 302 to fit in there. If they are that small I would have thought that they would be used for take-off as it would be to risky to try and land in such a confined space. However I don't think that they have ever been shown in use.

Maybe two fighters could be placed in each to decrease the time it takes to launch all available fighters but then why haven't we seen so?

Thank you bar for the links and such. Also the pic showing the 304 next to the Enterprise-E(?). Really gives a sense of scale, well if youve seen Star Trek any way.
                        aka paddytehpyro

Comment

Bar.
                          Cool, I am so gonna get myself a Daedalus and Prometheus kit ASAP.

Yeah, The Daedalus is so much more advanced than anything from star trek.

Originally posted by pyrodude View Post
                          How large are the 'secondary' fighter bays? They look barely large enough for a 302 to fit in there. If they are that small I would have thought that they would be used for take-off as it would be to risky to try and land in such a confined space. However I don't think that they have ever been shown in use.

Maybe two fighters could be placed in each to decrease the time it takes to launch all available fighters but then why haven't we seen so?

Thank you bar for the links and such. Also the pic showing the 304 next to the Enterprise-E(?). Really gives a sense of scale, well if youve seen Star Trek any way.
                          You could land in those bays if you had a computer guiding you in.

Yep, the 304 is a big ship. I'd love to see one go head to head against the Enterprise-E.
                          Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by titan_hq View Post
                            Yep, the 304 is a big ship. I'd love to see one go head to head against the Enterprise-E.
                            It would be a short fight. The Ent-E doesn't even have glass windows...

Comment

It would be a short fight. The Ent-E doesn't even have glass windows...
                              the deadalus would win easy take a few faser hits to the shields and a few quantum torpedos. then the deadalus fires off about 10 nuclear missles the fasers would be overwelmed trying to deflect them then fire the asgard beams to take down the shields completely then fire all rail guns into the hull creating hull breaches everywhere where they surrender or the deadalus fires an asgard beam into the bridge disableing it then fire rail guns at naceles so it cant get away or it explodes
                              SUCK IT P90

Comment

I've always wondered how well the Enterprise's shields would stand up to Rail-Guns. I don't think they would last very long somehow. I mean, they use the deflector to get rid of space-debris so it makes sense that they can't take too much damage from kinetic energy weapons.

It's Phaser not faser
                                Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X