This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
    I think there is another thread that is discussing this and some thoughts are that the Horizon is a planetary assault weapon not a anti-starship weapon.
    Spoiler:
    On that note, I didn't expect the horizion to be ten missiles in a 'Bomb' I was expecting the Apollo to have a special kind of missile launcher other than its main which would fire all ten missiles seprately & simoultainiously (sp?) therefore the weapon system would be effective in both space & ground combat

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

My 40 post! Yeah i own.
      Spoiler:
      Spoiler:
      A tribute to the Asgard, a great race, great allies and our best friends!
      The Tau'ri will not forget about you.

Your legacy is safe with use.

Comment

Why the hell we didn't just beam the Nukes. We had never assumed Asurans using jamming tech before

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post
          Why the hell we didn't just beam the Nukes. We had never assumed Asurans using jamming tech before
          Nice point. Why even bother building the Horizon?
          Spoiler:
          Spoiler:

Comment

Range? Wasn't that an issue when they tried to beam nukes on board Wraith vessels? They had to get close enough. We're too chicken to put our big ships with advanced beaming technology in harm's way. That's why we have missiles.

Comment

...yeah but wasint the animation REALLY FRAKKIN COOL
              Originally posted by cowpants
              ...you did it. I can't believe you actually did it. I am quite frankly astounded that you did it.

Thanks to you, I now want several mods to start mating with each other. I wanting to see what Moderator procreation will have in store for us.

And I thought that no one could get me to want this.

Congrats Mapp, you are officially the single most disturbed individual on GW.
              Spoiler:

Spoiler:
              Rosilin for pres

Comment

Originally posted by Tovny View Post
                My 40 post! Yeah i own.
                My 200 post.
                you make a big deal of your posts...but say nothing relevent SPAMMERS

the sfx department just wanted a chance to show off, but beaming may require getting close to the planet and Asuran drones
                Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                  you make a big deal of your posts...but say nothing relevent SPAMMERS

the sfx department just wanted a chance to show off, but beaming may require getting close to the planet and Asuran drones
                  Apollo would go KABOOM!

I don't know why they need Mark 9 Gatebusters to destroy the ships, they could just ask George Lucas for the specs of a Death Star and destroy the whole planet!
                  Spoiler:
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Thought:
                    The Asurans created holographic images of ships to provoke the Humans to see if the Humans would seek a Diplomatic solution or a Violent one.
                    The Asurans wanted to know which path the Humans have taken.
                    Violence or Peace.
                    The real weapon was the Satellite all along.
                    The Asurans wanted to test the Human's character, and did so.
                    When the Humans attacked,
                    it proved to the Asurans what the Humans were like.
                    So they launched the real weapon.

I highly highly doubt this is the case, but rather think they were real ships and the Asurans were just arogant and didn't think the Humans had this capability.

Comment

Working...
                    X