X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That never happened as far as I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
      So Trek crews are naturally immune to airbone nanoprobes or what? I can't remember Trek crews turning into Borg just because they've been inhaling air in close proximity to some Borg stuff.
      Are you sure this happened, and is not a one shot plot device?
      Dark Frontier, Pts 1 and 2, Seven of Nine is contracted by the Borg Queen (not of her own volition) to create a biogenic release of nanoprobes in a M class planet's atmosphere designed to assimilate gradually, therefore not detected. If I recall correctly, the Borg used it on the planet that was assimilated during that time, though I don't remember all of the details so I'm not guaranteeing that, but I know that the Wraith were working on such a weapon. And yes, it was a one shot plot device. Though in the novelization of Endgame, this was used.
      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

I have often suspected Ori technology has an almost spiritual element to it given how involved the Priors are in its creation-

Some examples-
        In “Crusade”: it’s stated by Vala that a Prior was required to activate the Ori warships
        In “Ethon”: Carter expressed doubts about what was powering the Ori Satellite, the same episode mentions it was (like the ships) activated by a Prior.
        In “The Shroud”: Daniel mentions he had to become a Prior in order to fly an Ori ship.

Would captured Ori ships be all that useful I wonder?
        This is an appeal by evil in distress, please click here to help Bastet defeat her enemies - Stargate online wargame

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Bastet View Post
          I have often suspected Ori technology has an almost spiritual element to it given how involved the Priors are in its creation-

Some examples-
          In “Crusade”: it’s stated by Vala that a Prior was required to activate the Ori warships
          In “Ethon”: Carter expressed doubts about what was powering the Ori Satellite, the same episode mentions it was (like the ships) activated by a Prior.
          In “The Shroud”: Daniel mentions he had to become a Prior in order to fly an Ori ship.

Would captured Ori ships be all that useful I wonder?
          Borg would eventually take over everything. Unless of course there was a way to kill all of them at once.

Sounds similar to stargate doesn't it?

well its because the borg are like the replicators. Adaptive yet vulnerable to kinetic energy weapons.

I don't think the Ori ships would get owned. The reason why?

If the ori ships started getting owned, i believe the Ori themselves would intervene. The borg wouldn't be able to defend against something that is way beyond comprehension.

Even if the Ori didn't intervene, the priors would be capable of holding off the borg. Plus the Ancients has tech that could be used against borg. Like atomic disintegrators.

Of course the replicators would own the borg hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
            be infected and well on the way to becoming drones.
            Priors can revive and heal tons of people. I think they can cure by waving that magic wand of theirs

Originally posted by hypochondriac View Post
            Sg-1 Has an anti prior device. So it shouldn't be that hard for the Borg to counteract a prior.
            just because some one can make a device doesn't mean anyone can make it. Earth had learned that the brain was the thing that allowed them to use abilities. As far as anyone else is concerned it is magic or there staff. so a borg would have no clue how the Prior does what he does.

example: a doctor needs to know what the problem is in order to fix it. otherwise he is stuck with one problem and ton of solutions to other problems
            Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
            Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
            new enemy of the Ori
            At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

Once a borg injects the ori ships computers with nanites wouldn't they know how a staff works and how to adapt to it??

Comment

Once a borg injects the ori ships computers with nanites wouldn't they know how a staff works and how to adapt to it??
                They inject it how? Ori vessels have shields which are very powerful, able to repel anything from goa'uld to asgard weaponry (Unending cheat technocard excepted).
                The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                  They inject it how? Ori vessels have shields which are very powerful, able to repel anything from goa'uld to asgard weaponry (Unending cheat technocard excepted).
                  When they fire the main weapon don't the shield fluctuate? So the Borg drones can beam in during that time

Comment

I think the staff extends his power, it does not grant them there power.
                    Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
                    Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
                    new enemy of the Ori
                    At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

Originally posted by Lightbane View Post
                      Hmm are you sure? If the Ori know where to hit they can hit the weak spots and the break the cube up before the Borg are even able to begin to adapt to the beams
                      But Borg Cubes really dont have any weak spots, as they are incredibly decentralized. IN Best of Both Worlds, it was stated that a borg ship can still function even if 78% of it was inoperable.. Borg ships are capeable of withstanding a huge ammount of damage, not to mention their ships are able to regenerate. After withstanding one or two hits, the Borg would modify their shielding so that the Ori beam weapons would be useless..

Comment

Originally posted by GateR_mk View Post
                        But Borg Cubes really dont have any weak spots, as they are incredibly decentralized. IN Best of Both Worlds, it was stated that a borg ship can still function even if 78% of it was inoperable.. Borg ships are capeable of withstanding a huge ammount of damage, not to mention their ships are able to regenerate. After withstanding one or two hits, the Borg would modify their shielding so that the Ori beam weapons would be useless..
                        I agree for the most part but i think it would take several hits before the Borg adapt
                        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

in terms on one ship vs one ship only, I'd go with Ori over Borg, two hits at the most to take out the Borg.

at least that is how I see it.

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by jhkplaya888 View Post
                            .... i mean in stargate the earth ship lasted a hit from the sun blast.... in startrek a ship would be destroyed...
                            Not true, in ST: TNG, the enterprise-D flies into a solar flare using modified shields. Yes i know it has modified shields but it does magnage to do it.

Originally posted by jhkplaya888 View Post
                            ...startreks shields suck...
                            This is true enough, a couple of shots from a phaser will damage an enemy ship to the point were they surrender. But on the other hand Borg ships themself are very tough! Quantum topedoes used by the enterprise-E in first contact use Zero-Point-Energy, same as a ZPM so its logical to conclude there very powerful in comparison to Stargate weapons. Its like having a drone with the power of a ZPM in it...BOOM! Anyway back to the point Quantum torpedoes are powerful yet the borg cube in first contact takes quite a few of them before it is destroyed. But remember the cube was fighting the fleet for hours before the enterprise arrived so it had taken alot of damage. Plus picarde knew exactly were to hit.

So i think the cube would win...It can adapt to assimilate the ori technology.
                            Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by titan_hq View Post
                              Not true, in ST: TNG, the enterprise-D flies into a solar flare using modified shields. Yes i know it has modified shields but it does magnage to do it.

This is true enough, a couple of shots from a phaser will damage an enemy ship to the point were they surrender. But on the other hand Borg ships themself are very tough! Quantum topedoes used by the enterprise-E in first contact use Zero-Point-Energy, same as a ZPM so its logical to conclude there very powerful in comparison to Stargate weapons. Its like having a drone with the power of a ZPM in it...BOOM! Anyway back to the point Quantum torpedoes are powerful yet the borg cube in first contact takes quite a few of them before it is destroyed. But remember the cube was fighting the fleet for hours before the enterprise arrived so it had taken alot of damage. Plus picarde knew exactly were to hit.

So i think the cube would win...It can adapt to assimilate the ori technology.
                              Quantum torpedoes are nowhere near as strong as that. A Drone with the power of a ZPM? Remember the tainted ZPM that had the capacity to destroy the entire solar system? Quantum torpedoes don't even manage to penetrate the cloaked shields of the Scimitar, and against the Borg they just create small explosions on the hull. If they were as powerful as a ZPM then one would be enough to wipe out every borg ship ever created.
                              www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Borg ship, no questions.

: Green is Good.
                                sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X