Original City Ship(AOT spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stargate_tech View Post
    First off, Toast King, if you can't post anything that proves that the movie left anything out, I'm gonna think you're just full of it. Second, Sci-Fi jumped the gun and canceled SG-1 too early, so it's perfectly understandable that the ONE full length movie they released would not be as good as 20+ episodes of Sam explaining technical stuff, Daniel ascending, Valla being Sidney Bristow, Teal'c doing the eye brow thing, and Mitchell saying, "what?"
    Third, I didn't get a good look at the city ship, but I think anything that can fly across a galaxy is cool.
    And Fourth, I think this is a spoiler tag,
    Spoiler:
    spoils!

you put in,"spoiler," inside these marks, "[]," put in the spoiler, then conclude with the same tag, but with a, "/" in front of the word spoiler, [/spoiler], is the last tag, and [spoiler] is the first
    Okay then here it is

Spoiler:
    The movie starts off with them searching through Dakara...where the hell did that come from? We had absolutely no way of knowing how they got to searching Dakara for the ark. We had no knowledge of why they thought it was there, they were just kind of there. Then we find out later that Daniel was having visions. Um...okay? Where did that come from? Honestly the entire beginning half of the movie was meshed together poorly with key NEEDED elements missing.

Second of all, they can just somehow dial the supergate after a season of not knowing their butts from a hole in the ground when it came to the supergate...yeah okay I buy that Daniel, who knows nothing about tech stuff was able to just explain how to do it...okay.

Third...you know what forget it. You guys are gonna believe what you want anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
      I applaud some of the fans who manage to convince themselves than nothing better could have been done, or that the storyline absolutely needed to be closed in such a drastic way.
      That's BS.
      I don't applaud the so-called "fans" who go out of their way to nit pick at the show, saying how everything is wrong, pointing out plot holes (some of which don't know the meaning of the word) so it gets annoying when people who watch the show to just criticize it and down play it, instead of just enjoying it for what it is...A TV SHOW.

If you have such a big problem with the writers, go watch something more to your taste...maybe Barney and Friends will suffice.

This isn't directed at anyone specific btw.
      Visit my Website

Comment

I'm not nit picking I loved the TV episodes. I just felt let down by the movies is all. I loved all the seasons it was just a shame for me when I watched AoT. Felt unfinished and rushed is all I'm saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
          Link to the post where someone was kind enough to put some screenies which contain the ship.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....4&postcount=26

It looks perhaps larger then the Daedalus class vessels though not as big as an Aurora. Doesnt at all look like a cityship....

Personally, I would imagine the ship some left to join others that were leaving the galaxy. Thats how I envision it....
          is it just me or has that guy reinvented the stargate? an oval stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Toast King View Post
            Okay then here it is

Spoiler:
            The movie starts off with them searching through Dakara...where the hell did that come from? We had absolutely no way of knowing how they got to searching Dakara for the ark. We had no knowledge of why they thought it was there, they were just kind of there. Then we find out later that Daniel was having visions. Um...okay? Where did that come from? Honestly the entire beginning half of the movie was meshed together poorly with key NEEDED elements missing.

Second of all, they can just somehow dial the supergate after a season of not knowing their butts from a hole in the ground when it came to the supergate...yeah okay I buy that Daniel, who knows nothing about tech stuff was able to just explain how to do it...okay.

Third...you know what forget it. You guys are gonna believe what you want anyways.
            I believe Dakara was the first planet that the Alterans settled on when they came to the Milky Way. So it stands to reason that it would be the first place to look.
            sigpic
            "We are the Fifth Race. Our role is clear. If there is any hope in preserving the future, it lies with us."
            Signature made by RJB

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
              is it just me or has that guy reinvented the stargate? an oval stargate

No, I think that is sketch from a semi-sideways perspective of a stargate. Also since that was the guy who made the first gate if the oval was the original design then the present round one would be the reinvented one.

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post

No, I think that is sketch from a semi-sideways perspective of a stargate. Also since that was the guy who made the first gate if the oval was the original design then the present round one would be the reinvented one.
                tehese guys seem prey advanced, i noticed a diagram of teh gate dialog process, 6 points to mark the destination and teh 7th origin.

Comment

u mean this bit?

Spoiler:
                  http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r247/davidos83/bscap0034.jpg

Comment

To explain perhaps a reason why the region around where the Altera were located was so primitive, perhaps it was one of the outer colonies of the Ancient's empire and felt that they needed to hide on these backwater worlds in order to escape the attention of the Ori?

