New Ancient warship, Season 5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
    The argument is "We need to be the underdogs..." which has gotten laughable after the fiasco that is "Unending" and "BAMSR."
    while i do agree the show's roots are us being the underdog, i disagree about the episodes listed above. for my own reasons, but i won't get into that, its laughable.

i was thinking that maybe after we get the ship, a new, more powerful enemy emrges, or the wraith evolve, and sart to reserch new technology because lets face it, we are kicking their butts. that could help even things out.

Comment

I really really like this idea. I think it should be a somewhat upgraded aurora the ancients were about to send into service but the evacuation order was given and the ship was not completed. I think there should be us and the genii searching but in the end the genii end up with the ship.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
        I think Ancients faced several problems when building city ships:

1) Massive resources, lenght of time (1+ years easy)

2) Power hog, full charged ZPM from Asuras was nearly depleted according to Carter with a journey to a new planet.

For Earth, power hog will the main reason Atlantis will not be used as a warship.
        When you can build an unlimited number of ZPMs does point 2 stand? If the writers decide to throw the expedition a bone and give them the secret lab where ZPMs are built then we can open the champagne Regarding point 1, what makes you think it was built the conventional way. We can speculate on so many things. Regarding the Aurora class ship, it wasn't explored great detail. Asgard ships and tech were explained more so it is normal to assume that the Auroras are not as feared as we think.. They should create a hybrid . Ody+plasma weapons+asgard core+2 zpms+drones . In ure face WRAITH

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
          When you can build an unlimited number of ZPMs does point 2 stand? If the writers decide to throw the expedition a bone and give them the secret lab where ZPMs are built then we can open the champagne Regarding point 1, what makes you think it was built the conventional way. We can speculate on so many things. Regarding the Aurora class ship, it wasn't explored great detail. Asgard ships and tech were explained more so it is normal to assume that the Auroras are not as feared as we think.. They should create a hybrid . Ody+plasma weapons+asgard core+2 zpms+drones . In ure face WRAITH
          that is so awesome! that would kick so much butt, unless of course the wraith wise up and build better ships.

Comment

Originally posted by ha´tak View Post
            it whould be great to see an episode like that and see a ship like that, but i think it would be destroyt it would not be fair if any og thous groups would have a ship like that , but if it would be a powerfull is you say i like to see how it would be destroyt
            Well, the selfdestruct is always available, isn't it?
            And one uncompleted powerfull ship wouldn't make us much more powerful we are at the moment.

Comment

there should be a new ancient warship but it shouldn't be blown up after 1 fight like all the others.

we built ships they have lots of fights and survived.
              we find ancient ships and they dont last 1 fight it would be good if they lasted at least half a season

Comment

at the very least we can download the ships computer core before it exploades, that way we don't feel cheated.

Comment

ya and learn about the ship

Comment

Originally posted by SG66 View Post
                    at the very least we can download the ships computer core before it exploades, that way we don't feel cheated.
                    I don't think we would gain much from its computers. We've got enough computers and databases to look over right now.

Comment

ya but we have found nothing on the computers at ATLANTIS so far

Comment

the wraith find the ship first, but obviously then can't use it, they are studying it and accidently activate the subspace beacon, we pick it up and get a lock on the co-ordinates before they shut it off. We arrive and see 3 hives and say 10 crusiers guarding the ship. After a small skirmish, we retreat back to atlantis. The apollo just happens to be a couple of hours away from atlantis on a re-supply missions, the deadulas and apollo then jump back to the co-ordinates and just manage to defeat the hives, a few cruisers before the rest run.
                        We beam a strike team on board, after a firefight with the wraith on board, we gain control of the vessel, only to discover that the wraith have copied the ships computer, and also damaged a number of key systems. We limp it back to atlantis, after some time to study it, Mckay realises that this ship is far more advanced than even he can understand, and not only that, but the wraith have been tracking the ship and they are on their way to atlantis...dun dun dun!

Comment

Originally posted by Tru Calling View Post
                          the wraith find the ship first, but obviously then can't use it, they are studying it and accidently activate the subspace beacon, we pick it up and get a lock on the co-ordinates before they shut it off. We arrive and see 3 hives and say 10 crusiers guarding the ship. After a small skirmish, we retreat back to atlantis. The apollo just happens to be a couple of hours away from atlantis on a re-supply missions, the deadulas and apollo then jump back to the co-ordinates and just manage to defeat the hives, a few cruisers before the rest run.
                          We beam a strike team on board, after a firefight with the wraith on board, we gain control of the vessel, only to discover that the wraith have copied the ships computer, and also damaged a number of key systems. We limp it back to atlantis, after some time to study it, Mckay realises that this ship is far more advanced than even he can understand, and not only that, but the wraith have been tracking the ship and they are on their way to atlantis...dun dun dun!
                          Season 5 ending prehaps?
                          Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

maybe the wraith bring along a new super ship of their own so that it will give the new and improved daedalus a tough fight.

Comment

or the 2 parter in season 5

Comment

that would be cool. a massive battle between the daedalus, apollo, and the wraith.

Comment

Working...
                                X