Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PROOF: Aurora-class has more than drones.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gala View Post
    Well from my observations I can see that their secondary weapons look much more like anti-fighter weapons than anything else. They are too thin and short to do any serious damage.

I'm guessing they cannot use tons of drones for a reason. Maybe they underestimate us or they want to capture us or something. Maybe the gene thing but I doubt it...
    Those weapons are probably used when the sheilds are down and for anti dart sprays. They're still better than rail guns.
    Best quotes ever:
    O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
    Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
    Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
    Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
    Thor:I like the yellow ones
    O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
      We'vce never seen a fully powered aurora but looking at the damage done in the BASMR promo it looks as if it could take out several.
      If those Aurora's don't fire a massive swarm of drones, then yes, the 304s stand a chance. If they fire drones, then our ships should be toast.

But we all know that TPTB will nerf the Asuran ships against us and let them loose on the Wraith so it still looks like we're achieving some amazing victory... *sigh*
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
        If those Aurora's don't fire a massive swarm of drones, then yes, the 304s stand a chance. If they fire drones, then our ships should be toast.

But we all know that TPTB will nerf the Asuran ships against us and let them loose on the Wraith so it still looks like we're achieving some amazing victory... *sigh*
        well think of it this way the dedalus struggled to take out a hive ship ( not includeing the upgrades) and we know that an aurora could take out more than one hive now with the upgrades which are only the wepons i think i cant imagine that the dedalus would be able to take much from an aurora at full strenght while under the comand of assurans who i am sure they will be do some very fast and efficiet repairs to the ships so even with the upgrades i still doubt it could win
        sigpic
        Sig For Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Cban View Post
          well think of it this way the dedalus struggled to take out a hive ship ( not includeing the upgrades) and we know that an aurora could take out more than one hive now with the upgrades which are only the wepons i think i cant imagine that the dedalus would be able to take much from an aurora at full strenght while under the comand of assurans who i am sure they will be do some very fast and efficiet repairs to the ships so even with the upgrades i still doubt it could win
          But the wraith don't have sheilds so damage is direct, with a sheild you can take more punishment, though the same really apllied to us because we had rail guns and a few missiles. So basically I agree with you. Though with the help of the wraith and other races we stand a better chance.
          The travellers will get pwned unless they have some brilliant warships.
          Best quotes ever:
          O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
          Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
          Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
          O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

But the wraith don't have sheilds so damage is direct, with a sheild you can take more punishment, though the same really apllied to us because we had rail guns and a few missiles. So basically I agree with you. Though with the help of the wraith and other races we stand a better chance.
            The travellers will get pwned unless they have some brilliant warships.
            yea the travelers ships probabily will get a lot of damage they look like they are falling apart
            sigpic
            Sig For Me!

Comment

yea the travelers ships probabily will get a lot of damage they look like they are falling apart
              They look way smaller than the auroras, we are, technically, more advanced than them, we have the knowledge of the asgard, rub that in Larins face, she is pretty though
              Best quotes ever:

Comment

They look way smaller than the auroras, we are, technically, more advanced than them, we have the knowledge of the asgard, rub that in Larins face, she is pretty though
                yh there ships from all the running from the wraith are fast and i bet shes fast to
                sigpic
                Sig For Me!

Comment

yh there ships from all the running from the wraith are fast and i bet shes fast to
                  It doesn't takemuch to outrun a hive ship, just stay in hyper space for an hour longer and you'll lose them. The weapons probably could even destroy the prometheus, (it was an amazing sip though).
                  Best quotes ever:

Comment

the traveler ships actually do look pretty advanced, they had enough energy left, to create a very big energy field, and i think they used energy weapons

Comment

Originally posted by ijffdrie View Post
                      the traveler ships actually do look pretty advanced, they had enough energy left, to create a very big energy field, and i think they used energy weapons
                      True, but they were falling to bits because they were old. They were able to create forcefeilds and are capable of hyperspace travel so they must be quite good. Their food doesn't look so good though.
                      Best quotes ever:

Comment

If the traveler ships are anywhere near as powerful as Wraith vessels I'll be disappointed that would only serve to cheapen them as an enemy IMO.
                        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

"If those Aurora's don't fire a massive swarm of drones, then yes, the 304s stand a chance. If they fire drones, then our ships should be toast. "

But from all appearances, the new Asgard shields seems to able to weather a massive amount of damage (AoT). The Apollo took no apparent damage from Asuran ship it fought.

So if they had a sufficient power source, I would not be surprised if the upgraded ships could withstand a massive barrage of drones from an Aurora. They would be damaged by not destroyed. And whatever else, the Asgard lasers can take out shields incredibly fast.
                          Last edited by JSPuddlejumper; 04 January 2008, 07:44 AM.

Comment

The ship in the basmr promo took quite a lot of damage from the beam and it didn't appear to have a sheild, it's going to be great to see them in action against the auroras on tuesday.
                            Best quotes ever:

Comment

Yes didnt appear to have a shield, for all we know our weps could be strong enough to phase straight through their shield or overpower it, if they did that to an ORI ship and IMO I don't think ancient ships are anywhere near ORI ships in terms of power then it may be possible.

I think its the obvious thing in this case though, both the tauri and ancient ships can destroy each other with relative ease, who will get the important shots in though.

Comment

It doesn't takemuch to outrun a hive ship, just stay in hyper space for an hour longer and you'll lose them. The weapons probably could even destroy the prometheus, (it was an amazing sip though).
                                yea the curves on that ship. . . . very nice!
                                sigpic
                                Sig For Me!

Comment

Working...
                                X