BC-304 vs. Imperial Star Destroyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlankDots View Post
    Crap sensors (mellenium falcon blended in with the destroyer)
    The same happened to the Odd in season 2, intruder... that 302 that was
    'taken over' was lurjking behind them for a while, holding the virus. It was only the reasoning of Mckay who figured it out...

As to the stormtrooper effect... that is only in film/fan fictions. In my starwars modules for the RPG, stormies are FEARED!!!!

Comment

The Oddy Easily. Lets Compare

Shields
      The Imperator class Star destroyer (as stated) is toated by fanboys as having shields ranging into the multi petatons range with reactors putting out more energy per second than a Sol type star. the SD also comes with two types of Shields Ray shields and particle shields. this figure though ocording to Onscreen evidence is toated much lower in the range of multi Gigatons (about the same as a Hatak)

The Oddys shields are known to take multiple Toilet Beams without breaching. now we know the Toilet beam destroys an Hatak in one shot; and we know an Hataks shields (pre Nuby upgrade) are rated somewhere in exces of 1000GT; so we know that a Toiletbeam has an excess energy of at least 1000 GT and that the Oddy can take multiple hits. we know that the Ori Toilet beams was able to power the time dialation drive to reverse time.

Odd Wins.

Weapons
      The SD has around 30 tripple batteries with weapon power depending on who you belive ranging from 25 megawats to multiple Petawatts per blast. though the general consensus is around 500GT for the sake of argument

The Oddy has mulitple Asgard energy weapons capable of breaching Ori Toilet Shields in a matter of seconds; now if we assume the Ori Shields are capable of protecting the Ori ships from there own weapons; then we must assume the Asgard beams are more powerful than the Ori shields since they breached and thus be more powerful than the Toilet beams and we know the Old Asgard weapons could breach a Hataks shields rated at 1000GT so an Asgard Energy weapon is rated at LEAST 1000GT per shot

Oddy Wins but just barely.

Agility

Oddy Wins Hands down; the SD showed very very little agility; a Wraith hive being 3 times its size showed more agility than an SD. Oddy however has proven itself to be extreamly agile able to move almost on a dime.

Oddy Wins, without even breaking a sweat

Engines
      Large Huge ass slow engines; vs recessed armoured protected engines able to go to some 80% light speed (The Return Part 1). Oddy Wins

Crew
      US Airforce VS Incompitent Imperial Navy. neither side of shown any real tactical ability short of "Raise Shields, weapons to maximum"

Draw

Sensors
      SD - Couldn't spot the Milenium Falcon attached to the side of a friendly ship
      Oddy - State of the art asgard sensors.

Oddy wins

Fighters
      Ties VS 302's
      the Ties have the advantages of infinite ammo being laser based; however the 302's seem to have the better pilots. both are equally agile. the Ties would get chewed up by point defence; the SD has no point defence.

I'd call it a narrow win for the 302's because of the better pilots.

Critical Flaws
      Oddy - needs ZPM for extra goodies, Has Daniel Jackson,
      SD - exploding Bridge and Sensor Dome Towers. no guns on the Ventral side so the oddy can just get underneith it and just keep hitting it with no return fire, breach the shields, beam a nuke. game over.

Advantages
      Oddy - Cloak
      SD - shedloads of armour (unless you hit the bridge)

Oddy wins.
      Last edited by Acidbuk; 29 March 2007, 11:57 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Acidbuk View Post

Shields
        The Imperator class Star destroyer (as stated) is toated by fanboys as having shields ranging into the multi petatons range with reactors putting out more energy per second than a Sol type star. the SD also comes with two types of Shields Ray shields and particle shields. this figure though ocording to Onscreen evidence is toated much lower in the range of multi Gigatons (about the same as a Hatak)

The Oddys shields are known to take multiple Toilet Beams without breaching. now we know the Toilet beam destroys an Hatak in one shot; and we know an Hataks shields (pre Nuby upgrade) are rated somewhere in exces of 1000GT; so we know that a Toiletbeam has an excess energy of at least 1000 GT and that the Oddy can take multiple hits. we know that the Ori Toilet beams was able to power the time dialation drive to reverse time.

