No announcement yet.

P-90 or AA-12 when head to head with Wraith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would much rather have the P-90, a solid, compact firearm. But continuing off topic, instead of knives why does the SGC modify found technology to produce pistols/rifles similar to Ronon's? Even Teal'c was impressed. Just a thought.
    Weir did it better.

Comment

Ronon's gun is actually complete trash outside very short ranges. Slow moving fireballs aren't going to measure up to a hail of bullets moving several hundred feet per second at least. It's a lesser version of staff weapon vs P90 all over again.

If they wanted to apply their new tech in a basic but effective way naquada/potassium bullets would be a good way to go. Just make a bullet out of some soft material that pancakes out on impact crushing some small capsules of naquada and potassium together. You could probably blow entire Wraith goons into nothing but chunks of gore this way.

Better tell the FX guys to order an extra big truck full of fake blood.

Comment

i like the AA-12 alot i think they should use it like if mckay feels like taking a p90 and shepard fells like taking an AA-12 that should be the way it is not they all have the same gun all the time.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

A shot gun is fine, bu it sure is messy without accruacy. the AA-12 would be great for McKay...
          Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
            It all depends on a situation.

The p-90 is a recon type of weapon. Light, accurate, and holds decent amount of armor. Usually one full clip will take out a wraith, at least immobilize it long enough to put a few rounds in the head.

The AA-12 is just an auto-shotgun. Would be good in a close quarters type of mission. Sucks long range, and buly as hell. Its basically worthless without a barrel mag. So its more of a backup type of weapon.
            It's called a magazine...not a clip. Clips are not spring-fed. M1 Garand's use clips as there is a clip that holds the ammo in place. Instead of the bullet moving, the clip moves upwards and carries along the bullet.

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy View Post
              A shot gun is fine, bu it sure is messy without accruacy. the AA-12 would be great for McKay...
              Shotgun shells would not be used in a combat situation such as against the Wraith. Slugs, such as the px3 winchester would be used instead. If anything, they are more accurate than the ak47.

Comment

As said before, what about the M249? Or, the AA12 with explosive shotgun rounds. I believe I saw them once on Future Weapons. If something's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.
                Wraith ships are giant lobsters.

Comment

A sniper rifle in certain teams is needed. You don't always need to be on top of the Wraith. Something like the TRG-42 firing .416 round and a cold-bore first-shot "kill" at 2,500 yards. It would make for less Wraith, but a boring show.
                  Weir did it better.

Comment

The aa-12 was in the ark of truth , one of the guys had it whae defenting the asgard core room

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                      I can't really say that it would be great carrying a extra drums for it. It could be best used for gate protection, with F.R.E.D or even a MALP carrying extra ammunition. The FRAG-12 rounds could make it perfect for holding the gate against Wraith soldiers and Dart's if a team was defending the gate from incoming ships or troops, or if they are attaced while leaving the planet. Since Dart's would try to get close so they can beam up people, it would give the AA-12 a bit more destructive power as I think there could be better weapons to take Dart's down from a distance.
                      Okay, the AA-12 is great for clearing rooms and breaching but in combat where you go fight at a distance I don't think that it would be very effective. The P90 gives that balance where you can take down a target at a distance, and use in a close quarter combat environment.

Comment

P-90 or AA-12? One requires you to on average to use up half a magazine to kill a single Wraith while the other can kill a polar bear. One only lets you kill up to two Wraith between reloads while the other lets you be able to kill between 8 to 20 Wraith between reloads. Between the two I would go with the AA-12. When you ditch the drum and go with the 8 round box magazines they lose a lot of their bulk.

http://www.defensereview.com/stories...%20Shotgun.jpg

As to the range issue its not like they are doing long distance as it is. I think every shootout they have had with the Wraith has been within shotgun range. It would not make sense for the Wraith to be long range shooters anyways. They do not want to give the food a chance to wake up from being stunned and runaway before they can catch up to it.

But the ideal long gun to deal with the Wraith would be a 7.62x51mm infantry rifle. It does not mater of its a FAL, G3, M-14, AR-10, or SCAR-H as long as the magazines are loaded with premium.

Comment

Originally posted by Xzyl View Post
                          P-90 or AA-12? One requires you to on average to use up half a magazine to kill a single Wraith while the other can kill a polar bear. One only lets you kill up to two Wraith between reloads while the other lets you be able to kill between 8 to 20 Wraith between reloads. Between the two I would go with the AA-12. When you ditch the drum and go with the 8 round box magazines they lose a lot of their bulk.

http://www.defensereview.com/stories...%20Shotgun.jpg

As to the range issue its not like they are doing long distance as it is. I think every shootout they have had with the Wraith has been within shotgun range. It would not make sense for the Wraith to be long range shooters anyways. They do not want to give the food a chance to wake up from being stunned and runaway before they can catch up to it.

But the ideal long gun to deal with the Wraith would be a 7.62x51mm infantry rifle. It does not mater of its a FAL, G3, M-14, AR-10, or SCAR-H as long as the magazines are loaded with premium.
                          I agree with that there but what if they face the geni or something that when they'll need a range weapon

Comment

I agree with that there but what if they face the geni or something that when they'll need a range weapon
                            The OP was specific to the Wraith so that is what I answered for. With the Wraith range is an issue doing the most amount of damage in the least amount of time is. The Genii are not any better than the Wraith when it comes to range. They are ambush artist. Even if they had precession sniper rifles instead of the pistols and crude submachine guns they would still be be using their ambush and rush tactics. But to answer your question I would not choose either for use at longer distances since their are better guns for the job. If I was going to fight with something on the other side of the gate but did not know what it was or under what conditions I would be fighting I would pick an assault rifle with a grenade launcher so that I would have most of my bases covered.

Comment

i think the berreta m468 would be a good weapon for the sg teams, use the 6.8 mm round which has the stopping power of a 7.62 but the accuracy and effective range of a 5.56, it is a pretty awesome round, saw it on future weapons once, if you search youtube you could prolly find it

overall though, i think we should all have zats...

Comment

Yeah the M468 is a decent assault rifle. Maybe an assault rifle with a foldable stock would be useful, so you can have the range and firepower of an assault rifle and compromise the manouvreablitly of an SMG in CQB.

Comment

Working...
                                X