Ancients or us, who would win?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pbutter View Post
    Yeah, but before that happens, we send Sheppard in, he infiltrates one of their cities, woes all the females, and gets them all on our side. On the collapse of a civil war and sensing their inevitable defeat, the Ancients soon surrender. Unfortunately, like, with the Asurans, we cannot take the chance and are forced to wipe them all out, with the exception of all the women.
    now that's a plan

Comment

Yeah, but before that happens, we send Sheppard in, he infiltrates one of their cities, woes all the females, and gets them all on our side. On the collapse of a civil war and sensing their inevitable defeat, the Ancients soon surrender. Unfortunately, like, with the Asurans, we cannot take the chance and are forced to wipe them all out, with the exception of all the women.
      who then are still infatuated with Sheppard who we then need to neutralize
      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran
        who then are still infatuated with Sheppard who we then need to neutralize
        worse : neuter

Comment

of course ancients would win!!!! I mean there more advance, human race is basicly advancing because of ancient and asgard technology. And ancients... have the technology to wipe a civilization out of existance if they wanted to.

Comment

Technology is not everything.
            The Goauld were more advanced then us, the Tauri, yet, with superior tactics we won.

Comment

Technology is not everything.
              The Goauld were more advanced then us, the Tauri, yet, with superior tactics we won.
              Actually I believe that the Jaffa rebellion and the Spider Replicators were the real reason the Goa'uld lost their divine power all we did was a pick a few of them off while staying to undeveloped and under guarded worlds
              Vote Anubis for President in 2012
              A Face you Can Trust
              sigpic
              So whats the worst that could happen?
              Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
              It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                Actually I believe that the Jaffa rebellion and the Spider Replicators were the real reason the Goa'uld lost their divine power all we did was a pick a few of them off while staying to undeveloped and under guarded worlds
                That is what i mean by tactics, and not just military tactics.
                The whole Jaffa rebellion was because of Earth.
                And Earth developed (with help) a number of technologies to fight the Goauld. For example, to defeat the Cull warriors, who were unstoppable, Carter and Jacob developed an effective weapon. Also, Oneill and Carter in a 302, took out Anubis's super weapon, which gave him a supreme advangate over the other Goauld, and this kept one Goauld from rising to power over the others, which kept the Goauld fighting among each other.
                I could go on, but you get the point.

Comment

That is what i mean by tactics, and not just military tactics.
                  The whole Jaffa rebellion was because of Earth.
                  And Earth developed (with help) a number of technologies to fight the Goauld. For example, to defeat the Cull warriors, who were unstoppable, Carter and Jacob developed an effective weapon. Also, Oneill and Carter in a 302, took out Anubis's super weapon, which gave him a supreme advangate over the other Goauld, and this kept one Goauld from rising to power over the others, which kept the Goauld fighting among each other.
                  I could go on, but you get the point.
                  But we were never the final straw we were kind of like the Tok'ra pushing the Goa'uld on but never able to make a death blow which was the Replicators invading the Goa'uld and stripping them of ships, jaffa and "Divine" Power. I mean we never planned on them invading or die we

Also Teal'c/Bray'tac started the rebellion and kept it going not Earth, we helped with supplies and stuff but not leadership or man power that was the Jaffa so lets not take away their thunder shall we.

As for the Kull Warriors it was Earth and the Tok'ra so group effort on that one not just Earth

Also we didn't destroy Anubis super weapon (my favorite ship by the way) but the System Lords combinded fleet destroyed it, we damaged it and did a good deal of damage by destroying the eyes but it wasn't just us

So what I am saying is that we didn't single handly bring the Goa'uld (like what you are claiming I think or at least thats how you are presenting yourself to me) to their knees we were more of the Tok'ra but more blunt then secretive and elegant.

