More contries need ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
    the leopard 1 is still a decent enough tank especially compared to the outdated soviet tanks its most likely to face, they do have a more modern mbt in service http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ariete
    Yeah the Ariete is a decent enough tank...not quite at the level of a Challenger II or M1A2 Abrams...probably a match for the old T-90's or whatever they would face in the middle east...but it definatly wouldn't be able to survive a direct hit like a Challenger II or Abrams.

I think they are currently updating their tanks, getting rid of the Leopard I's and getting in Arietes, but it's gonna take quite a while.

Comment

what we need to do is think of who souldn't get ships. itaily shuldn't, not yet anyways.

china shoudn't get any advanced technology, that would be a freaking disaster.

as for smaller countries, i think that Luxemburg, belgium and maybe part of france can work togeether on a single ship. germany should get ships to take an offensive action against an enemy, the germans were always good at gaining ground, not defending it.

GB, US, CAN, ect all have ships. russia chould get one they've been screwed over for who knows how long.

Comment

First, thank you SG66, i was just about to say how off topic we were getting.....

So I know earlier in one of my posts I was talking about how the UN couldn't handle these ships, but if that was a path they went down how would they go about that, would they make UN ships, or would they do what they do know, and put certian ships from countries into circulation?
        [kick ass signature coming soon]

Comment

Originally posted by Apollo214 View Post
          So I know earlier in one of my posts I was talking about how the UN couldn't handle these ships, but if that was a path they went down how would they go about that, would they make UN ships, or would they do what they do know, and put certian ships from countries into circulation?
          I expect that giving the UN control (besides being a big mistake) would simply result in each member state buying and maintaining its own ships, and simply obeying the UN. Can't see that being a good idea. A NATO style organisation is better equipped, but NATO alone isn't sufficient (not all gate treaty states are in NATO or even pro-NATO). So...how about "GATO", the Gate Alliance Treaty Organisation? Having looked up some of the definitions of gato, maybe not.

But a new Alliance for Planetary Security might be well suited, following a NATO model, but instead of being a remnant of the Cold War, it would exclusively deal with extraterrestrial security and threats, as well as galactic stability. And it would be a slightly better way of ensuring that the tech is shared better, isn't abused too much, and that production of new ships is cheaper.
          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
          sigpic
          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Well I think We (French, British and German people) have the infrastructure to built 304, ( hello Airbus ?) plus, France has It's own spaceport (Kourou) leader in sending satellite in space tech.(Ariane rockets...)
            And of Course the ESA (European Space Agency)

Comment

The only benefit of the major powers not having their own ships is that currently they're all under the command of Jack. And as it stands, Jack would never authorize their use in wars between nations.
              sigpic
              "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
              ~David Hewlett

Comment

Isn't the IOA which rules the game now ?

Comment

Originally posted by DavidTheGaul View Post
                  Isn't the IOA which rules the game now ?
                  Nope. The IOA's approval is necessary for continued funding, but the Secretary of Homeworld Security is the one giving commands to the BC-304s, the SGC and Area 51.
                  sigpic
                  "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                  ~David Hewlett

Comment

Ok, but what was the Korolev's status ?
                    AS it was under russian flag, was it under HS command however ?

Comment

Ok, but what was the Korolev's status ?
                      AS it was under russian flag, was it under HS command however ?
                      No, HS in directly under the US President's authority. The Korolev would've only answered to the Russian Government, with strong influence (but little direct authority) from the IOA.
                      sigpic
                      ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                        I expect that giving the UN control (besides being a big mistake) would simply result in each member state buying and maintaining its own ships, and simply obeying the UN. Can't see that being a good idea. A NATO style organisation is better equipped, but NATO alone isn't sufficient (not all gate treaty states are in NATO or even pro-NATO). So...how about "GATO", the Gate Alliance Treaty Organisation? Having looked up some of the definitions of gato, maybe not.

But a new Alliance for Planetary Security might be well suited, following a NATO model, but instead of being a remnant of the Cold War, it would exclusively deal with extraterrestrial security and threats, as well as galactic stability. And it would be a slightly better way of ensuring that the tech is shared better, isn't abused too much, and that production of new ships is cheaper.
                        thats is a well thught out model, and one i think we should follow, or at least use as a bases for one.

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post

So kind of like starfleet but more earth based

Comment

Well I think We (French, British and German people) have the infrastructure to built 304, ( hello Airbus ?) plus, France has It's own spaceport (Kourou) leader in sending satellite in space tech.(Ariane rockets...)
                            And of Course the ESA (European Space Agency)
                            Then I guess it comes down to whos better ESA or NASA

Comment

Originally posted by Apollo214 View Post
                              So kind of like starfleet but more earth based
                              But with added bickering and ass-kicking ability! It'd be the perfect next step for Stargate at the moment - they've got transporters, new phaser-like weapons, replication technology, inertial dampeners, shields and subspace, so why not go the whole hog and get a Starfleet thing going!!
                              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

because starfleet gets their butts handed to them, over and over and over againt. last thing we need is starfleet.

Comment

Working...
                                X