We already have BC-305s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
    but they still use goa'uld tech within them. Goa'uld crystals in their computer systems for example.
    Remember that the goa'uld steal their technology from other races. So therefore it's not goa'uld crystals, but probably ancient tech. Ever notice how dhd's and ring transporters both have similar looking crystals in them.

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post
      Hmmmmmmmmm. BC-305? I thought it was DSC-305..............
      Since we don't have it yet, we don't know what the designation of the 305 will be. As for the Daedalus class:

Soilers for AoT:

Spoiler:
      The IOA guy says that this will be the first time he steps aboard one of Earth's new battlecruisers.

So I guess it's rather BC-304.

Comment

It is not a 305.

A B-52 that was made decades ago but retrofitted is still called a B-52. It's not called a B-53 or B-99 or B-05.

They are still 304's.

Edit:
        Also, why the hell are you calling the 303 a bad ship? It was our *first* ship and as such had the best we could give it at the time.
        We had to test the water and make changes as we went along.
        That's like calling the Wright brother's first plane bad because it didn't fly very far.

Comment

Originally posted by Tupopoflungo View Post
          I believe in another episode DSC-304 is said, or maybe shown...im not sure...
          Off The Grid. When Emerson is briefing SG-1 on the Odyssey, the screen behind his head says "Deep Space Carrier."
          sigpic

Comment

I always thought it ment Deadaus Class Ship..

BS is battlecruiser.

But wouldn't a deep space carrier be.. bigger?

Go Green

Comment

the next ship we build will proabaly have asgaud tech covering the ship .....inside and out

so i think that might be the 305.
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
                But wouldn't a deep space carrier be.. bigger?
                Not necessarily, it's a matter of definition.

Our military has what they call man-portable weapons. They're not portable in the way most people think of the term, it just means that a single joe can carry it on their own. Usually they weight over thirty pounds.

And actually the 304s carry a complement of 302s, so they are in fact carriers.
                It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
                --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
                  So the apollo is now the BC-305.. In logical terms. The ship does't need to have a totally diffirent look to be a 305
                  Uh, yes it does. It has to be a totally new design to get a new classification. Hence why the 304's with beam weapons are just 304 Upgrades.

Comment

Originally posted by Murcielago View Post
                    Off The Grid. When Emerson is briefing SG-1 on the Odyssey, the screen behind his head says "Deep Space Carrier."
                    Thank you...thought so...any chance of a cap?

Comment

Basically this is how I see it

The 303 was built
                      The 303 was discontinued by the 304 as all of her systems were integrated
                      The 304 had things tacked on after the fact
                      The 305 supercedes the 304 with integrated systems

Why don't they built a very modularised ship so that the ship design lasts decades-the 303 was commisioned in 2002 and was effectively replaced in 2005 by the 304. The 304 has been around for about 2 years and already is being preped for the scrapyard

Comment

I've been hearing rumors of a third series I haven't been able to search for news about it so forgive me if I am unaware of anything yet. Maybe they'll introduce the 305 there. Maybe it will be a little smaller than Atlantis. A mobile fortress as base of operations for the new SG teams when they venture into the Ori galaxy.

Well SG military has gotten leaps in technology thanks to their allies. They have all the knowledge of the Asgard a race that waste the Gould with little ease. So they should assemble ships that can use Asgard tech.
                        Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
                          Why don't they built a very modularised ship so that the ship design lasts decades-the 303 was commisioned in 2002 and was effectively replaced in 2005 by the 304. The 304 has been around for about 2 years and already is being preped for the scrapyard
                          Because there's this thing in engineering we like to call "advancements". Every once in a while, we "find" a "better way" of "doing things" that renders our "old way" of "doing things" inert.

Ever notice how technology changes every 2 months, and in 3 years, your entire computer needs to get changed out completely because they redesigned motherboards and memory chips? It's not arbitrary.

Comment

That could so easily be sawpped out if the ships were modular in construction as you could just take one moduale out and put another newer one back in-Look at the Goa'uld, you don't see them changing ship class's every year as they just modify thier ships. Even the 302 is aging nicely compared to the larger ships of the Tau'ri

Comment

I know what modular is, thanks. And if you bothered reading what I wrote, you'd know that it's inefficient. If engineers find better ways to route things (and they always DO), modular designs are pointless seeing as you'd have to refit the ENTIRE SHIP. Having a completely newly designed ship that is designed for a specific purpose rather than a crappile of modules is much more effecient and effective.

Honestly, teh fact that the 302's haven't been refitted/redesigned/replaced is because of writers/props/crew. The 302s get very little air time. The audience likes big starships, so the director gave the audience big starships that get refit every few years. That's a studio decision. If there was more interest in fighters, I'm sure we'd see more fighter updates. And in a way, we have seen fighter replacements. We call them puddlejumpers.

Comment

Kill the starships and lets ascend and get it over with-Modualar designs usually do no work when you get spoonfed tons of new tech every year but they do when you develop the tech yourselves. Hopefully the 305's will not need to be replaced anytime soon!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X