Odd Wins.

Weapons
        The SD has around 30 tripple batteries with weapon power depending on who you belive ranging from 25 megawats to multiple Petawatts per blast. though the general consensus is around 500GT for the sake of argument

The Oddy has mulitple Asgard energy weapons capable of breaching Ori Toilet Shields in a matter of seconds; now if we assume the Ori Shields are capable of protecting the Ori ships from there own weapons; then we must assume the Asgard beams are more powerful than the Ori shields since they breached and thus be more powerful than the Toilet beams and we know the Old Asgard weapons could breach a Hataks shields rated at 1000GT so an Asgard Energy weapon is rated at LEAST 1000GT per shot

Agility

Oddy Wins Hands down; the SD showed very very little agility; a Wraith hive being 3 times its size showed more agility than an SD. Oddy however has proven itself to be extreamly agile able to move almost on a dime.

Engines
        Large Huge ass slow engines; vs recessed armoured protected engines able to go to some 80% light speed (The Return Part 1). Oddy Wins

Crew
        US Airforce VS Incompitent Imperial Navy. neither side of shown any real tactical ability short of "Raise Shields, weapons to maximum"

Draw

Sensors

Oddy wins

Fighters
        Ties VS 302's
        the Ties have the advantages of infinite ammo being laser based; however the 302's seem to have the better pilots. both are equally agile. the Ties would get chewed up by point defence; the SD has no point defence.

Critical Flaws
        SD - exploding Bridge and Sensor Dome Towers. no guns on the Ventral side so the oddy can just get underneith it and just keep hitting it with no return fire, breach the shields, beam a nuke. game over.

Advantages
        Oddy - Cloak

Oddy wins.
        Shields-I'll give you that one because I have no source to help me here

Weapons- I have to desagree with you here. The ISD had 100 Turboblasters and 80 Ion Cannons. Also these weapons can destroy the surface of a planet so they have crazy amounts of firepower so they would easily overpower with that much weapons.

The Super Star Destroyer has 200 turboblasters, 50 concussion missile launchers, and 100 ion cannons. So the Oddy doesn't have a chance against ths for firepower

Agility- I have to disagree here because both ISD and the SSD have tractor beams which would prevent the oddy from even moving so that takes away its agaility

Engines- Doesn't matter if the Oddy can go 80% light speed if the SD just tractor beams it.

Crew- The Imperal Navy would win they have years more experience so they know how to fight in space. The USAF is used to fighting on a planet while the Imperal Navy (not that good in the movie) knows what to do

Sensors- I have no proof that the SD is better

Fighters- Tie Fighter wins hands down. The pilots have experience fighting in space while the USAF pilots are still getting used to space combat. Also the tie fighter has unlimited ammo and is highly more maneuvrable then the f-302

So I think its safe to say the SD would beat the Oddy because of lack of space combat experience and being out gunned by a ship with superior weapons
        Vote Anubis for President in 2012
        A Face you Can Trust
        sigpic
        So whats the worst that could happen?
        Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
        It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by Acidbuk View Post

Shields

Odd Wins.

Weapons

Agility

Engines

Crew

Draw

Sensors

Oddy wins

Fighters
          Ties VS 302's

Critical Flaws

Advantages
          Oddy - Cloak

Oddy wins.

I agree with all them apart from the Figthers!
          X-302s may be good and have well tarined piolets but we gotta remember that only the "Stormtrooper" holds the tie piolets back. I bet f the rebels used ties and the impirals used X-302s it would have been reversed.
          - Draw

Also as you stated the Ties have firepower until they run out of power which with solar powered wings is quite a while while the X302s only have a limited number of missiles.