The way I see it the SGC is a Broad Sword not very accurate at its targets but does some good damage when it hits and the Tok'ra were more of a Scapel which is very accurate but doesn't damage as much, thats how I think of it anyway.
                  Last edited by fugiman; 31 March 2008, 09:48 PM.
                  A Face you Can Trust
                  sigpic
                  It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

But we were never the final straw we were kind of like the Tok'ra pushing the Goa'uld on but never able to make a death blow which was the Replicators invading the Goa'uld and stripping them of ships, jaffa and "Divine" Power. I mean we never planned on them invading or die we
                    If you want to look at it that way, then fine, two can play this game.
                    It was because of Earth that the ARG was possible, and again, because of Earth the Replicators became immune and got a foot hold in MW galaxy, which led to the downfall of the Goauld.

Also Teal'c/Bray'tac started the rebellion and kept it going not Earth, we helped with supplies and stuff but not leadership or man power that was the Jaffa so lets not take away their thunder shall we.
                    Without Earth Tealc and Bratac would have achieved nothing and the Jaffa Rebellion would have been a pipedream.

As for the Kull Warriors it was Earth and the Tok'ra so group effort on that one not just Earth
                    Reading difficulties.. do we ?
                    Go back and read what i wrote in the previous post.

Also we didn't destroy Anubis super weapon (my favorite ship by the way) but the System Lords combinded fleet destroyed it, we damaged it and did a good deal of damage by destroying the eyes but it wasn't just us
                    I never said we did, and the eye was the super weapon.

So what I am saying is that we didn't single handly bring the Goa'uld (like what you are claiming I think or at least thats how you are presenting yourself to me) to their knees we were more of the Tok'ra but more blunt then secretive and elegant.
                    For the third time.
                    Go back and read what i wrote in the previous post and this time, carefully.

The way I see it the SGC is a Broad Sword not very accurate at its targets but does some good damage when it hits and the Tok'ra were more of a Scapel which is very accurate but doesn't damage as much, thats how I think of it anyway.
                    Bottom line, without Earth, the Goauld would still be in power.

Comment

First can I ask you to not bold respond to quotes because its very difficult to respond to

If you want to look at it that way, then fine, two can play this game.It was because of Earth that the ARG was possible, and again, because of Earth the Replicators became immune and got a foot hold in MW galaxy, which led to the downfall of the Goauld.
                      Actually it was because of Thor and the Ancinet knowledge in O'Neills head that we made the ARG (just for the record).

Also I don't consider us making a mistake the reason for the Goa'uld fall. Now had we planned to make the Replicators immune then used them against the Goa'uld I would give you this point. But to say because we f**ked up gives us the points for the Goa'uld being defeated is bull crap

Without Earth Tealc and Bratac would have achieved nothing and the Jaffa Rebellion would have been a pipedream.
                      Why? Bray'tac already knew that the Goa'uld were fall gods and started his own rebellion it was small but it wasn't because Earth said that the Goa'uld were false gods but because the Goa'uld acted like ones

Well you Put Carter and Jacob and I wanted you to remember Sel'Mac as well which is why I put that so maybe you can't read

I never said we did, and the eye was the super weapon.

Actually I believe the big space gun that destroyed a stargate and a pyramid and lighting bolts that crippled a System Lord fleet was the super weapon and the eyes were the power source, thats why Anubis consider using Naqahdriah

For the third time.
                      Go back and read what i wrote in the previous post and this time, carefully.
                      No one likes a smart ass, oh wait you aren't very smart so maybe no likes an ass

Bottom line, without Earth, the Goauld would still be in power.
                      What prevents the Replciators from coming to the milky way or the jaffa rebellion still happening? With or with out Earth the Goa'uld were on the way out we just helped with a few special forces team, supplies, and intel. While the jaffa lost countless numbers
                      A Face you Can Trust
                      sigpic

Comment

Good point, actually, fugiman. I'd forgotten that Bra'tac had already begun to spread his ideas that the Goa'uld were false gods before we showed up... I was thinking it started after we killed Ra, but I guess "Threshold" disproves that, huh?
                        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by P-51D Mustang View Post
                          We would obvously win beacuse we are America and we never loose
                          LMAO!