To use an example from another sci fi universe, think of the planet like Tatooine from Starwars. A world far away from the industrial heart of the galaxy and forced to rely on more primitive means in order to continue their living.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

The reason they looked so primitive was because they were hiding what they really were from the Ori, the impression I got was that the Ori had no idea the ancients had those kind of technologies, so I doubt there were any really advanced cities around at that time.

About the ship, yerp I thought it was ridiulous how small it was, I just don't see the entire populous of the ancients that came to the milkyway fitting in something that small. Maybe it's just that I invisioned something grander and was let down, as was the case with most of AoT imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                        No, the writers said in season 9 that the Alterans left in one ship.

You've seen it, it's pathetic.
                        You thought Stargate was epic? It is not. The whole film is a huge let down.
                        It's painful.
                        God, ANY excuse to badmouth Stargate. How sad. You really have just proved that you look for any little thing you can nit-pick then use it to chuck a huge, insulting blanket over the entire franchise. Get a grip.

Stargate is epic. Watch Lost City, Reckoning, Camelot, Rising, The Siege, BAMSR etc...

'It's not'. lol. Whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                          About the ship, yerp I thought it was ridiulous how small it was, I just don't see the entire populous of the ancients that came to the milkyway fitting in something that small. Maybe it's just that I invisioned something grander and was let down, as was the case with most of AoT imo.
                          I would reason that the ship simply met with others like it otherwise the Alterans would have had too few of a population to actually survive as a civilisation. Especially considering that their trek through the cosmos took goodness knows how many centuries before finally finding the Milky Way.

If it was only just one ship then they would have either had to resort to massive amount of genetic engineering or cloning to create their empire in the Milky Way or stored energy patterns within the ship which would be dematerialized once they reached their new home as we know that stasis does not stop the aging process but simply slows it down.

Personally, in my own history of the Stargate universe, I would say that the ship simply met others of its kind who went together to leave the galaxy. Its a pity we won't learn more now on the Alteran and Ori history as I doubt Atlantis or the new possibly Universe series will talk about it and since they say that AoT will conclude the Ori storyline I doubt a further movie will delve into this. Very sad....

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Toast King View Post
                            That's why they were so mad about the leak, they know its a crap movie and they knew if people saw the leaked version nobody is gonna buy AoT because it's mediocre at best. Its not even worth the money they want for it.
                            If what you had said was true, the sales of the film wouldn't have received a considerable boost just after the leak.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
                              I would reason that the ship simply met with others like it otherwise the Alterans would have had too few of a population to actually survive as a civilisation. Especially considering that their trek through the cosmos took goodness knows how many centuries before finally finding the Milky Way.

If it was only just one ship then they would have either had to resort to massive amount of genetic engineering or cloning to create their empire in the Milky Way or stored energy patterns within the ship which would be dematerialized once they reached their new home as we know that stasis does not stop the aging process but simply slows it down.

Personally, in my own history of the Stargate universe, I would say that the ship simply met others of its kind who went together to leave the galaxy. Its a pity we won't learn more now on the Alteran and Ori history as I doubt Atlantis or the new possibly Universe series will talk about it and since they say that AoT will conclude the Ori storyline I doubt a further movie will delve into this. Very sad....

I agree. There is so much about the Alterans and the ori tht we don't no about.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                                The reason they looked so primitive was because they were hiding what they really were from the Ori, the impression I got was that the Ori had no idea the ancients had those kind of technologies, so I doubt there were any really advanced cities around at that time.

I was always under the impression that the original Alterans were a minority and the Ori followers were the significant majority within their society. I really don't think there were that many of them when they left. I'm thinking a couple hundred at the most.

As for the technology, how long ago was that? Millions of years? Just as their tech / architecture changed from the Milkyway to Pegasus galaxies, wouldn't it have been the most primitive of anything we would have seen in the series so far?

I understand the disappointment of fans that were really expecting a big SFX fest or those that were expecting huge revelations as to the history of the Alterans. However, the point of the movie was to tie up the plot thread of the Ori in regards to our main characters. By not explaining more than that which was germaine to the plot, they left the door open to revisit those issues in a future movie or series. What do you think the new series will be about? We already know it involves the 9th chevron so it HAS to have SOMETHING to do with the Ancients. They were just leaving themselves more story to tell.

Another point about the SFX is that they weren't done with them yet, we have no idea which parts might still be upgraded.

I really don't get how anyone would be under the impression that the Alterans had a cityship way back then.
                                The Characters from Bloom County were located to another world where they could live in Peace and avoid the wrath of Jeanne Kirkpatrick.

Here's a photo of Bill the Cat hanging out by the gate waiting for more partying supplies:

Comment

Working...
                                X