Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

when a ship is cloaked, why dont weapons work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
    I have no idea what it means to "rull" over people. Since that made no sense, I decided to discard everything you've typed after that.
    Ah yes, you are absolutely right, my opinion doesn't count becasue i'm dislexic.

And just to check, since you are constantly tying to tell me that you are right about the hyper drive despite what the series actually says does that mean you think that if you prove me wrong about the hyper drive (wich you can't since im the only one with evidence) then that'll automatically make you right about the cloak, wich is, after all, waht this thread is about?
    Last edited by fred19; 27 June 2007, 08:16 AM.

Comment

what does hyperdrive speeds have to do with this thread??????/ lol
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
        what does hyperdrive speeds have to do with this thread??????/ lol
        Basically, what I was originally trying to say was that cloaks are new tech for the Goa'uld so it could be that shooting while claoked is a work in progress, however IcyNeko and Jimbo-DR are trying to argue that cloaks are not new tech by saying that Goa'uld must have had hyperdrive that was faster than 10c before season 1 and also apparently by telling me I can' spell.

Comment

Cause it would be really boring scifi if invisible ships just went around shootin everything... plus if everyone had cloaking devices... there wouldn't be any fightin at all

Comment

Originally posted by RyanDixon View Post
            Cause it would be really boring scifi if invisible ships just went around shootin everything... plus if everyone had cloaking devices... there wouldn't be any fightin at all
            Of course there would, it would just resemble high tech submarine warfare. Protecting planets on the other hand would be a pain.

Comment

Well not to mention that your cloak is useless as soon as big beams of energy come flying out of your position. The moment you shoot, your position is compromised...
              Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
              Check out my Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Matarrese View Post
                Well not to mention that your cloak is useless as soon as big beams of energy come flying out of your position. The moment you shoot, your position is compromised...
                Soit comes down to a waitign game, you boh sit untill one opens fire, then you try to chase each other, if you don't get a lucky shot in your back to the waiting.

Comment

Because that's how it was on Star trek. Why was it that way on Star trek? Because a ship that could fire while cloaked would be way to powerful and would rape everything around it.

Imagine if Oddysey could fire while cloaked. You have a ship that can easily take any ship in the Galaxy and face overwhelming odds and win(or should be able to) and now it can do it without even getting attacked back.
                  Way to overpowered, and it will probably never change.
                  www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Wile were at it, how come jumpers never launch drones while cloked? It can't be becuase projectiles mees with the cloaking field, becuase the team has apeared out of nowere multiple times without making the file shimer or anything.

Comment

its just one of those things that were "too powerful" and so in order to make the show more fun, they made the "heroes" weaker.....but if you want a scientific assessment, i think that since cloaking uses alot of power, there is no more remaining engery to be transfered to the weapons systems... kinda like how atlantis' cloak takes up alot of energy and they cant do anything else, same applies to the jumper, smaller structure means smaller power source so 2=2 right? and plus, you usually use a cloak to hide....why use weapons? aside from the obvious answer that you want to blow the other guy to hell
                      *Turn in your P-90 for a MP7; the standard issue weapon for any SG Team*

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                        * Cloaking shields take a ton of energy in some series. This is kind of the assumption based on the fact that, when they switched the puddlejumpers to shields, it took the same power, and vice versa from the cityshield to cloak on Atlantis. In Wing Commander, they also stated this by saying that onboard laser weapons couldn't maintain a charge due to the huge amount of energy it took to power the cloaking shields.
                        Cloaks do exist. They're using a cold plasma in test tubes to effectively bend light around objects making them invisible to the naked eye.

Best Stargate quote:
                        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                        Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                          The thing is alkesh don't have shields! So it would be in their best interests to stay cloaked as it would make hitting them harder and they wouldn't sacrifice defenses. This IMO proves cloaks and weapons are mutually exclusive one or the other.

Comment

Working...
                          X