Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Icy your hilarious as always BUT i do want to point out that, although the laws of physics are for the most part set in stone, many of the things in Sci fi don't so much break them as circumvent them. Such as not being able to go faster than light. They didn't break it, they just found a nice convienent loophole around it. I'm guessing such loopholes exist elsewhere.
    www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Yeah, but even the hyperdrive that they use in Stargate is a spiffed up version of one of the many "warp drive" engines that have been theorized. One that I read about a few years back would displace the engine and objects in the generated field into a dimension where the speed of light is a lot higher, and the ship would stay there until the drive was turned off.

Not quite as awesome as the Hyperdrive, but a similar concept.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
        Sorry ol chum, but until we upgrade our ability to make sense of "what's wrong with you", we cannot reply. But fear not, Federal Scientists are working around the clock for a cure.
        LOL, You are a mean one

Everyone is entitled to their opinion that is what forums are all about.
        sigpic

Comment

As am I, so why are you pointing it out?

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
            As am I, so why are you pointing it out?
            Expressing it to the world
            sigpic

Comment

I doubt you could replicate an entire ship in one go but you could probably build a ship piece by piece cutting down the build time.
              sigpic
              "We are the Fifth Race. Our role is clear. If there is any hope in preserving the future, it lies with us."
              Signature made by RJB

Comment

I don't know if any of you play Supreme Commander. It sounds like the original poster had something in mind similar to the UEF factories? They are essentianlly giant industrial size replicaters. I think that is a little beyond the current level of technology in SG even with the Asgard database.

However I think small scale replication like in the ST: Enterprise episode 2x04 Dead Stop is more likely. So instead of a trinium mill stamping out hull plates you have the replicater producing them. Final assembly still require some human and/or mechanical interaction.

Comment

Well, that's how trek does it with all their ships period. They replicate parts, then fly out in workerbee-class shuttles to assemble them on the frame of the starship.

Though.. I think that engineers and captains prefer their ships to be built rather than mass produced via replication. Replication means every ship is the same, and even back in the wooden ship era, each captain could tell her ship because it was unique.

Comment

Working...
                  X