Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ancient VS Asgard Tech (Unending Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, considering that the Tauri were able to work with living, breathing asgard that helped them reverse engineer some of their technology (Example: Unnatural Selection when the asgard helped Carter reverse engineer the asgard timer for the time dilation device). The Tauri had to use guess and check methods in order to integrate ancient technology (Example: The stargate and Earth's DHD). However, we were able to gain some insight on how ancient tech works whenever O'neill's mind was subjected to the Ancient repository. Plus, the ATA gene poses some problems as well, and I'm sure that there are safety protocols preventing any tampering with ancient tech without the gene.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      my explanation on that is simple: they have been researching the weapon for many years, and only recently managed to make it work properly. like dialation fields. asgard first barely understood them, but recently, like on oddy, the thing could suddenly make time pass millions of times faster, as opposed to the meagre results of dialation tech with ancient dialation fields. though greatly speeding up time, the asgard hold the record.

all tech on the oddy is the latest and best tech. the beam weapons were most likely only recently completed, taking advantage of fluctuations.

drones only go through weak shields, as more advanced ones are immune to penetration:
      asgard and tauri shields posess the cipher to prevent bypassing
      ancient shields do
      ori shields do
      repli shields????
      How do we know?
      If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
      Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
      If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
      Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

an ori ship was merely driven off by the superweapon, not actually defeated. considering the impact of APBW's on the ship, a few dozen drones would've been enough to defeat it in an instant.

Comment

Working...
        X