Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PROOF: Aurora-class has more than drones.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
    He says "hull regeneration".
    Agreed. "Hover generation" just doesn't make sense here, considering you can't hover in space...
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

if the 305 has the same energy source as the o'neil it would not need a zpm because it probly would have fully powered sheilds and the beams. having a zpm would be useless

Comment

ok, i hav nt seen any of s4 of atlantis and i hav only seen up to s3 in sg1, so what is the asgard core and what is a 305??
        sigpic
        Thanks to WingedPegasus and myself for the sigs, and to Myn for the userbar.

Comment

Originally posted by PrioroftheOri View Post
          ok, i hav nt seen any of s4 of atlantis and i hav only seen up to s3 in sg1, so what is the asgard core and what is a 305??
          It should probably be 304, which is a Daedalus class battlecruiser.

The Asgard power core is an energy source given to the SGC as a Deux Ex Machine solution to fighting the Ori in S10 of SG-1.
          Signed,

Gregorius
          Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
          Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by mickhhh View Post
            if the 305 has the same energy source as the o'neil it would not need a zpm because it probly would have fully powered sheilds and the beams. having a zpm would be useless
            The Asgard data core came with its own power source so as not to be a drain on Odyssey's systems. It is logical to assume that weapons and shields were, as they were before the installation of the core, powered by the ship's normal energy stores which were augmented by a ZPM.

The Daedalus and Apollo don't have ZPMs so their weapons wouldn't be as powerful as Odyssey's.

Originally posted by PrioroftheOri View Post
            305 is a conjectural ship class.

RE the Asgard core:
            Spoiler:
            The Asgard core contains all of the knowledge of the Asgard and was given to the Odyssey just before the destruction of the final Asgard homeworld. It consists of two (very generalized) components: a computer system and a power source for that system.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
              The Asgard data core came with its own power source so as not to be a drain on Odyssey's systems. It is logical to assume that weapons and shields were, as they were before the installation of the core, powered by the ship's normal energy stores which were augmented by a ZPM.

The Daedalus and Apollo don't have ZPMs so their weapons wouldn't be as powerful as Odyssey's.

305 is a conjectural ship class.

RE the Asgard core:
              Spoiler:
              The Asgard core contains all of the knowledge of the Asgard and was given to the Odyssey just before the destruction of the final Asgard homeworld. It consists of two (very generalized) components: a computer system and a power source for that system.
              YES! Finally! Someone who also knows that there never was an Asgard power core for the Odyssey, it was just a power core for the Asgard computer core.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                YES! Finally! Someone who also knows that there never was an Asgard power core for the Odyssey, it was just a power core for the Asgard computer core.

Vala,
                I thought that was common knowledge, thats why the ZPM was nearly depleted after power the ship for x amount of years.
                Best quotes ever:
                O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                Thor:I like the yellow ones
                O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                  It looks like we go try and steal some zpms for our ships, or possibly steal some auroras.
                  I'd say with the preview that they're much more likely that they go in to upload the virus directly into the Asuran database than they are to be nabbing ZPM's.

Comment

Man I’m so excited after watching that clip!!!

If I stay this excited for another four hours then I will have to go to the emergency room LOL.
                    sigpic
                    Spoiler:
                    Me: “I just wanted to take the Staten Island Ferry…I wasn’t expecting the extraordinary rendition.”
                    *Three DHS guys dressed in black pop out of nowhere. *
                    DHS: “NOBODY EVER EXPECTS THE EXTRAORDINARY RENDITION!!!”
                    DHS: “Our chief weapons are shock-n-awe, enhanced interrogation techniques, and the suspension of habeas corpus.”

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
                      Well, it might be that drones can only be conrtolled from the chair and the chair can only be operated by someone with the ATA gene. The Asurans lacking that gene as they are mechanical thus have no need for the drones since they can't control it.
                      Then how were they able to fire the Drones in Atlantis at the PJ in 'The Return'?

Comment

Perhaps they thought that those other weapons have more destructive power than drones. Or that they had already used all of their drones before this point in the battle.
                        Best quotes ever:
                        O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                        Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                        Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                        O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                          There NEVER was an Asgard power core. Thor said specifically:

"The Asgard core comes with it's own power source that will not infringe on your ship's ZPM"

Or something VERY similar to that, he NEVER said that it was a secondary power source.

Vala,
                          ...and what powers Asgard ships and the core if not the powersource Thor was reffering too?

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                            ...and what powers Asgard ships and the core if not the powersource Thor was reffering too?
                            They had several generators on their ships that would create a lot of power, the one in the core was never said to be a generator, just a power source.
                            Best quotes ever:

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
                              They had several generators on their ships that would create a lot of power, the one in the core was never said to be a generator, just a power source.
                              Those neutrino generators did power their ships but Odyssey had super shield strength in Unending and Ark of Truth so it is obvious that the ZPM was not powering all systems. The ZPM cannot do what it did by powering every inch of the ship. The Asgard power source must power other things otherwise there is a huge plot hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                                Last time I checked neutrino ion generators powered Asgard ships, and it was never disclosed what powers the Asgard Computer Core. The only thing concrete is that the Asgard Computer Core had its own powersource to draw from.

It is not canon to say that the Asgard Computer Core was powering any of the ships system external of its self. I have no idea where this notion comes from of people thinking/saying that a computer is powering ships system.

The thought of a computer powering anything (sans the occasional USB/firewire device lol) tickles my funny bone a bit.
                                sigpic
                                Spoiler:
                                Me: “I just wanted to take the Staten Island Ferry…I wasn’t expecting the extraordinary rendition.”
                                *Three DHS guys dressed in black pop out of nowhere. *
                                DHS: “NOBODY EVER EXPECTS THE EXTRAORDINARY RENDITION!!!”
                                DHS: “Our chief weapons are shock-n-awe, enhanced interrogation techniques, and the suspension of habeas corpus.”

Comment

Working...
                                X