No announcement yet.

Stargate History - Theory on History of the Ancients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there are 2 types of hyperdrives, the one that takes people across the galaxy and the one thats faster which means it can go from 1 galaxy 2 another!!! if they had the slower hyperdrive it would take hundreds of years to cross the 2 galaxys!!!

Comment

Taonas wasn't the capital, Terra was..

Go Green

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
        We don't know when the asgard got hyperspace travel, we know they had advanced stasis tech 30,000 years ago but thats no indicator of hyperspace travel. The asgard could have been an up and coming civilisation when the ancients left, we just don't know and the only figure we have isn't very useful.
        I meant 30,000 sorry. I didn't say they got a hyperdrive at 30,000 I said they didn't have one because of the stasis. 30,000 years is a tiny fraction of 5million years that proves the Asgard weren't a great race until after the lanteans came back.
        sigpic

Comment

but we just dont know, mayb the ancients and asgaurd met long after they both had the caperbilty for a while, just dont know!!!

Comment

Originally posted by StargateNexus View Post
            but we just dont know, mayb the ancients and asgaurd met long after they both had the caperbilty for a while, just dont know!!!
            lol that sentence made me giggle
            Visit my Website

Comment

glad i can make some1 laugh, lol, if u hadnt guessed i am crap at spellin lol!!

Comment

Originally posted by StargateNexus View Post
                yh that sounds bout right, though i think with the wraith its unknown! but with wat we know its the most logical!!! the ancients didnt go through the egypt gate cause ra brought that 2 earth, so the ancients would hav been killed, no morgan said they returned to the antartic!!! and i rekon they returned around the time of king arthur mayb a few years b4!!!
                they returned about 9,000 years before Arthur's time.
                Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Arthurs time was rouly 1,000 AD..

So they came back in 8,000 BC. RA found earth in 6,000 BC

Go Green

Comment

[QUOTE=Ltcolshepjumper;7533705][*] The atheistic Alterans favor science
                    QUOTE]
                    i don't think it really says anywhere that the Alterans were Atheistic, merely scientific. They've also never really said if the Ori believed in gods (we only know they set themselves up as gods).
                    As seen in "Ascension" the Alterans did have a spiritual philosophy.

p.s. I am not starting a debate over religion vs. science.

Comment

I should point out that it stands to reason that the Alliance between the Asgard, Furlings, Nox and Ancients was most likely formed BEFORE they left for Pegasus, for several reasons.

Firstly, the Alliance of Four Great Races was built over "many millennia", and supposedly before the rise of the Goa'uld. Since the Goa'uld had been using Unas as hosts for several thousand years BEFORE the Lanteans returned from Pegasus, and as the technology shown in Torment of Tantalus fits in more with the pre-Pegasus style of Ancient technology (DHDs, the Stargates, the Repositories of Knowledge, the Dakara device, etc) rather than the Pegasus-era Lantean technology and architecture (Arcturus, solid-state gates, cityship design, Puddle Jumpers, etc), it stands to reason that the Tantalus meeting hall was designed and built prior to their departure to Pegasus.

Add to that the fact that the Asgard stated, when O'Neill first encountered them in "The Fifth Race" that, "The Ancients have long since departed this particular region of space", and not "they Ascended"; it stands to reason that they were referring to the departure to Pegasus.

It should also be noted that whilst the Asgard were using sublight travel technology years ago, there's nothing to say that the Ancients didn't encounter the Asgard and realise their potential - even before the Asgard left their home planet - in much the same way that the Asgard have been monitoring the human race closely.

Also, we know that the Ancients didn't have the same policy of non-interference with other cultures that the Asgard seemed to, as there are numerous examples of them fudging with the inhabitants of planets for research purposes (SGA: The Game).

The Asgard's skill in genetics, and the Nox's skill with healing / concealment may have sparked the interest of the Ancients who we know were interested in their own self-development above anything else.

And failing that, simply being able to interact with the native inhabitants of that region of space (not merely the humans which were seeded by them throughout the galaxy) would have offered a fresh perspective on life and culture which would've been hard to pass up.

Comment

Originally posted by DeRoest View Post
                        Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                        [*] The atheistic Alterans favor science
                        i don't think it really says anywhere that the Alterans were Atheistic, merely scientific. They've also never really said if the Ori believed in gods (we only know they set themselves up as gods).
                        As seen in "Ascension" the Alterans did have a spiritual philosophy.

p.s. I am not starting a debate over religion vs. science.
                        well of course, they developed a spiritual philosophy thousands, perhaps millions of years after they left the Ori galaxy.(some of those who ascended anyway) and by atheistic, I merely mean they were not religious.
                        Also, the original Ori religion was ascension. Later, after they became corrupted ascended beings, they adapted the religion to include themselves as gods.
                        Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                        encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                        3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                        4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                        5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
                          Arthurs time was rouly 1,000 AD..
                          Nope. Arthur (if he ever existed) probably lived somewhere around the 5th - 6th century AD.

Comment

Originally posted by Dev Corvin View Post
                            Add to that the fact that the Asgard stated, when O'Neill first encountered them in "The Fifth Race" that, "The Ancients have long since departed this particular region of space", and not "they Ascended"; it stands to reason that they were referring to the departure to Pegasus.
                            Um as you should be well aware by now Ascended beings don't live in your region of space but in a different dimension. Also Note that the statement was from yet another GALAXY. Just how big a region of space are you refering to? The entire Local Galactic cluster?

The Asguard told the Truth. The Ancients have long since departed this particular region of Space. The trick is which space are they referring to? The space of dimensions or the Space of Galaxies? Since Ascended beings live in another dimension of space, as we learned about how the Sangraal works we can conclude, it wasn't the Galaxy that the asguard was referring to.

The Asguard Visit the Milky Way like we visit Pegasus. We send ships there to study and defend certain regions.

As for the Alliance that is at best inconclusive. As for the tech level 1 would agree at least in part. on the other side merlin used that old style desk in his library too. So maybe it was built for a different purpose. Like a Rugged Laptop that is submerisble versus a brand new Dell. You also have to know that the Alterans who fled didn't bring a lot back with them they had to start from scratch for tech. It would take years to rebuild, and many of them choose to live simple lives in stone huts seeking ascension.

Comment

OK, somebody plese tell me when they came back to earth after atlantis fell.

Comment

8000BC-10,000 years ago where they either ascended, created the 4 great races or bit the dust

Comment

Working...
                                X