Ties - Win

Shields. I gess the X 302 will win as the Ties seems to fall apart pretty easy and are also easier to hit however the tie bombers can take a fair few more.

X-302s win.

Numbers = Ties for the win.

Class of ships.
          The Od has X-302s
          The SD has Ties, Tie Interspetors (which have twice as better piolets as standard ties and are much harder to hit), Tie Bombers and possibly the Ties with 4 wings.
          Meaning the SD has more chance for tacticts.
          and greater diversity

There4 if the Odd and SD where in a return of the jedi style space battle where their figthers do most of the work i think the SD will win.

However capital ship vs capital ship the Od would win hands down.
          sigpic
          Banner Made By Me for Me
          The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

^

Actually, the official SW website currently states that the Executor-class SSD has approximately 5,000 turbolaser and ion cannon batteries, in addition to at least 144 assorted TIEs (Fighters, Interceptors, Bombers, Advanced, etc., if you go by EU it might even have a few Defenders) and over 200 other support and combat craft.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord of Nightmares View Post
              ^

Actually, the official SW website currently states that the Executor-class SSD has approximately 5,000 turbolaser and ion cannon batteries, in addition to at least 144 assorted TIEs (Fighters, Interceptors, Bombers, Advanced, etc., if you go by EU it might even have a few Defenders) and over 200 other support and combat craft.
              Cheers!

backing up my point that in a return of th jedi style space batle the SD would win 10 times over.
              sigpic
              Banner Made By Me for Me
              The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

High-end Stargate calcs from 'Beach Head' place Ha'tak shots in the multi-gigaton range- 25GT per shot. It's not unreasonable to assume that their shields can handle multi-gigaton shots if we play with the high-end calcs, because we've seen this demonstrated in the series, when Goa'uld ships have fired upon each other.

Ori shields withstood multiple rounds from said weaponry in 'Camelot', without so much as a scratch. If they withstood just five shots, then we can work out that they handled 125GT with ease. Since the Jaffa fired more than five shots, we know that figure is higher.

From this, we can establish that the Ori have ships that can handle hundreds of gigatons. We also know how easily the upgraded Odyssey cut through those shields. That implies very powerful weaponry on the part of the Odyssey. Beams weighing in at hundreds of gigatons maybe?

However, an Imperial Star Destroyer has several heavy guns that weigh in at a minimum of 200GT (200GT is the firepower of the Acclamator troop transports in AOTC- and it's fair to assume that the newer, dedicated warships like the ISD had more powerful weaponry than a 20 year-old troop transport). Not only that, but the ISD has many other smaller weapons that measure into the multi-megaton range. (this is all assuming that we are taking the highest end calcs for both sides here).

I have to hand it to the ISD, as multiple bursts from her main guns would be too much for even the upgraded Odyssey to handle. The ISD may well sustain damage, but it has too much firepower and a crew with more experience of space warfare.
                To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield- Tennyson
                http://darthtimon.wix.com/meerkatmusings
                http://meerkatmusings.co.uk/

Comment

Tactics are sometimes more important than technology. The Odyssey could just drop out of hyperspace, cloak, then beam a gatebuster onboard the Star Destroyer. Even if magicly the Star Destroyer could jam the beam, the Odyssey's beam weapons could punch through the shield in one place with a few shots and if the bridge was targeted the Star Destroyer would be as good as gone in a few moments. You may argue that the Star Destroyer has lots of powerful weapons and I aggree. But you underestimate the Odyssey's agility. It would be able to evade enemy shots and even if a few hits did manage tohit the Odyssey the upgraded shield would absorb it. So long as the Odyssey kept moving while attacking the Star Destroyer The Odyssey would win within a few minitues maximum.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

Given the fact that the Oddy can take loads of punishment from an Ori toilet ship I would have to say that It could withstand a whole lot from a Star Destroyer. Plus I would not doubt that it's new weapons could cut that ship to shreds in minutes. Add that with it's extreme maneuverability advantage over the SD. I would have to give the battle to the Oddy. Also one on one I would give the advantage to the F-302's over the ties. However I believe that due to sheer numbers the ties would just barely win out on that one.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

I just watched Unending again and I just noticed that the oddy could only take 2 shots before the shields dropped to 0%.

