This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChocolateLovingEntity View Post
    So really what guys is the p90 a bad choice in gun?
    typically in games it is. other than the rate of fire and clip size it's usually pretty useless. not nearly as much power as what it really has and too innacurate. in games it's usually put in as a 'middle of the range' weapon or a sub-machine gun. an ok gun but you can find better ones.

admitedly though whenever i play counterstrike at uni i totally pawn with the p-90......my opponents say i'm a noob and am not playing properly since i'm using such a large clip and just run in guns blazing.............i on the other hand call it winning.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Thats a hard question.

It matters in what type of real fighting is going on. In the stargate universe, you can use a normal beretta pistol and you can pierce armor and shoot a mile away and hit a target dead on.

I myself have shot a real p90, and they are REALLY good smg's but they are a dagger to a claymore, with a rifle. I own a mp5 and shoot it every once in a while. It is an excellent weapon. It is a smg too, like the p90.

Rifles are all up to the person. I have family in the military, all of which have a different preference to a rifle. One liked a m16, one liked the m4 carbine (its basically the same gun). Some liked slow and steady shots, some likes short burst shots. Its all on the soldier or regular person.

I myself like to fire a lot of bullets constantly. I would love to fire a m134 (same one Arnold shot in Terminator 2)
      Visit my Website

Comment

I don't think so, it's pretty widely available and also one of the few SMG's forbidden to be owned by citizens in the US.

Originally posted by Col. Matarrese View Post
        should've picked the mp5...far less accurate than the p90, IMO
        They already have the MP5, the MP5 is the stock US weapon, the DOA-12 the first unlock and the P90 the last unlock.

Comment

Well, P90's got replaced by G36's as Personal Defense Weapons, no? And didn't they just recently replace the G36 with.. the X16 or something?

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
            Well, P90's got replaced by G36's as Personal Defense Weapons, no? And didn't they just recently replace the G36 with.. the X16 or something?
            The G36 is a full-blown assault rifle. The P90s main competetor is H&Ks new MP-7 (which we've seen in Off The Grid). The P90 was designed for tank crews, truck drivers, and more of the like that needed a compact yet powerful SMG that could pierce armour.
            sigpic
            http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

I just bought a copy of Farcry..... Hoping it lives up to the hype
              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
                The G36 is a full-blown assault rifle. The P90s main competetor is H&Ks new MP-7 (which we've seen in Off The Grid). The P90 was designed for tank crews, truck drivers, and more of the like that needed a compact yet powerful SMG that could pierce armour.
                Yeah, I know about the MP7. It was used before Off the Grid, I thought.... one of the episodes, SG-1 beamed into a Hatak, Cameron had a G36 and the rest of SG-1 had MP7's.

BF2 protrayed MP7s as far more reliable weapons than P90's.

Originally posted by ChocolateLovingEntity
                I just bought a copy of Farcry..... Hoping it lives up to the hype
                Way to stay on topic, pro.

Comment

Yeah, I know about the MP7. It was used before Off the Grid, I thought.... one of the episodes, SG-1 beamed into a Hatak, Cameron had a G36 and the rest of SG-1 had MP7's.

Way to stay on topic, pro.

Well doesn't Farcry have the P90? so really I am on topic

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor View Post
                    The anti-tank class in BF2 just needed to have a horrible weapon, and they chose the P90 for it
                    The P90 is actually pretty decent up close. Remember, ranges need to be highly exaggerated in the game because otherwise the maps would have to be insanely huge. In RL you probably wouldn't be expecting to shoot accurately past 100m with an smg anyway. When you compare it to the rifles in bf2 its probably about right.

Also, anyone who says the G36E is a good gun in bf2 is a noob.

Originally posted by IcyNeko
                    Check the stats between the mp7 and p90 - they're virtually identical (mp7 has slightly quicker reload, while the p90 carries 10 more rounds in a magazine. That's literally the only difference). But I do find the mp7 easier to pwn with, probably because the sight picture is better.

Comment

I love Farcry but don't love the game editor
                      The version I bought came on a DVD and also
                      has a game editor which is installed with the game
                      but the bloody thing crashes every third or fourth load hehe.

I made a few random levels but not sure how to get them into
                      the game as I'm new to editing, well with this game at least.

Comment

That was in Off the Grid When they were trying to get the Stargates that Baal had stolen.
                        sigpic
                        http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

The P90 is a pretty good weapon for those who aren't front-line combat troops or for those whose primary weapons are tank guns, for example. It is not a primary battle weapon.

A semiautomatic carbine version called the PS90 is available on the civilian market in the US.

Blackwater

Comment

Originally posted by Blackwater View Post
                            The P90 is a pretty good weapon for those who aren't front-line combat troops or for those whose primary weapons are tank guns, for example. It is not a primary battle weapon.

A semiautomatic carbine version called the PS90 is available on the civilian market in the US.

Blackwater
                            Droppin Knowledge!

Comment

The P-90 is in the game counter strike too

heaps cool

Comment

Can't reply about using P-90's in games

But-

As the owner of my very own P-90 it is sweet. Light weight , very accurate. Holds fair amount of ammo and the design of the clip loads fast & easy. Practical gun, easy for even a novice. I would highly recommend it.

Comment

Working...
                                X