Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree a replacement for the 302 would be a very nice thing to have. With the Asgard technology they could also probably develop shields for them and a small enough powersupply to power energy weapons for them and make the shield quite formidible. Heck they might even be able to build a two man fighter with hyperspace capabilities. That would make us a pretty powerful force to be reckoned with...

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

I would expect some more 303s and 304s most likely. Maybe a new class of starships. I don't expect the 302s to be phased out yet. Smaller ships like frigates and corvettes aren't really intended to be able take on hatak motherships. The Odyssey would obviously be the flagship of the Earth fleet because it has a ZPM to make the upgrades extremely powerful. Size and starship role are actually quite dependent on each other. Smaller ships would be developed, but not to make the 302s, 303s, and 304s obselete; only to be used as support ships in combat.
      Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Don't you remember that basically the size is the key to victory and power (if we rule out ZPM power source)?
        If they start building smaller ships, it basically means that they have to prepare for potentially higher and more fequent casualities? More potential casualities means Stargate going public. They can't hide unexplained casualities forever when Asurans and Wraith start blasting their Alkesh sized gunships one after another.

As it's seen, bigger ships tend to survive longer in battle due to bigger and more powerful power generators (if, again, we rule out numerous Atlantis mess-ups... )
        Imho small ships for planetary defence only (outrule fighters). Medium and Large to offense.

As for the common attitude that they couldn't build bigger ships than Daedalus-class is a sign of limited thinking. I don't see any problems to build 10km long ship. It just takes time and resources, and SG universe is full of resources. All the needed technology likely to be found from Asgard knowledge base.
        (of course 10km long ship is not wise to build if it takes 10+ years... )

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
          The minimum for that I'd expect to be S5. Perhaps if it gets cancelled & they do the movies, then they may bring in a few of the new model to finish off the Wraith & Asurans.
          wraith_boy, u are just so negative. we want atlantis to last as long as sg1. atlantis has something sg1 didnt. it has the effect of the search fro better technologies and we have the whole city to search

Comment

I would expect them to begin producing more advanced ships. I would also expect faster production speed (they have been building these things for a long time), better weapons, shields, and hyperdrives. In the next few seasons, don't be surprised to see the "brand new 305, 306, and 307". Progressively larger, more powerful, and faster ships. As to how they could man those ships (the DSCs require some 200-ish people for the crew) without drawing attention to the large holes in manpower, money (I doubt that they come cheap), the obvious occasional leak, and the chance of an enemy attacking earth, I don't know.

Comment

Or they could make the gate public once the Ori threat is gone, and then we will be in for smooth sailing, of course aver WWIII, which should really not be to hard to win considering we have three ships, the Merlin device and rediculous nukes.
              http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
              The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

What we should be doing is churning out 303 hulls as fast as we can and fitting them with all the most advanced technology that we have now. That would probably be the quickest way to get the strongest fleet.
                www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

I like this design that I came across on Scifimesh.com
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by wilson359; 24 April 2007, 09:38 PM.
                  sigpic
                  "We are the Fifth Race. Our role is clear. If there is any hope in preserving the future, it lies with us."
                  Signature made by RJB

Comment

Originally posted by wilson359 View Post
                    I like this design that I came across on Scifi.com
                    nice but is would be a bit better if the wings on the side's are thinner and curved inward

but overal i like it

Comment

That was a very nice design and interesting how they combined design aspects from several of the Asgard ships and the front design of the 304 class ships. I have to say that if Carter does indeed get a new ship with the newest Asgard technology integreted I will be very interested in seeing what she can do.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

and I like this one from spacebattles.com
                        http://forums.spacebattles.com/showp...5&postcount=99

Comment

both those artists are on this board
                          Visit my Website

Comment

I like them both, the O'Neill like one would probably be a capital ship, while the Excaliber would probably be an attack vessel slightly smaller than the 304.
                            http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
                            The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

i love the look of this ship. it is a good tribute to the asgard legacy. the pictures on http://forums.spacebattles.com/showp...5&postcount=99. the one on spacebattles would be a great flagship for the united states.

Comment

Originally posted by Londo Molari View Post
                                and I like this one from spacebattles.com
                                http://forums.spacebattles.com/showp...5&postcount=99
                                I highly approve.
                                (This reminds me that I need to do some new renders of her with her new texture maps.)

PS are you Londo Molari of Spacebattles too? If you are I remember playing subspace with you and johan back in the good old days.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
                                Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

Working...
                                X