No announcement yet.

Anubis's Supership V The Ori

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is getting nowhere none of us are going to change our views on this matter. The best we could hope for is that someone asks joe these questions and I am not even sure he would answer them because he wouldnt know how.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pbutter View Post
      I still do. Shield color does matter, and i've posted a number of screenshots indicating blue-white shields offer better protection then yellow-orange shields, to prove my point.
      And Jonos was lying or misinformed, i found the post he was referring (and i posted the link) to on JoeM's blog, and it is left unanswered. And i don't know if the other guy is lying or not (I dont' even remember who, or where it was posted), however, i do remember a big thread on this very subject a long time ago, and if i recall correctly, most supported the shield color = strength theory.
      actully, the post you found (i mean the one you posted a link to in the ori vs asuran thread) was a newish one posted by PG15 on behalf of S09119, which is not the one i was referring to, the one i was referring to was 1 or 2 years older.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
      Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
        actully, the post you found (i mean the one you posted a link to in the ori vs asuran thread) was a newish one posted by PG15 on behalf of S09119, which is not the one i was referring to, the one i was referring to was 1 or 2 years older.
        The post i was talking about was around season 2 of Atlantis, when it aired.
        Most were in agreement of the shield color = strength theory, perhaps because this was before we ever saw the Aurora and its shields color, so most Ancient fans were in agreement. Another big debate was how the Wraith Hive and Cruiser weapons changed from The Seige to later much powerful weapons seen in The Hive, without any explanation.

Also, having shield color purely for aesthetics makes little to no sense. I mean, why else would all the later Asgard and Earth ships have blue shields and the earlier Bliskener and 303 have orange-yellow shields and are less powerful then the next generation of vessels...
        Last edited by pbutter; 22 May 2008, 09:39 AM.

Comment

So let me get this straight a Bliskener has orange shields but a hatak cant do anything to it. Then anubis comes around upsgrades his orange shields to stronger orange shields and is able to down one but then a normal hatak is still able to compete to some degree against his hataks. If his shields were superior there should have been no way he could have lost. I think the writers made the shield color for just pretty special effects and thats it.
          sigpic

Comment

I see no other explanation for the 304 and newer Asgard ships to have blue colored shields, other then an indication of them being more advanced. Why don't the new Hatak's have blue-green or different colored shields if it's just for aesthetics.
            And who say's a Hatak can't do anything. If there are 10 Hatak's against a single Bliskner then that Hatak is most likely going to win.

Comment

I see no other explanation for the 304 and newer Asgard ships to have blue colored shields, other then an indication of them being more advanced. Why don't the new Hatak's have blue-green or different colored shields if it's just for aesthetics.
              Because it had already been established in the show that they had orange shields.

I also recall in the supervolcano episode (can't remember what it's called) that the Orion had white-blue shields, similar to those seen on the 304s and O'Neill class.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby View Post
                Ok so you know how Anubis had that really strong ship in the last episode of season 6 and the first 2 episode of season 7. Well anyway he had that awersome weapon on it that could destroy hatak ships with one shot and could hit more than one of them at once (near the end of of the episode Full Circle). Well i was wondering what that would be like agaisnt the Ori ships because they could also do that.

I reckon it could take on the Ori ships but i dont know if it could beat them. At least give them a run for there money.

Please give me your ideas.
                no it wouldn't work.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Originally posted by Gate-builder View Post
                  Because it had already been established in the show that they had orange shields.

I also recall in the supervolcano episode (can't remember what it's called) that the Orion had white-blue shields, similar to those seen on the 304s and O'Neill class.
                  It that was true, then why were the shields of the Daedalus changed from blue to white after McKay's upgrade. Why change something already established ?
                  And the Orion never had blue-white shields, never. It just seemed so because of the blast from the volcano.

Comment

Im going to give my last example on reckoning the replicators take over several hataks now we know that they are able to increase the capability of the ships systems. Example three infected asgard ships can take on 5 and win and turning a goauld interstellar hyperdrive into a intergalatic in a matter of seconds. Now since they have the ability to do that and I am sure they increased the hataks above normal capability why would they still have orange shields if they are stronger than the other?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Smallz View Post
                      why would they still have orange shields if they are stronger than the other?
                      Because thats the color in the generator

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Originally posted by Smallz View Post
                        Im going to give my last example on reckoning the replicators take over several hataks now we know that they are able to increase the capability of the ships systems. Example three infected asgard ships can take on 5 and win and turning a goauld interstellar hyperdrive into a intergalatic in a matter of seconds. Now since they have the ability to do that and I am sure they increased the hataks above normal capability why would they still have orange shields if they are stronger than the other?
                        Thats because the Replicators modify the existing technologies (like adding more power to the shields), not add new ones.

Comment

But if a shield becomes stronger shouldnt it change color to reflect that?
                          sigpic

Comment

Those Hatak shields never got stronger, they just got more power to sustain.

Comment

Those Hatak shields never got stronger, they just got more power to sustain.
                              and your theory is based off what? your own opinion?

Comment

The MW Replicators made the shields stronger on those Ha'taks.

They enchanced existing tech, but did not create completely new shield techonology out of scratch.

It is like increasing the horsepower of a Toyota corolla engine from 100 to 150. Instead of creating a Ferrari engine with 500 horsepower.

Comment

Working...
                                X