ship designs with present stargate tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hermes class
    because of the need of transport between atlantis and earth, as 3 weeks is just too slow, carter, bill, and several of earth's finest alien technology experts worked on the hermes class
    the asgard computercore was a higly valued thing. soon, the blueprints were ready
    its purpose was quick interaction in the pegasus galaxy, allowing a trip in 10 days normal, and 8 days pushing the engines. its formidable weapons are a match for hives. still, the 304 is superior, as it is made to be based in a galaxy, not intergalactic like the hermes, and thus has more room for weapons.
    the hermes is a fast, agile ship.
    power:
    asgard powercore
    asgard naquahdah reactors

propulsion:
    4x hebridan ion engine
    4x main fusion drive.
    dual asgard intergalactic hyperdrive

protection
    asgard shield
    trinium-carbon-steel hull.

armament:
    10 asgard beam cannon
    20x asgard pulse cannon
    16x railgun
    10x missle tubes[missles carrying 3 mark X naquahdriah warheads, with an explosive power 30% of the mark IX each]
    10x mark IX gatebusters[1 fits in a missle]

carrier:
    none

other:
    sensors, beam tech, rings, etc
    beaming buffer
    asgard computercore
    Last edited by thekillman; 28 March 2008, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
      wow, thats a perfect example of fanwank as I ever seen. lol
      hehe agreed

Comment

Originally posted by interGalactic specops View Post
        The X-001

The x-001 or the valiant is an experimental warship intended to be the flagship of Pegasus tau'ri fleet it has the capabilities to withstand the full force of the wraith armada

Defence
        One asgard shield and lantean internal security shields
        Hull 25 % trinium, 27 % titanium, 23% nutronium, 25% carbon

Weapons= 2 ori pulse cannons, 66 retro engineered wraith weapons
        228 mark 3 single barrelled railguns, 100 mark 1 dual barrelled anti capital ship coil guns, 48 forward missile tubes and 34 back

Power

Shield = 1 ZPM
        Weapons = 2 ZPMs 2 backup naquadria reactors
        Propulsion-
        Engines= 2 naquadria reactors
        Hyperdrive= 1 ZPM
        Other systems 2 ZPMs

Dimensions
        Length=1.4km
        Height=450m
        Width=638m

Hangers=3
        Lower hanger= 50 f-303s
        Left hanger= 4 puddle jumpers 2 modified long range Teltaks
        Right hanger= 2 alkesh and 10 gliders

Propulsion=
        4 mark 2 hydra ion engines, 6 mark 1 sublight drives
        a mark 4 intergalactic asgard based hyperdrive

Other=
        cloak
        lantean long rang sensors
        ring platform
        Asgard transporter
        biometric scanners
        okey for starter it is a ship that is supos to have bein build 2008 , how in hel are you going to get that many zpm and ori cannons how are you gona get your hand on them when they have left the galaxy
        but dont worry many people make fanwank ships , when i startet i did it to
        Last edited by ha'tak_; 28 March 2008, 11:12 AM.

Comment

what about the hermes

Comment

i like the hermes it is a cool ship , good work, only one proplem ASGARD naquahdah reactors

Comment

well the asgard could develop a type of 100% efficiency naq reactor.
              what im wondering about. with the asgard tech, why dont we upgrade our naquahdah reactors? the asgard mustve had naquahdah reactors. perhaps 5000 years ago or so. but still. what may be outdated naquahdah technology for them, would be state of the art for us

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                what im wondering about. with the asgard tech, why dont we upgrade our naquahdah reactors? the asgard mustve had naquahdah reactors. perhaps 5000 years ago or so. but still. what may be outdated naquahdah technology for them, would be state of the art for us
                okey cool

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                  *dies*

(for comparison, mass to energy conversion ration of nuclear is somehting like 5%, only antimater is capable of 100%, period.)

