Ori mothership or Hive ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
    Yep, there's no legitimate reason I can think of for the Ori to limit their followers to such compartively low end weapons. They could give every guy a rifle that shot nukes and an invincible shield or phasing device to withstand the explosions and still have absolutely nothing to fear from the weapons themselves.

The only thing I can think of is that they risk pushing the ancients too far by going too overboard with their interference with the lower plains. That's to say the ancients don't like it already when they give out toilet seats and staff weapons and Priors but they're willing to tolerate it. That might change if the Ori tried to hand me down something really over the top.
    This might be true. The Ori didn't just create the ships and weapons out of thin air, which they should be able to do, right? They gave the knowledge of how to make these things to thier followers. I'd imagine that the best, most uber tech possible is way to advanced to be understood even by priors. They'd have to create it and give it to thier followers, perhaps inciting the Ancients.

Comment

A threshold, yes. But come on, they didn't even move their arse when Daniel assembled that ascended buster in the Milky Way. Just imagine it was robbed, or Daniel became crazy, or possessed (Goa'uld for example)?

Poof, no more "Others". Even more. The others let the Jaffa use the Dakara weapon. The Others actually left all their toys there to be used by humans and co.
      This tells me that they would not move.
      The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Working...
      X