More contries need ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DavidTheGaul View Post
    I believe France would react the same way as UK.

>spreading the construction> based on the Airbus mod, would be a good solution for European states
    Obviously im no political expert but as far as i know the only 2 countries which im sure wouldnt have a problem with 1 ship in between them was Australia and New Zealand as both countries are extremely close and even though we Australians do love the Kiwi jokes they are easily our most trusted ally.

Comment

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
      Obviously im no political expert but as far as i know the only 2 countries which im sure wouldnt have a problem with 1 ship in between them was Australia and New Zealand as both countries are extremely close and even though we Australians do love the Kiwi jokes they are easily our most trusted ally.
      don't you guys share an army or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Kebab Gud View Post
        don't you guys share an army or something?
        We used to actually. Back in WW1 the British leaders put the Australian and New Zealand soldiers into the same devisions and they became known as ANZACs (Australian New Zealand Army Corps). Even though our Armies have been seperated for a long time ANZAC Day (which is a remembrance day) is still very important to both Australia and New Zealand citizens.

As far as i know Australia and New Zealand have one of the best military relationships out of any two countries in the entire world.

Comment

While I'd love to see the 303 design resurrected, and especially UK 303s, wouldn't it make more sense to mass produce the existing, more successful design, i.e. 304s? The 303 would be good if it was modified, but with a pressing need for ships, changing designs isn't ideal.
          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
          sigpic
          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

the 303 design is too cklunky.. but its size is perfect for the brits..

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
              While I'd love to see the 303 design resurrected, and especially UK 303s, wouldn't it make more sense to mass produce the existing, more successful design, i.e. 304s? The 303 would be good if it was modified, but with a pressing need for ships, changing designs isn't ideal.
              I think it would be great to have different designs for each nation. The Brits could have a 304 though it could look completely different to the American 304. That would be great.

Comment

the 303 design is too cklunky.. but its size is perfect for the brits..
                Hang on - what are you trying to say?!?!!

I'd have thought a new ship design would be expensive - why not go with what's available? No new design work, no new production processes, perfect compatibility...although a new design would certainly look cool.
                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                sigpic
                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

the 303 is top heavy.. cut of the top and it has a nice design and a size that perfect for an attack vessel..

Comment

the 303 is top heavy.. cut of the top and it has a nice design and a size that perfect for an attack vessel..
                    Got an image of the Prometheus and lopped the top off, it actually does look quite good, but a little unbalanced. I'd link to it but it's on my desktop and I don't currently have a website...and it's a low-res MS Paint file, not exactly quality!

I'm starting to like the idea of a lighter ship. Maybe a brand new design, maybe a 303 or 304 variant, I can't decide.
                    sigpic

Comment

just took a long look at a 303...

looks kinda like a penis doesn't it ?

Comment

just took a long look at a 303...

looks kinda like a penis doesn't it ?
                        ...And suddenly the thread takes a screaming nosedive into the dark abyss of the low brow...

Ever think maybe you took too long a look at it? But, yeah, it is kinda...that shape. Maybe leave the top bit on, eh? And add a few more chunks to break up the likeness...or just design something brand new.
                        sigpic

Comment

Actually.. France Would want a 304.. but the UK would want something smaller.. something the size of a 303

Remember.. France has the largest fleet and the largest ships in Western europe.. the UK have alot of smaller size ships
                          Actually the UK has the largest fleet in tonage and ship in western Europe and is almost if not 2nd in the world after america and russia. We don't just have warships we have replinisment ships patrol ships mine clearance and science ships just check the Royal navy website. It is also widely known as the second most capable in the world due to deployability.

I see the UK flying the frigates/destroyers of the fleet we don't go for cruisers, battlecruiser and battleships due to the fact that there not as expendable and cost to much. I also see the UK and Germany manning the Earth defenses with fleets of corvette class ships seeing as the UK likes defence but also likes to be able to explore.

Also the idea about constructing the peices all around the world is a great idea and would spearhead international relations but it does open up that a single peice can be destroyed by terroism/ accidents and it would put a strain on all the the project. But atleast a enemy ship can't jump into orbit and shoot a few shots at a shipyard and take out an entire ship. Would also allow for increased repair for example if a ORI beam hole is boarde through the front of a ship just slice and dice it.
                          if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

Just finished reading through the tread for the first time and have a few things to through out::

1)Navy vs. Air Force debate- Reason USAF has ship opertations is becuase space is a part of the AF charter

2)Modular construction-It won't have the weak points like you think it does. Most major modern ships are built in this method.

As far as sharing tec: First thing that needs to be prodived to the whole world is the medical tec.

that's just my thoughs.
                            Adam:"I reject your reality and subisute myown."

O'Neill:
                            "IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BACKSWING?!"

Carter:
                            "It took us 15 years and 3 supercomputers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth."

CARTER: You made [this]?
                            ORLIN: You wouldn't believe the things you could make from the common simple idems lying around your planet. Which reminds me...you're going to need a new microwave.

Weir: You destroyed 3/4 of a solar system!
                            McKay: Actually 5/6, its not an extact science.

Slashdot:
                            "Well railguns are neat and all, but I'm still not joining the Army until they invent the respawn point."

Comment

I believe the UK doesn't use battleships etc because they realise they are sompletely obsolete when faced with an aircraft carrier so they're just a waste of money, and nothing more than the most elaborate my wang is bigger than yours competition win.

Originally posted by a6346 View Post
                              I see the UK flying the frigates/destroyers of the fleet we don't go for cruisers, battlecruiser and battleships due to the fact that there not as expendable and cost to much.

Comment

As Principal Skinner said: "Order, order. Do you kids wanna be like the real UN or do you just wanna squabble and waste time?"

The UN is probably not the way to go. I think that real progress would be difficult when the vast majority of nations realize that America has been fighting a secret war with horrifically powerful aliens for more than a decade, and many of the world's most powerful nations have been complicit for a good portion of that time. There might be the appearance of former colonial powers once again trying to place themselves in a position of power and privilege over the rest of the world, and I doubt THAT would go over well.

I agree with the sentiment that America's monopoly on super-powerful space warships should be broken up. But I don't think they would ever agree to other countries operating ships independently (they only gave Russia the Korolev because Russia had them over a barrel). Despite the way in which we've pissed away our goodwill over the last 8 years, America still is on good terms with western Europe. Britain, France, Germany, all current or onetime allies. But if we give these nations either complete/partially complete 304's, or the blueprints and materials necessary to construct their own, then China would demand the same. And I have to assume that under the terms of any treaty, they would be entitled to it. Certainly, they would be entitled to it by simple fairness. "Disclosure" was season six. Since then, America can no longer claim to be the only nation that has lost lives in pursuit of these technologies and the defense of Earth. But in reality, and in the Stargate universe, America and China are uneasy partners at best, and I doubt we would want to see a 304 rocked out with beam cannons flying under the red flag. For good reasons and bad.

I think it's more likely that they would try to institute integrated crews with more non americans at command levels than to actually give whole ships to other nations.

Comment

Working...
                                X