Comment

i thought this thread was long dead. btw its supposed to be tech level of 2007 before we got the computer core. So all we have in terms on ships is daedalus level tech. and maybee some prototype plasma weapons.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                      *dies*

(for comparison, mass to energy conversion ration of nuclear is somehting like 5%, only antimater is capable of 100%, period.)
                      i didnt mean exactly 100% but much more efficient and better than our current.

Comment

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
                        i dont think any of the ship design threads are for present day stargate tech just future. So anything that is avaliable to earth before unending is welcome here !
                        Well before unending we werent Super advanced kicking ass. so if you look at the OSDT which is the place these ships should be, you will notice that the majority of the ships in there ARE what you have created this thread for. That thread is pre unending by a massive amount of time and if you look through it the ships in there are extensions of normal stargate tech we already have on the deadalus and the Real world stuff. A Ship based on tech available to earth before unending or not in the future = the deadalus, making this threat quite redundent without being feulled by fanwank.

Originally posted by titan_hq View Post
                        Original Starship Design Thread is for this sort of stuff. Its open to all ships, not just Stargate ones.
                        Indeed

it says on the first page that its based 30 years in the future thoe
                        No he said that
                        ALso I'm thinking more about ships in the near future than say 30 years from now.
                        Difference, he said in essence between now and 30 years. although the margins have changed.

would anyone want to do a small virtual fleet for ships whith unending weapons
                        Thats called the show...

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post
                        Check again, it actually says that most ships shouldn't be 30 years in the future, not that everyone has listened (I haven't that often).
                        No not everyone listened, mainly because the scope of design was limited to variation of the deadalus or fanwank battleships. When the first fleet began we used the best designed of sorta post deadalus/promethius variations, armed mainly with missiles and railguns and the usual asgard tech combinations (shields hyperdrive beaming tech), varied in terms of size, class design and role but the problem was that for 1.0 in the fleets and for this thread is that the deadalus class is kinda the benchmark for all other ships. you can get a battleship with deadalus specs and an energy weapon retro engineered from the wraith or goauld, with maybe a NIG and that is as realistic as this tech level and period allows you to go. Its only when you expand the time frame to say 50 years, that you get the amount of variety needed to design good ships IMO. Although you do run the risk of more time = more ability to abuse and create fanwank. I do blame, in some part the fleets for expanding the gap in time frame and technology within the OSDT. Mainly because the OSDT was the farm for ships that were to be in 1.0 and 2.0, because everyone was going to be in there anyway, it made sense. Theres kinda two models for OSDT ships now, theres ones based on fleet tech, and theres ones based on cannon tech, although to be honest alot of fleet tech was already present in various designs within ODST anyway and were adopted and expanded.

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                        wow, thats a perfect example of fanwank as I ever seen. lol
                        Oh there are always worse examples
                        sigpic
                        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                        Stargate : Genesis |
                        Original Starship DesignThread
                        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                        11000! green me

Comment

i've grew on from this thread now anyway i thought it was dead and nobody would go near it again

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

I've got a question. Why do fanwank ships always use Naq. in their hull alloy? Does this not lead to exploding ships? Also, fanwanks tend to be in excess of 100K tons so, won't you need vast amounts to build a ship?

When a tiny amount produces huge amounts of power I'd think it would be more useful as a fuel in the reacter or weapons.

Comment

naquahdah in the hull doesnt react, simply because its processed not to do so

Comment

1. Anubis Mothership ZPM Hive size
                                2. Superhive Weapons
                                3.10 drone bays 10,000 drones per bay (drone will be equipped with tollan phase shift tech)
                                4. Each superhive weapon battery should have gatebuster with tollan phase shift
                                5. The main weapon should be equipped with Dakara Superweapon a focused blast or wave
                                6. Atlantis Shield whormhole drive Attero device with a settable range
                                7. Reverse (unending Season 10) and time dilation Fields
                                8. Atlantis Sensors

Comment

Working...
                                X