This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
    Weren't areas of the weapon protected from the wave? The same stuff used to protect people from the wave could also stop the energy signiture being tracked if a ZPM were in one of those rooms.
    Yeah, I think that was kind of an inconsistency. In the Reckoning, the wave killed replicators who were a couple of meters from the control console. And yet in Counterstrike the area under the weapon is said to be shielded.

Comment

Originally posted by LostCityGuardian View Post
      Lol. Not bad at all.
      Sometimes I aim for outlandish random comedy

Originally posted by LostCityGuardian View Post
      Yeah, I think that was kind of an inconsistency. In the Reckoning, the wave killed replicators who were a couple of meters from the control console. And yet in Counterstrike the area under the weapon is said to be shielded.
      For the answer to that read my previous post, sometimes the plot hole leaks past containment and alters other things

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
        I agree about the stealing part but where has it ever been shown the Ancients had power sources with similar outputs to a ZPM let alone the Asgard...
        What about what powers the DHD's and the orbital gates? That lasts 50+ million years, if that's not on par with a ZPM, I don't know what is.

And wasn't Sam in the shielded chamber? I doubt that there is an extra shield inside the shielded chamber?

Vala,

Comment

I dont think that the power nodes on space gates are anywhere near the level of ZPM's. If they were we could just take a couple of nodes from uninhabitable/uninhabited planets and use them to power Atlantis. I think its more likely that they use power only when the gate is activated, and when its deactivated it goes into a standby phase where power consumption is little to none.

But thats just my opinion.

Comment

It's powered by me - Check my location

Green to Captain Jake

Comment

I think it had to be a ZPM, but Dakara was the Jaffa Home Planet, so we could never get the energy modul.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

'twas clearly powered by a plothole
                Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
                Check out my Flickr

Comment

How about Geo thermal energy?

The Ancients seem to have advanced methods for extracting energy from the planet.

Comment

Or, Energy from another Universe going through the Big Bang?

Like, a Giant Outer-Universal ZPM

Or, an Outer-Universal Project Arcturis...

Comment

i don't think you'l need THAT much power

Comment

Or just a MASSIVE Naquadah generator...

You're forgetting, the Ancients were MUCH more adept at creating Naquadah power sources capable of delivering massive amounts of power than we are. Look at the DHD power source, for example.

And don't forget, the Dakara weapon was built inside a mountain, that's PLENTY of room for an enormous generator, or even a huge amount of generators linked in parallel.

Comment

Weren't areas of the weapon protected from the wave? The same stuff used to protect people from the wave could also stop the energy signiture being tracked if a ZPM were in one of those rooms.
                          Searching one temple by hand is still far less work than searching a galaxy at random like they normally do

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor View Post
                            Searching one temple by hand is still far less work than searching a galaxy at random like they normally do
                            Yes, but they aren't allowed to explore the temple, they'd have to steal it. So being able to detect it in advance and sneak in/out is their only hope for getting it (assuming that is what was powering the device). But of course, the ZPM is not worth betraying their allies for or even making them their enemy after relations broke down.

Comment

My bets goes to a hamster on a wheel.
                              c'on theres no way a hamster on a wheel could power that it would take at least 10

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                              Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by gavo2o View Post
                                The Dakara super weapon is powered by a plot hole, similar to a blackhole but able to provide infinitatly more power
                                wow i just cant stop laughing now.

Comment

Working...
                                X