Comment

First can I ask you to not bold respond to quotes because its very difficult to respond to
                            And i am telling you to not skim over what i write and actually try (if you can) to comprehend what i write, and not reply back until you grasp fully what i am trying to say. Read it 2-3 times if you have to, i don't care, just stop restating my exact same points and then claim that i was wrong because you thought i meant to say something else, because it gets very frustrating to rewrite everything for just one person.

Actually it was because of Thor and the Ancinet knowledge in O'Neills head that we made the ARG (just for the record).
                            Actually it was because of The Tauri that the Asgard were able to construct the ARG, and it was because of the Tauri's efforts to find the Ancient repository of knowledge that the Asgard were able to defeat the Replicators (for the time being) (just for the record).

Also I don't consider us making a mistake the reason for the Goa'uld fall. Now had we planned to make the Replicators immune then used them against the Goa'uld I would give you this point. But to say because we f**ked up gives us the points for the Goa'uld being defeated is bull crap
                            Things never go exactly as planned, bottom line, we were at war with the Goauld, and we defeated them. How we achieved the said objective is irrelevant. Thinking would could have been if this or that did not happen is retarded.

Why? Bray'tac already knew that the Goa'uld were fall gods and started his own rebellion it was small but it wasn't because Earth said that the Goa'uld were false gods but because the Goa'uld acted like ones
                            And what did Bratac do, without the Tauri, Bratac's rebellion was a minor nuisance to the Goauld, nothing more. And without the Tauri, Tealc would still be in service of Aphopis.

Well you Put Carter and Jacob and I wanted you to remember Sel'Mac as well which is why I put that so maybe you can't read
                            Jacob and Selmac are one and the same, they share the same body, thus anything one does can be credited to the other as well. So restating the exact thing i wrote and saying i was wrong is why i think you may have some reading or comprehension difficulties.

Actually I believe the big space gun that destroyed a stargate and a pyramid and lighting bolts that crippled a System Lord fleet was the super weapon and the eyes were the power source, thats why Anubis consider using Naqahdriah
                            With out the Eye of Ra, Anubis could not operate the superweapon, and the Tauri destroyed the Eye of Ra, using the F-302, to jump into hyperspace and bypassing the shield of Anubis's super Hatak. Also, Naqahdriah is too unstable to be used as a viable powersource, thus, Anubis's super weapon was effectively neutralized.

No one likes a smart ass, oh wait you aren't very smart so maybe no likes an ass
                            Nope, you got it wrong, i've got the smarts, and you are the ASS.

What prevents the Replciators from coming to the milky way or the jaffa rebellion still happening? With or with out Earth the Goa'uld were on the way out we just helped with a few special forces team, supplies, and intel. While the jaffa lost countless numbers
                            Without Earth, the Jaffa rebellion would have been crushed long ago, Anubis or Baal would be the sole ruler over all other Goauld, and the Replicators would have taken over IDA.
                            You need to watch the whole series again.
                            Last edited by pbutter; 01 April 2008, 12:31 PM.

Comment

We never destroyed Anubis' superweapon; we merely took its ability to fire offline by destroying its powersource. Anubis was looking into using the naquadriah to power it for just that reason... it was still intact.

And it was the System Lord fleet that destroyed the vessel and the superweapon. We can take credit for is disabling it, but not destroying the weapon or the ship.
                              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                                We never destroyed Anubis' superweapon; we merely took its ability to fire offline by destroying its powersource. Anubis was looking into using the naquadriah to power it for just that reason... it was still intact.
                                Without the Eye of Ra, the weapon was useless, and Naquadriah is too unstable to be used as a powersource. Did i not just wite this...
                                Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                                And it was the System Lord fleet that destroyed the vessel and the superweapon. We can take credit for is disabling it, but not destroying the weapon or the ship.
                                And the system lord Baal + Yu destroyed Anubis's super ship. We neutralized the super weapon. And Anubis created another super ship, but had nothing to power it with.

Comment

Working...
                                X