This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartianManhunter View Post
    I dont think that the power nodes on space gates are anywhere near the level of ZPM's. If they were we could just take a couple of nodes from uninhabitable/uninhabited planets and use them to power Atlantis. I think its more likely that they use power only when the gate is activated, and when its deactivated it goes into a standby phase where power consumption is little to none.

But thats just my opinion.
    I just said that they last a very long time.

Vala,

Comment

I'm going to go with "nintendos."
      sigpic

Comment

possibly geo thermal energy since the ancients have done that before or again like in the orion episode
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
          possibly geo thermal energy since the ancients have done that before or again like in the orion episode
          it's possible.

and may i remind u all of the buffers on the anchient satelite? could those be used?

Comment

Originally posted by LostCityGuardian View Post
            To the best of my knowledge it was never explained on the show, but it came to mind when I was watching Reckoning last night. The fact that the energy wave could radiate into space around Dakara would suggest (to me at least) that it was powered by a ZPM or a power source producing an equivalent level of power.

Delete this thread if its repeating a discussion from the past.

...magnets, what else?

Comment

Originally posted by chicer_mister View Post
              it's possible.

and may i remind u all of the buffers on the anchient satelite? could those be used?
              the buffer's just a capacitor, not a power source.

Comment

Working...
              X