So if the Ori ships have a single powerful weapon and the SD has powerful weapons but the SD has numerous weapons. It would take the shields out in a few volleys.

You Oddy supporters keep saying that it has agailty but the SD has a tractor beam which will hold it in place so the Oddy can't even move. Thus taking away the agailty of the Oddy and letting the SD have a field day with target pratice on teh oddy.

Lets just say the SD shields did go off line, it still has a very very very thick hull which would give it more time to attack with its big guns.

F-302 vs Tie-fighter
                      The Tie fighter will win. The f-302 has limited weapons while the Tie Fighter has a near endless supply of ammo. Also the oddy has what 16 f-302 while the SD has over a 100 Tie figthers
                      Last edited by fugiman; 30 March 2007, 11:54 AM. Reason: More Info
                      A Face you Can Trust
                      sigpic
                      It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

a stardistroyer would win hands down i mean how may different ships does that thing carry .hundreds of fighters bombers oh yeah and proton torpedos i dont thin that the shields will last long against that.
                        sigpic
                        Sig For Me!

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                          I just watched Unending again and I just noticed that the oddy could only take 2 shots before the shields dropped to 0%.

So if the Ori ships have a single powerful weapon and the SD has powerful weapons but the SD has numerous weapons. It would take the shields out in a few volleys.

You Oddy supporters keep saying that it has agailty but the SD has a tractor beam which will hold it in place so the Oddy can't even move. Thus taking away the agailty of the Oddy and letting the SD have a field day with target pratice on teh oddy.

Lets just say the SD shields did go off line, it still has a very very very thick hull which would give it more time to attack with its big guns.

F-302 vs Tie-fighter
                          The Tie fighter will win. The f-302 has limited weapons while the Tie Fighter has a near endless supply of ammo. Also the oddy has what 16 f-302 while the SD has over a 100 Tie figthers
                          Yeah that was just before they activated the time dilation device. In the begging the Odyssey took about 4 hits from the beam and a hit from a exploding planet in the beck and the shields were still about 20%.
                          Spoiler:
                          Spoiler:
                          A tribute to the Asgard, a great race, great allies and our best friends!
                          The Tau'ri will not forget about you.

Your legacy is safe with use.

Comment

Originally posted by Tovny View Post
                            Yeah that was just before they activated the time dilation device. In the begging the Odyssey took about 4 hits from the beam and a hit from a exploding planet in the beck and the shields were still about 20%.
                            Well SD can destroy planets so then the shields would go down and the Oddy. I mean the firepower of a SD is amazing and it would bring the shields down of the oddy right away.

Here is what the SD would do. They would tractor beam the Oddy, launch tie-fighters, Tie-Bombers, Tie-Intercepters and any other fighters or shuttles they have. Then they would fire turboblasters, Ion Cannons, missles and anything else they had. The F-302's would get destroyed by the Tie's and the Oddy would get blown out of the water by the awsome fire power of the SD.

Thus the Oddy would lose and the SD would go home happy
                            A Face you Can Trust
                            sigpic

Comment

Accually as the Tie's are crappy shots and the F-302's have missles that lock on to enemies an F-302 would easly win against a Tie.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

The Tie-Fighters are highly maneuvarable and able to dodge the missles so then when the F-302's are out of missles what do they have left nothing. Then the Tie-Fighters have target pratice on the f-302's.

Also the Tie-Bombers could attack the shields. And the Tie-Intercepters have great pilots and could wipe the floor with the F-302's
                                A Face you Can Trust
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X