This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by talyn2k1 View Post
    That's what I meant by 'visible', just couldn't remember the technical term.
    I didn't think about that, makes sense really that it would take time for the accretion disk to build up. I stand corrected on that one then.

But would a black hole with no accretion disk still have the same ability to interfere with sensors/comms, etc as a black hole with one...theoretically, of course!
    As far as I know, these effects are caused by the gravity of the black hole. Any planetary mass black hole has little gravity and therefore is no problem.
    Mammals suck!

"Real men don't need inertia dampers."

Check out my GURPS campaign setting wiki, Islands of War!

Stop sending me friendship requests. I will deny them all, regardless of who they come from.

Comment

Originally posted by ascendedancient42 View Post
      As far as I know, these effects are caused by the gravity of the black hole. Any planetary mass black hole has little gravity and therefore is no problem.
      I stand corrected again!

From now on, you are banned from proving me wrong!
      If you do it again, I`ll send Ronon after you

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k1 View Post
        I stand corrected again!

From now on, you are banned from proving me wrong!
        If you do it again, I`ll send Ronon after you
        I'd like to see you try. Hehe.
        Mammals suck!

"Real men don't need inertia dampers."

Check out my GURPS campaign setting wiki, Islands of War!

Stop sending me friendship requests. I will deny them all, regardless of who they come from.

Comment

a weapon, drop it in the sun like carter did.............

or drop on a planet, at a thin crust spot, turn it on and let the kawoosh do the rest
          sigpic
          EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
          -Liberty Prime

Comment

move super gate to pegasus

dial ori galaxy

put upan all you can eat sighn alert wraith at least one problem taken care of

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Originally posted by eps200 View Post

dial ori galaxy

Well atleast you'd be rid of the Wraith since the Ori would stomp on them.

Comment

dial ori galaxy

smartest thing i heard all day

Comment

well the wraith seem to know about how a stargate gate works and even put a dhd in their darts

i think with abit of sensor readings they could overide the gate but i dunno how they are gonna get on it without a suit

the asurans would work it out pretty quickly and dial into the milky and send their ships
                  sigpic

Comment

simple:
                    stick a shield on MW gate and oly let our ships come thru. this gate is powered by a black hole, so we hook the shiled up to the black hole too+ no weapon in the known universe could be powerful enough to break thru.

Comment

dial ori galaxy

GREAT IDEA!!!
                      i mean the wraith and perhaps the asurans whose tech rivals the ori would fight and earth can just relax and watch
                      Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                      Anime signature in spoiler tag
                      Spoiler:
                      Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Originally posted by jhkplaya888 View Post
                        GREAT IDEA!!!
                        i mean the wraith and perhaps the asurans whose tech rivals the ori would fight and earth can just relax and watch
                        Earth: Hey Dakara, hand me the popkorn.

*hand him popkorn*

Earth: Thanx.

Comment

Originally posted by chaos_master123 View Post
                          do you think we could use the supergate techology to be able to link peg and milkyway together?
                          I think there is no reason to doubt that if we had access to another supergate, we would definitely link the Pegasus galaxy to our own.

The problem is we don't know how to build another supergate and even if we did, we may not even have enough power to create one. The first supergate used the energy of a collasped planet and we can't recreate anything like that with our current level of technology.
                          StarshineRoxie
                          A woman that allows herself the balance of cool wisdom and strength of heart.
                          sigpic

Comment

dial ori galaxy

It's a good idea but morally it would be objected to, especially by Daniel...
                            The Ori followers don't deserve to be masacured just because they're blinded by their religion and following what the Ori's commands...

Comment

Supergate Uses?

I can’t think of a single practical means of transporting it to the desired theater of operations in order to make use of it.

Those segments making up the current supergate are several sizes to large to fit through a Stargate, so one has to wonder why the Ori follower(s) who built it didn’t just use their industrial capacity in the Milkyway in order to build ships. It really dose boggle my mind man.
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:
                              Me: “I just wanted to take the Staten Island Ferry…I wasn’t expecting the extraordinary rendition.”
                              *Three DHS guys dressed in black pop out of nowhere. *
                              DHS: “NOBODY EVER EXPECTS THE EXTRAORDINARY RENDITION!!!”
                              DHS: “Our chief weapons are shock-n-awe, enhanced interrogation techniques, and the suspension of habeas corpus.”

Comment

Originally posted by Argosy View Post
                                Supergate Uses?

I can’t think of a single practical means of transporting it to the desired theater of operations in order to make use of it.

Those segments making up the current supergate are several sizes to large to fit through a Stargate, so one has to wonder why the Ori follower(s) who built it didn’t just use their industrial capacity in the Milkyway in order to build ships. It really dose boggle my mind man.
                                I thought when you see the first supergate being constructed in "Beachhead" that the segments do come through the gate 1 by 1, that's how they get them into our galaxy.

That means that if we could work out the technology to disassemble and then reactivate the supergate we could move it...not that i think we should, just work on better hyperdrives using the asgard/ancient knowledge so that we can get to where ever we want within seconds anyway.
                                Nu ani Anquietas :: We are the Ancients, well some of us

Comment

Working...
                                X