This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
    So in fact there's just zero proof the battle lasted for three hours, and likely lasted for less time than that.

A Borg related "documentary" I saw said a total of 40 ships were engaded against that Cube.
    That was wolf 359 a different battle...and the ship was the neutral zone when the battle began to get back takes 3 hours so seeing as the battle was still taking place it's pretty obvious it's a 3 hour battle

If a Ha'tak has a maximum firepower in the gigaton range, and shields worth of several hundreds of gigaton, it will.
    Now, will the Borg adapt? Probably. But they'll get their asses handled the first time, and all the other times until they adapt, if they can adapt to the goa'uld weapons.
    I doubt they'll get their asses handled the first time. Whats a reasonable estimate for goa'uld weapons and shields?

and whats a reasonable estimate for shield/firepoer of the average UFP ship?
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
      That was wolf 359 a different battle...and the ship was the neutral zone when the battle began to get back takes 3 hours so seeing as the battle was still taking place it's pretty obvious it's a 3 hour battle

I doubt they'll get their asses handled the first time. Whats a reasonable estimate for goa'uld weapons and shields?

The Wolf 359 was the battle for earth. Then they time traveled.

Comment

Originally posted by Amb. Shepphard(ARC) View Post
        The Wolf 359 was the battle for earth. Then they time traveled.
        no it wasn't...wolf 359 are coordinates! Trust me i've got the episode, it was in the Best of Both Worlds we're talking about First Contact
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

no it wasn't...wolf 359 are coordinates! Trust me i've got the episode, it was in the Best of Both Worlds we're talking about First Contact
          Wolf359 is the location of earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Amb. Shepphard(ARC) View Post
            Wolf359 is the location of earth.
            No it's not. Sector 001 is Earth.

Comment

Wolf 359 is a completely different location

The star third-closest to Sol and Earth, at about 2.35 parsecs or 7.6 light-years, where some 40 Starfleet ships in Admiral Hanson's armada were routed by the Borg circa stardate 44000.

Thats cannon btw so isnt upto debate

Comment

Originally posted by HAL View Post

The star third-closest to Sol and Earth, at about 2.35 parsecs or 7.6 light-years, where some 40 Starfleet ships in Admiral Hanson's armada were routed by the Borg circa stardate 44000.

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by HAL View Post

I think you mean canon.

Comment

That wasn't Wolf 359, I have the movie on my computer and I rewatched that sequence several times. They NEVER SAY that it takes 3 hours to get back from the neutral zone. They say it will take 3 hours to get back from whereever the hell they are BEFORE they go to the neutral zone. The fight doesn't begin until a while after they get to the neutral zone, and Riker proves it. He comes in to Picard listening to music and says 'We've finished our first sensor sweep of the neutral zone". After some blah blah conversation Deanna "calls" and says that they've recieved word that the fleet have just engaged the Borg.

They go to listen and they tune in BEFORE the fight starts. Some lady calls out that they have the Cube on sensors "Speed warp 9 point *STATIC* *BORG HAIL*". At that point the attack starts and the Defiant is clearly heard to be present. After a couple seconds of listening to the ensuing carnage Picard orders the helm to set course for Earth at maximum warp, and they go. The very next scene is the Cube very close to Earth still being attacked by the Defiant and fleet, and maybe 20 seconds later the Enterprise shows up.
                    www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

I tried to find the clip on Youtube but I couldn't D:
                      www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR View Post
                        That wasn't Wolf 359, I have the movie on my computer and I rewatched that sequence several times. They NEVER SAY that it takes 3 hours to get back from the neutral zone. They say it will take 3 hours to get back from whereever the hell they are BEFORE they go to the neutral zone. The fight doesn't begin until a while after they get to the neutral zone, and Riker proves it. He comes in to Picard listening to music and says 'We've finished our first sensor sweep of the neutral zone". After some blah blah conversation Deanna "calls" and says that they've recieved word that the fleet have just engaged the Borg.

They go to listen and they tune in BEFORE the fight starts. Some lady calls out that they have the Cube on sensors "Speed warp 9 point *STATIC* *BORG HAIL*". At that point the attack starts and the Defiant is clearly heard to be present. After a couple seconds of listening to the ensuing carnage Picard orders the helm to set course for Earth at maximum warp, and they go. The very next scene is the Cube very close to Earth still being attacked by the Defiant and fleet, and maybe 20 seconds later the Enterprise shows up.
                        I know it wasn't wolf 359 that's what i've been trying to tell people lol

Oh i see what you mean! I remember now, yeah Data says it will take 3 hours to get back to earth and Pichard says we're not going i finally got it lol. I have the movie too...

Well how far away is the neutral zone from Earth. I'd assume they moved further away from earth to get there but that's just speculation.

Comment

Romulan Neutral Zone Typhon sector 4 ly ST:FC (5h 25min at warp 9.95 [max. warp Sovereign class])

The Typhon sector is an area of space within Federation borders. In 2373, the sector was the rendezvous point for a Starfleet task force led by Vice Admiral Hayes, and the location of the initial engagement with a Borg cube enroute to Earth. The fleet failed to stop the cube in the sector and fought it all the way to Sector 001. (Star Trek: First Contact)

From http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Typhon_sector and http://www.stdimension.org/int/Carto...stanceList.htm

Comment

Originally posted by hypochondriac View Post
                            Romulan Neutral Zone Typhon sector 4 ly ST:FC (5h 25min at warp 9.95 [max. warp Sovereign class])

The Typhon sector is an area of space within Federation borders. In 2373, the sector was the rendezvous point for a Starfleet task force led by Vice Admiral Hayes, and the location of the initial engagement with a Borg cube enroute to Earth. The fleet failed to stop the cube in the sector and fought it all the way to Sector 001. (Star Trek: First Contact)

From http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Typhon_sector and http://www.stdimension.org/int/Carto...stanceList.htm
                            ok cool. I haven't checked the links but that kind of proves how long the battle lasted i guess...

Comment

ok cool. I haven't checked the links but that kind of proves how long the battle lasted i guess...
                              If you believe the numbers given. I tried to find a second source so it's more reliable but no luck.

From wikipedia so trust is up to you

Although not part of Sector 001, the engagement in the Typhon Sector is generally considered to be part of the overall battle. Star Trek canon is unclear as to whether fighting continued all the way from the Typhon Sector to Sector 001 or Starfleet completely disengaged and regrouped near Earth.)
                              Last edited by Hypochondriac; 21 May 2007, 01:40 PM.

Comment

If they broke the engagement and regrouped at Earth, this would almost reset the battle as the Cube would be largely repaired, right?
                                The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Working...
                                X