No announcement yet.

Ori mothership or Hive ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of beams and "slicing", the beam weapon on the Lagrangian defense satellite was powered by "just" a single naqahdah generator and was able to slice straight through one of the hive ships and completely destroy it.

I'm not sure that I could be convinced that that satellite was more powerful than an Ori warship.

Comment

The amount of damage done by the Ori beam is laughable. It wouldn't do anything to a hive.

Comment

The Ori beam would easily destroy the Hive, no question.

How many shots, it depends=I would say 2-3 shots to take out a Hive.

Beams=death of shields=death to none shielded ships.

No contest.

Wraith are 100% Toasted.

"the ori are not all powerful. if the asgard did not have there cloning problem the asgard would have kicked the Ori's ass as soon as they got the beam weapons."

Ascended Ori would give them better tech, the Asgard would not be able to keep up.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
          Ascended Ori would give them better tech, the Asgard would not be able to keep up.
          How do you figure that? The Asgard's energy weapons shredded the Ori in "Unending," and why would the Ori give their followers anything but the best they had?
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
            Speaking of beams and "slicing", the beam weapon on the Lagrangian defense satellite was powered by "just" a single naqahdah generator and was able to slice straight through one of the hive ships and completely destroy it.

I'm not sure that I could be convinced that that satellite was more powerful than an Ori warship.
            Yeah I mentioned that too several posts back. But thanks for reaffirming that.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
              How do you figure that? The Asgard's energy weapons shredded the Ori in "Unending," and why would the Ori give their followers anything but the best they had?
              Lol you really think what we saw of the Ori was the best they had? Wow access to knowledge of the universe must be way overrated. The followers had what they needed to succeed, at the time they invaded there were no magical asgard upgrades. Had the Ori not been
              Spoiler:
              killed in the shroud
              then I'm pretty certain the Ori would've come back with something that made the upgrades look like kiddies toys.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                Lol you really think what we saw of the Ori was the best they had? Wow access to knowledge of the universe must be way overrated. The followers had what they needed to succeed, at the time they invaded there were no magical asgard upgrades. Had the Ori not been
                Spoiler:
                killed in the shroud
                then I'm pretty certain the Ori would've come back with something that made the upgrades look like kiddies toys.
                Eh, until we've seen otherwise we have toassume they gave their followers the best they had; when you know everything, why bother only using part of the knowledge? The Ori were bent on wiping us out, so why would they not use everything available to them? When the Priors scouted the galaxy, they would have reported our amazing success against those with "far superior" technology.
                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Eh, until we've seen otherwise we have toassume they gave their followers the best they had; when you know everything, why bother only using part of the knowledge? The Ori were bent on wiping us out, so why would they not use everything available to them? When the Priors scouted the galaxy, they would have reported our amazing success against those with "far superior" technology.
                  I think we've had this discussion before, give your followers what they need, give them too much and you're making them too powerful. Say they gave their followers the best they possibly had and then their followers rebelled, how would they regain control if they had nothing better to throw at them. No we don't have to assume they gave them the best they had, you can assume that if you want but nothing backs that up either so we can equally assume they only gave them what they needed.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                    I think we've had this discussion before, give your followers what they need, give them too much and you're making them too powerful. Say they gave their followers the best they possibly had and then their followers rebelled, how would they regain control if they had nothing better to throw at them. No we don't have to assume they gave them the best they had, you can assume that if you want but nothing backs that up either so we can equally assume they only gave them what they needed.
                    What does it matter if they rebelled? The Ori can't be touched by any mortal weaponry (except Merlin's device), remember? So the followers rebelling wouldn't really matter.

Comment

"Bill, the peasants are rebelling again."

"Alright Jim. Time to get my smite on!"

Comment

What does it matter if they rebelled? The Ori can't be touched by any mortal weaponry (except Merlin's device), remember? So the followers rebelling wouldn't really matter.
                        Um they still need followers for their crusade don't forget. Put this scenario in mind, the current followers in the milkyway are convinced the ori aren't gods, they start using their ships for our cause, sharing the technology, spreading it amongst the MW alliance. Now what are the Ori going to do? They still need to conquer the MW for the power to take on the ancients, if they've given these followers the best they had there'd be nothing they could do. The followers ar a surpressed people, you don't keep them surpressed by giving them access to all you know.

Comment

The task is to find why the Ori, with such knowledge, wouldn't give more tech to the peasants.
                          The Ori weren't all knowing, and maybe a lot of the knowledge they gained over millions of years being ascended (or less?) couldn't be translated into machines.

Now, there's definitely a problem here, because contrary to the Goa'uld, the Ori didn't rely on tech to be impressive.

I can't conceive that those ascended beings couldn't even come in with a battery of failsafes in case someone would want to use their tech against the Ori.
                          Actually, we've seen such failsafes already present in Ori staves. For some reason, Gerak could use his powers against an Ori threat, but once it was understood, he got kicked.

In their galaxy, the Ori would fear nothing. There would be no reason to limit the abilities of their soldiers. That's where it doesn't make sense at all, and followers don't even enter the equation.
                          The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Genius_McKay View Post
                            I agree. But I think there is evidence the other way as well- think back to that episode SG-1 and Jacob captured a Ha'tak and one Al'kesh bomber was enough to wreak havok and do lots of damage to key systems. They could barely even hit it to boot!
                            The superior layer of the hull was scorched over limited zones. The al'kesh used blue bombs which, in my opinion, are what messed up systems, because all in all, the attack was too short and didn't hit even enough surface to start talking about shield, sensors and hyperdrives being down.

Then, after that, you can always bring up the problem of al'kesh and crazy variable power settings:

Al'keshes - weapons and power
                            The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

exactly how may ori followers are there

the ancinets left their galaxy in which they made a cityship which could hold millions(not saying there were millions of ancinets) but after the wraith war it would of deminished by a few hundred

and they ascended yet the ori seem to think they are too many ancients so they need power from lower ones to fight the ancients which suggest there are only a handul maybe hundreds we dont know
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                                The task is to find why the Ori, with such knowledge, wouldn't give more tech to the peasants.
                                The Ori weren't all knowing, and maybe a lot of the knowledge they gained over millions of years being ascended (or less?) couldn't be translated into machines.

Now, there's definitely a problem here, because contrary to the Goa'uld, the Ori didn't rely on tech to be impressive.

I can't conceive that those ascended beings couldn't even come in with a battery of failsafes in case someone would want to use their tech against the Ori.
                                Actually, we've seen such failsafes already present in Ori staves. For some reason, Gerak could use his powers against an Ori threat, but once it was understood, he got kicked.

In their galaxy, the Ori would fear nothing. There would be no reason to limit the abilities of their soldiers. That's where it doesn't make sense at all, and followers don't even enter the equation.
                                Yep, there's no legitimate reason I can think of for the Ori to limit their followers to such compartively low end weapons. They could give every guy a rifle that shot nukes and an invincible shield or phasing device to withstand the explosions and still have absolutely nothing to fear from the weapons themselves.

The only thing I can think of is that they risk pushing the ancients too far by going too overboard with their interference with the lower plains. That's to say the ancients don't like it already when they give out toilet seats and staff weapons and Priors but they're willing to tolerate it. That might change if the Ori tried to hand me down something really over the top.

Comment

Working...
                                X